1.    #1  
    Hi

Why cannot I add my Touchpad account to the emulator? I feel like it is either disabled or not functioning well because I keep getting network error inside the emulator when I try to delete the "Dr. Skipped First use". This really sucks Because I really want to be able to keep my settings same on both the emulator and the device. I hope that they delibrately did not disable such thing on the emulator.

One of the things that irked me most with Android SDK was the speed of the emulator. I believe that that was a deliberate speed down. These kinds of limitations are not developer friendly overall.

I can see why HP would not want people to use emulator as the device, on the otherhand they would be punishing the good will developers or dedicated users. Having the emulator is very convenient and I really hope that this was not an intentional crippled down version.
    Last edited by karun; 09/01/2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Putting your Palm Profile on the emulator is lame. The emulator is to test an app. There is no reason for signing into the profile.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Putting your Palm Profile on the emulator is lame. The emulator is to test an app. There is no reason for signing into the profile.
    What is so lame about it? If your logic hold true, running Android on a real desktop is lame too. Since there is no way to install Webos on a Desktop(as far as I know), using the WebOs via Emulator for real is not lame in my book.

I use virtual machines for all kinds of purposes and in some cases I use them for real rather than just" testing" stuff.

Calling it lame is kind of a limited point of view.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The emulator doesn't ship with any account stuff or the app catalog. Its a development environment, that is all.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Can't be done. As mentioned the emulator is not linked to any HP production servers.
    If you want your apps in the emulator most of them wont work anyways, emulator is x86. Wrong forum for this also.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the heads up guys. Sorry for posting under wrong forum.