1.    #1  
    June data showed ipad accounted for 97% of the tablet traffic online. I was hoping webos would at least show up on the radar following the events of last two weeks with buying frenzy not seen besides for Apple products.

I was wondering if Hulu Fix and patch for change user agent spoof will place the TouchPad traffic into other tablet traffic giving a false distribution of traffic and undermining TouchPad's presence on the web.

Thoughts anyone? thanks
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Umm.. June data wouldn't show anything for the TP as it didn't come out until July...? Or is there newer data you didn't mention?
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnee View Post
    Umm.. June data wouldn't show anything for the TP as it didn't come out until July...? Or is there newer data you didn't mention?
    I haven't seen the newer data. However, I was hoping webos would atleast mark a spot on the new set of data whenever it comes out. The main concern I had was whether the above patches affect how the TP traffic could be marked as something else as appose to webos traffic. Not sure so just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 09/01/2011 at 04:17 PM.
    While it might make a temporary miniscule change in traffic. Apple sold 9 million or so last quarter. That's an addition of almost 100,000 people per day. In other words, Apple's added more people since the HP sale weekend than were added BY the HP sale weekend. Given that Apple keeps adding tens of thousands a day there's no reason to expect much by way of traffic changes.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    over 9 million Apple verses maybe 200,000 Touch pad?
    ( maybe 350,000 sold but many are sitting not used yet)
  6.    #6  
    the hulu fix also addressed the ebay.com website. Here is the webpage before the fix

http://hp.mobileweb.ebay.com/home

here is the page after the fix.

eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping

this confirms my hypothesis, the crux of this thread, that traffic is not falling under webOS bucket with the patch.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    the hulu fix also addressed the ebay.com website. Here is the webpage before the fix

http://hp.mobileweb.ebay.com/home

here is the page after the fix.

eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping

this confirms my hypothesis, the crux of this thread, that traffic is not falling under webOS bucket with the patch.
    Naaaah.... I have the hulu fix installed and whatsmyip.org says this about me:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.40.1 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0
    What about the netflix site redirecting you to the wihome site for netflix? Is this normal?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Naaaah.... I have the hulu fix installed and whatsmyip.org says this about me:
    Thanks. Seems like hulu didn't do a good job of filtering out touchpad traffic.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    What about the netflix site redirecting you to the wihome site for netflix? Is this normal?
    Yes, Netflix requires Silverlight.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    the hulu fix does not spoof the user-agent, therefore it should have no effect on the number of webOS devices being reported, which should be around 300,000-500,000. The hulu fix changes the Flash identifier from webOS to windows. If hulu wants to, they could also filter by user-agent, and break the fix. Lets hope they don't care that much...
    What about iPhones and iPads with a user agent spoof?