Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 170
Like Tree49Likes
  1. brshoemak's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Does it have some things that are mildly annoying? Sure but at $99 the only other alternative was a cheap Android tablet running Froyo from some fly-by-night foreign company that thinks if it's fully assembled then it passed quality control.
    You mean like this? --> Link

    btw, I don't regret my purchase at all. I like WebOS and I know that there is always Android if it comes to that. I have had zero issues (software/hardware) with mine except for the janky browser, but that's a common thing it seems.
  2. TehKhy's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #142  
    No regrets; I got a 32gb during the fire sale for $150.
    Wish the HP case was a little better, but that's minor. Magnetic closure to keep the flap down and maybe a non-velcro stand, but that's only minor stuff.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    You mean like this? --> Link
    EXACTLY! LOL. Given the choice between that piece of garbage and a TP for the same price, the decision is a no-brainer.

    By the way if you liked the review of that Android tablet, you should see the pictures of what you CAN do with that tablet.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    EXACTLY! LOL. Given the choice between that piece of garbage and a TP for the same price, the decision is a no-brainer.

    By the way if you liked the review of that Android tablet, you should see the pictures of what you CAN do with that tablet.
    I saw that a while ago, got a good laugh out of it.

    So I absolutely LOVE webOS. I bought my first 16gb touchpad on launch day for $543 after tax; returned it 14 days later after I received my 32gb touchpad for $550 delivered, $500 after $50 early adopter rebate from HP.

    So then the firesale happens, we picked up a second 32gb for $149 and I still didn't regret my initial purchase because I've been enjoying it all this time. HOWEVER, yesterday I received a $400 credit from my first purchase from DigitalEtc.com, so now my initial 32gb purchase only cost me $100.

    I couldn't be happier with DigitalEtc, HP's customer service, and webOS. The only disappointment is HPs leadership and marketing. They just didn't know what to do with what they had.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

    RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

    Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I'm only sorry that I missed the fire sale. All my attempts to get one came up short, I'm hoping to catch the second round of fire sale TouchPad's from HP.
    I was in that same situation and gave up, but then went to just before the massive inflation.
  6. #146  
    I think its my best purchase of the entire year. I use it almost as much as my MacBook, I love webOS and am excited about the ability to dual boot Android.

    I bought the iPad and iPad 2 and had a difficult time justifying their price and lack of use on my part but at $150 the 32GB Touchpad is a no-brainer. Just awesome.
  7. #147  
    Not sorry at all.. I have a 16gig I got for 99$ and a 32gig I got used for 80$. Love them both.. One runs android the other is pure webOS (I now prefer webOS vs. android any day).

    my only issue, lack of apps.
  8. #148  
    One of the best bits of hardware purchase-luck ever to come my way I reckon. $215 for 32Gb + BTK-Board + HP Case.

    I'm only sorry even more people couldn't share of this limited-production delight!

  9. #149  
    I am not sorry. Great piece of hardware and especially for the price.
    knownboyofno likes this.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    Not sorry at all.. I have a 16gig I got for 99$ and a 32gig I got used for 80$. Love them both.. One runs android the other is pure webOS (I now prefer webOS vs. android any day).

    my only issue, lack of apps.
    Funny you say that because I never understood why people would want to port Android to the Touchpad while I wished I could have webOS on some Android phone hardware. I figured there could only be three reasons. 1) Because they really felt the need for more apps. 2) Because they wanted to see if it could be done. And 3) They were such Android fans that they didn't want to give webOS a chance.

    But the more I thought about it, I could understand all three reasons. It's refreshing to know hear that you prefer webOS on the TP.
  11. veerar's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #151  
    Got 32G $149 as part of HP laptop bundle .

    Loving it.
  12. #152  
    I'm not sorry at all, got my 32GB Touchpad new along with a new Touchstone charger for $260 as a bundle on Amazon. That was a great buy in my book.
  13. Peppy431's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    EXACTLY! LOL. Given the choice between that piece of garbage and a TP for the same price, the decision is a no-brainer.

    By the way if you liked the review of that Android tablet, you should see the pictures of what you CAN do with that tablet.
    I have the 2nd cousin of that tablet. I bought it on alibaba for $59. It came with no instructions and the menu system was entirely in chinese. I had to watch videos on youtube to see where the menus would be if they were in english so I could root it. After countless hours I got the Rudroid Flytouch ROM working on it. Then I wondered why I spent so much time working on a piece of junk that will always be a piece of junk. The lesson I learned is when you're shopping for a tablet, if the first thing that pops into your head is "can it be rooted?", you probably shouldn't buy it.
  14. #154  
    No regrets with my $162 (out the door) TP 32gb from Best Buy.
    It has its quirks but I ain't complaining for "only" $162.

    I can't understand ppl that are complaining about it after getting it for the firesale price.
  15. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Funny you say that because I never understood why people would want to port Android to the Touchpad while I wished I could have webOS on some Android phone hardware
    Yeah, it's the apps. I really like WebOS as an OS on a tablet but the app selection blows. I'd rather have Android as my phone OS though. Bring a good keyboard app, Pulse news, and a decent browser and I'd be mostly happy. A vast majority of the apps on the Touchpad are inferior to the Android apps and not to mention just the large catalog of missing apps. There are a few overlaps but I can easily understand why people want to port Android on the Touchpad, because everything you do on the tablet uses apps and that's WebOS's huge Achille's heel.

    Will I port Android over? Most likely, but I'll wait for ICS. I already have access to all my wonderful apps on my Android phone now so I'm not in any rush.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    No regrets with my $162 (out the door) TP 32gb from Best Buy.
    It has its quirks but I ain't complaining for "only" $162.

    I can't understand ppl that are complaining about it after getting it for the firesale price.
    I agree with you there, its not like they paid $599 for the Touchpad. The firesale prices were definately a bargain.
  17. #157  
    got mine on a whim at firesale prices (32g unit), it is great for traveling....once you take the time to upload your work, vids, music and whatever to box.net from you main rig, you can travel without a tether to a regular computer....

    still some limitations, porting a good working version of Android to the tablet is around the corner. Yes, I know u can do it now, the Android/Touchpad OS is just very rough around the edges at present, gonna wait....

    The next few weeks will determine a lot as to whether the WebOS will continue to develope....with Android in the wings, it ain't all that bad....

    laterzzzzz....
  18. Sonic77's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #158  
    Picked one up in the last few days for $150 after selling my original iPad.
    Planned to use it until the iPad 3 comes out in the spring.

    Must admit for the price its great
    but I am tempted to upgrade to an iPad 2 now instead,
    for the iPad's smoothness,
    much faster more stable browser,
    apps like iMovie, better pdf reading, etc.
  19. #159  
    Again, there is NO $99 tablet on this planet that can match the build quality, memory, battery life or screen size. Anywhere. At all.

    The two I bought (one for me, one for my brother as a BD present) are the best $200 I've spent this decade.
  20. #160  
    +1,

    Not sorry at all for a 150 dollar tablet with decent set of apps that one can want, 4 dollars leather sleeve, and 20 dollar bluetooth keyboard for serious fast typing. Incredible value as I do not have a personal laptop that I can take anywhere with me. Netbooks are cool too, actually. I never understood why people hate netbooks. I guess because they can't match touchpad's price!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions