Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quick question to all the smart people of this great WebOS community.

Can I link mine and my wifes WebOS/HP accounts so that we only have to pay once for apps?

At this point I'm assuming I'll have to take one of our pads (my wifes) and WebOS doctor it and set it up under my account for this to work, but I was wondering if there is a work around. Also, if I set both pads up under the same HP account, will we still be able to have separate email accounts linked to the pads and so fourth? Just wondering. Thanks in advance.
    Yes, you should have just used one profile to begin with. I'm not sure what the morals are or how the developers feel about it though.

I set my daughter's TouchPad up under my existing profile, it never even crossed my mind to create another profile. Everything copied over perfectly. Once the initial setup is done, the changes to each 'Pad are separate, so you can have different email accounts etc. - you just have to delete the accounts from the second 'Pad that you don't want.
    @MobileBill23 - I am curious to know, if there are two seperate tPads listed in your Palm profile. Also, once you have deleted your email accounts from your daughter's tPad and she ahs setup her own, what happens to the palm profile backup? Are both tPads backing up succesfully and I wonder which set of email ids are linked to your profile and thus which email ids would get restored if you were to doctor or setup your profile another tPAd.?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply MobileBill23. I thought that was the case. Now onto WebOS Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    @MobileBill23 - I am curious to know, if there are two seperate tPads listed in your Palm profile. Also, once you have deleted your email accounts from your daughter's tPad and she ahs setup her own, what happens to the palm profile backup? Are both tPads backing up succesfully and I wonder which set of email ids are linked to your profile and thus which email ids would get restored if you were to doctor or setup your profile another tPAd.?
    There are separate device backups in my profile. I now have three devices listed, my Pre, my 32G TouchPad, and my daughter's 16G TouchPad. The TouchPads are listed by name. The initial setup clones an existing device, after that changes will not be synch'd from one to the other, but are backed up separately. It's not really the profile that is the backup, the profile is more like online storage for your device backups.

I would assume under this setup that if a device were to be doctored at this point, it would restore the device by the name that was assigned when the initial setup was done, and thus each device would have it's own settings restored. Fortunately I haven't had to test this.
    Thanks. This is good info. Now the only question is, will the profile allow multiple phones now. We know it did not in the past, but considering that obviously changes have been made to how the profile works, it is possible that now multiple phones may also be allowed to be on a single profile.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I understand if I have two touchpads signed up with same account I'll only need to buy an app once to be able to use it on both tabs. I've already setup both my touchpads with separate new accounts though and I don't see how to change/ remove them. Please help
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Figured out how to change profile. I went to system info in settings and deleted everything.