Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm running my Touchpad stock--no Preware, OC, etc. All Flash videos I've tried so far have been choppy. Every few seconds they'll freeze for a second or two (the audio still works) then start playing again, and the pattern repeats all the way through the video. I tried a number of videos both on Youtube and Vimeo and get the same results. Is this normal for a stock Touchpad or are there things I can do short of Preware, etc. to make it work better?
    Youtube isn't choppy without logging, stuff like megavideo keep buffering.

To solve the youtube issue disable logging with 2 patches and manual disable also, read this http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Also make sure to upgrade to 3.0.2 first
    Updating and patching it (disable logging) makes 720p on youtube play perfectly.
    Make sure you fullscreen the videos. It helps with performance.
    Is there some reason you are avoiding preware?

I don't remember having choppy video before I patched and OC'd my Touchpad. That's something I think I would definitely remember. You are going in fullscreen mode for these videos right?
    I haven't installed preware yet and my video is choppy about half the time. Running webOS 3.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzanthp View Post
    I haven't installed preware yet and my video is choppy about half the time. Running webOS 3.0.2.
    Set logging to minimum without patching first and play some youtube videos
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    Is there some reason you are avoiding preware?

I don't remember having choppy video before I patched and OC'd my Touchpad. That's something I think I would definitely remember. You are going in fullscreen mode for these videos right?
    Not really avoiding preware for the long term, just want to see what can or can't be done on the tablet without 3rd party aids. I'm sure I'll get to using Preware eventually. Yes, I am going into fullscreen mode.

Good tips here, guys. Thanks a bunch.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Well one thing is for sure: don't multitask. Duh, noob mistake. I'm pretty sure I had multiple browsers open whenever I tested.

Also: don't watch video from a webpage that has Flash ads. One Youtube video I was testing I tried to watch embedded on a webpage with Flash ads (went to fullscreen mode but webpage was still in background of course). It was choppy there but smooth when I went straight to Youtube. So multiple Flash animations at one time = no-no.

Youtube and Vimeo work great now, thanks. The only thing I did was clear logs and set it to minimal logging. Not sure that did anything for the Flash video problem (see multitasking stupidity above), but I'm sure it hasn't hurt.

Now if I can just figure out how to go back to a point in time in the clip without it sending me to the end of the clip instead I'll be golden.