Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #41  
    Honestly this is a work-around at best. It's not 100% yet, and I'm not sure it ever will be. With the Pre 3s getting into Dev's hands though, it's only a matter of time before we have full tethering on every phone with BT 2.0, not just the Pre 3s.

Pre 3s don't have any "special" hardware. If they can tether and text from a TP, so can every phone with the same hardware. It shouldn't be long now.
    Hmm...this isn't working for me. Test message shows on my phone but not on tp. I have a gmail account and put that info in as an account in the messages app, but I am not receiving any messages here.
  3.    #43  
    Not even the initial invite?
    Nope, not even the initial invite. I got the invite on my phone, though.
  5.    #45  
    Try logging out of desksms on your phone and logging back in. Also, make sure your phone is on, it won't work with it off.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    anybody has problem with the TouchPad messaging app fail send after a while? It happened to me twice so far. Each time before problem occurs I could send and receive sms on the TP, then when the problem happens, the message will stuck with a grey shade (to show that it has not been sent out). When this happens, I goto preference and there will be an exclamations mark in triangle icon beside the google talk account.in trying to re sign in or remove the account it is not possible. Twice when this happens I have to restart the table, remove the google talk account, re add back again, then willcthe sms starts flowing I'm.

vv frustrated Burgos and it doesn't look stable although problem seems to be at TouCPad messaging p
    roblem
    I seem to have it working, but people are complaining that my texts start off with 2 square boxes and the first part of my texts are missing.
  8.    #48  
    That's odd. I haven't seen that yet. Did you set it up like outlined in the OP?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    you all realize that your text messages are travelling through someone's server right? Not saying that the author of the software would do anything evil, but surprising that no one has mentioned that...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drjrdemelo View Post
    There is a program called TalkMyPhone for Android that does the same thing, without a desktop app. It routs sms and battery notifications through a GTalk account. I'm use the Touchpad messaging app (my gtalk account in the app) to receive and send out messages through my android phone as well.

TalkMyPhone however gives you the option of sending an sms to any number in your contact book (though it has to be the number, not the name). This way, as long as the program is running on your android phone, you could initiate messages from your Touchpad using gtalk through the messaging app.
    Its now called GtalkSMS

Easiest way to set it up is to have 2 google accounts.

Steps to make this work:

1st, make sure that the 2 google accounts can chat to each other.

2nd, the quick set up doesnt work well, go into settings instead

address to notify should be your main gmail address

Click use different account

Login and password are your SECOND account.

Now, this is not as easy to use as the above solution, but a) its free b) its more secure c) it lets you do a ton of stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    you all realize that your text messages are travelling through someone's server right? Not saying that the author of the software would do anything evil, but surprising that no one has mentioned that...
    I wondered about this, too, but feel relatively safe with koush running the show.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    they should create whatsapp n everything would be settled. Everybody happy..
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    duh! Even for googlevoice method it still goes through a google server. Either you subscribe to a dedicated sms internet gateway (which still travel to somewhere), or you get such services. With koush as the developer I would vw less worriedthough.
  14.    #54  
    Thought there's be more demand for SMS on the touchpad.
    It's pretty neat to be able to do it, but people who haven't used it for that think "why would i want to do that?".
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I love this method but I'm having trouble figuring out how to easily update contacts. The TP shows the number/desksms email and then I have to manually edit the name and join contacts. I can't seem to merge contacts through gmail on the TP due to the lack of scrolling. I end up going to my desktop gmail, merging contacts, syncing with all my devices (android devices sync fine and gtalk is updated) but I still have to manually update TP contacts unless I delete my google messaging account and add it again. There must be an easier way. How do you guys handle this?
    This also works for iPhone if you're jailbroken. You have to download Notifio (App Store) and Desksms (Cydia) on your iphone and follow the same steps you'd use for android besides that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Thought there's be more demand for SMS on the touchpad.
    My guess is that most people don't want all of their private text messages routed through the worlds most notorious invader of privacy...Google.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

someone mentionned the freetether method ?
    Does it allow to send SMS via bluetooth pairing, without need for internet?

tx
    You don't need any special apps or anything with 3.0.4. I paired my Droid Pro via bluetooth to my touchpad and I get phone calls and texts to my touchpad automatically. It's pretty sweet. I've been using it since last night.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast