1.    #1  
    What was HP.com's return policy on Touchpads ordered on Friday, Aug 19, 2011?

I believe that's the day the $99 firesale started. At the time of order, the HP website
    listed the return policy as 21 days from date of purchase. This was also stated on the
    order invoice. In fact, when I called the same day to check on the order, the rep
    told me that I had 21 days to return the Touchpad.(phone conversation recorded on
    my PC)

However, now HP is saying there will be absolutely no returns on the Touchpads....

When did they change the policy and posted it to HP.com? Can they really change
    the return policy after the product has been delivered to the consumer?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    you can't
    the warranty is in affect

only if you pay full price before if they credit you the difference you accept the new terms
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post

When did they change the policy and posted it to HP.com? Can they really change
    the return policy after the product has been delivered to the consumer?
    Probably not. You might just have two-ish choices:

-Engage them in a legal battle of some kind or spend hours and hours on the phone getting bounced around.

-Sell it to someone here who would give it a loving home. <3
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    you can't
    the warranty is in affect

only if you pay full price before if they credit you the difference you accept the new terms
    I'm not actually thinking about returning my Touchpad(s). They're working fine.

However, I'm more interested in how a big corporation like HP.com can change
    its return policy after the consumer has already taken delivery of the product.
    Isn't the printed invoice a binding contract between HP.com and the consumer?
    The only legal exception that I can think of is bankruptcy. If HP or HP.com files for
    bankruptcy, then all bets are off and they have no obligation to honor any return
    or exchange policy.

Like I said, on Aug 19, nowhere on HP.com did it mention the new no-return policy.
    The invoice print-out clearly stated 21-day return policy. The online HP.com chat
    rep said 21 days and HP.com even emailed me a copy of the online chat transcript.
    I also have a recording of my conversation with a HP.com rep who said 21 days.
    Why would you want to return it ?

sell it on ebay for more
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post

sell it on ebay for more
    He doesn't want to return it, he just wants to know how a big corporation can get away with changing something in a moments notice telling everyone else tough luck..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post

sell it on ebay for more
    I have not intention of returning it. You'll have to pry the Touchpad and my Glock
    from my cold dead fingers. I want at least a couple more Touchpads!

My family now has 2 Touchpads, 1 iPad 2, 1 Samsung Galaxy Tablet(10-inch)
    Unfortunately, everyone seems to be hogging the two Touchpads all the time.
    I'm not really sure why yet... the Touchpad is the heaviest by far and has the
    fewest apps on it...
    I ordered my TP from HP on the 19th. They took awhile to send me my TP but it arrived on the 26th. It came with what appears to be either A) dead pixels or B) some dust caught under the screen. I called them and tried to get my TP exchanged but they had none in stock to send me. The rep that I spoke to told I could get a refund and also I had something like a month to do so, I can't remember for sure.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    I ordered my TP from HP on the 19th. They took awhile to send me my TP but it arrived on the 26th. It came with what appears to be either A) dead pixels or B) some dust caught under the screen. I called them and tried to get my TP exchanged but they had none in stock to send me. The rep that I spoke to told I could get a refund and also I had something like a month to do so, I can't remember for sure.
    I completely forgot to check both of my Touchpads for such issues when I received them.
    When I bought my iPad 2, I had to make 4 exchanges before getting one that that had
    no issues.

Looking at my Touchpads right now, I dont' find any dead pixels or dust under the glass....

Are you planning to return your Touchpad?