Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jblank View Post
    I'm not sorry at all, but the browser being pathetic is a big downer. Other than the web browser, it is a great product.
    it may have problems, but show me one browser in android that plays grooveshark, or streaming NFL games right in browser.

Flash may be buggy, but more sites work in this browser than most I have tried on Android.
    After a week I see there are things that the TP gets right, like the 9.7 inch size, the screen quality, Synergy.
    But there's things horribly wrong like the browser.
    If I had bought on launch day, after a week I would be angry, and probably return it.
    For $99 it's an amazing device, better than a nook Color at 1/3 the price.
    I like many bought their first TP from Best Buy and ended up returning the unit and thankfully finding a new TP on Fire-sale. Actually, my wife and I both waited in line and picked up TP 32gb units coming in at half what I paid for one unit on July 1st. Do I feel guilty, kinda, but then not really. HP promised $50 rebate that I never got, $50 promo code nope did not receive, and many other missteps that motivated my whole return and repurchase process.

Thankfully, it worked in the end, but it hasn't for everyone and HP failed executions is cause of all of this. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    seriously anyone who paid 89 or $99 should refrain from complaining at that crazy prize its one of the best tablets even with its short comings. I am hoping the webOS team is working hard to iron out the bugs and adding more functionality. It can only get better with more regular updates no coming month bull****.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm not going to lie, I definitely thought about selling it. The main reason for me is the battery life which seems to be a lot less than HP's claim. No "tap to jump to top" function in most apps like in iOS and the default music app sucks. My music will sometimes play too fast and syncing is a PITA. The stepped volume sucks too because one notch will be too low but the next one up is too high. I HATE this! In iOS it can be adjusted linearly using the touchscreen control slider.

It was only $91 shipped though so it isn't the end of the world. I like it a lot but I'm still going to replace my 2G iPod Touch with a new one come October. After using a tablet I can honestly say this form factor is just not for me. It's just too heavy and there is actually too much screen.

Despite WebOS being a very nice operating system there is no doubt as to why Apple is making money hand over fist. Everything is just too seamless and nice. You don't have to work for anything because it just works for you. Something as simple as syncing music should be handled just like iTunes yet HP fails to do this which is something many companies continue to neglect. It is about the entire experience, not just the 9.7 inch screen in front of you.
    No regrets here. When I came home with it, my wife was a little nervous because she'd been reading all the doom & gloom "It's dead!" stories on the web but after playing with it for the last ten days or so, I'm very happy with it. I like how it acts (mind you, I did the patches and overclock), the screen, the general feel of the OS and even find the apps suitable. I'd like some stuff like a Netflix app but I can live without.

It's a luxury and a "toy" and something I wouldn't have bought at full price no matter who made it. For $150 (32g), it's a nice quality of life enhancer. I'm actually more optimisitc about it today than I was when I got it and was thinking "Well, maybe someday I'll be able to use Android or something..."
    You had me until "syncing music should be handled just like iTunes". Thats when I knew your lips where stained with Koolaid.
    devize and mikeyvt1 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zineesh View Post
    I am hoping the webOS team is working hard to iron out the bugs and adding more functionality. .
    Where have they been the last three years? Since I last used webOS over 2 years ago there are zero improvements to browser and removing features (gestures). No wonder hp dropped it. They should have fired everyone at palm and hired webOS internal teams and hackers
    not sure if serious...
    Sorry.....not at all.
    $150 for a 32B tablet that multitasks, has stereo speakers and "some" decent apps.
    I'd say that's a bloody good deal. Works great for watching movies that I download. Kindle works just fine. Plays music fine.
    Now I have paired my Android phone and I can take calls on it if I want too

I'm sure that it will get better as the Homebrew community release more items
    I love my TP and so does everyone else I showed it to. But... Webos does have its little issues that I wish we didn't need preware and that all the options we could ever want are available, but lets face it, webos doesn't have enough developers, so for the way it is stock, absolutely awesome. I hope someone else buys out the webos platform. I so wanted my Pre 3! Dag nabbit.
    Love mine. Wish they marketed it better and had it a bit more polished. I didn't know what I was missing out on until I got my $99 16gb. I really hope it lives on because I'm totally a fan (this is my first webOS device).
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Since I have gotten the touchpad I have only fired up the desktop to get the doctor downloaded and to transfer some movies. I only use the iPhone I have for calls and text. No more browsing on the small screen. I love my touchpad and the wife loves hers!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Sorry.....not at all.
    $150 for a 32B tablet that multitasks, has stereo speakers and "some" decent apps.
    I'd say that's a bloody good deal. Works great for watching movies that I download. Kindle works just fine. Plays music fine.
    Now I have paired my Android phone and I can take calls on it if I want too

I'm sure that it will get better as the Homebrew community release more items
    Ok HOW did you pair an android phone?
    How could anyone have hard feelings about paying 100$ for this thing.

You'll pay more than that for any decent ereader, or digital photo frame, or a cheap car video player. Hell, 100$ is so cheap that its the target price point for computers designed for destitute children in Africa. This device is -magic- at 100$. If youd have shown this thing to me in the year 2000, I'd have thought you were an alien.

I'm tied at the hip to this thing. Its a brilliant device for casual browsing, reading, gaming, tv watching.... You won't regret keeping and using it. You might regret getting rid of it, because you -can't- replace this thing with something similarly capable for much less than 500$
    Being a Apple nuthugger I was quite disappointed and slightly impressed (multitasking is waaaay better)

However $100 is a rip off for a device that broke in 2 days...but that's just what happened to me.
    best 150$ i've ever spent so far on a tablet. No regrets so far and thanks to precentral and friends for keeping webOS alive *hope*
    the root.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman3459 View Post
    Being a Apple nuthugger I was quite disappointed and slightly impressed (multitasking is waaaay better)

However $100 is a rip off for a device that broke in 2 days...but that's just what happened to me.
    its under warranty.

Get it fixed and enjoy it :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    its under warranty.

Get it fixed and enjoy it :-)
    I am actually as long as the customer service representative went through all the proper steps. I got the new guy -_-
    I paid full price for a 32gb and I do not regret it. I am not even mad about the price drop. I use it constantly for many things and feel like I have already gotten my monies worth.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast