Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By bprushik
  • 1 Post By grandmastem
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Originally used the ESPN 3 site and it was not watchable (was so slow and video useless) but they just redid the site and their media player and it now works great with the TP. So now...I have another use for the TP. I just wanted to let people know that it now is functional with the TP.
    Titan078, wydileie and goke313 like this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    except espn3 doesn't accept my IP. stupid IP...
    Yeah, this is awesome!! Love being able to stream ESPN3, especially with college football kicking off today!!
    gamoses likes this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Was disappointed that it was so bad at first...was like using a radio....but tested it out last night...on some soccer games and aussie football and it worked great...
    Now I just need my case from cost central. (should get that tomorrow....)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    This is fantastic news!!! Can't wait to try it out this weekend. College football season is here!!!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Is this a web site? espn3.com
  7. J0E
    I only gave it about 10 min or so but i noticed I can't get above 1 bar in quality despite my fast internet connection. Is this a hardware issue and if so, will overclocking help? Does anyone get a clear picture?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Is this a web site? espn3.com
    Yes, and depending on your level of sports interest, its an amazing site for everything they have on there.
    if you have verizon, time warner, or bright house, you can stream other ESPN channels from espnnetworks.com
    ESPN3 replays work very well for me with 4 out of 5 bars on the quality scale and look great.

Unfortunately ESPN3 live events frame drop at the higher quality levels and it eventually automatically winds up on the 2 of 5 bars quality setting. It's basically so blocky that it's unwatchable.

This is on a 6 Mb/s DSL line. My PC gets 5 out of 5 bars on the quality settings on both ESPN3 live events and replays and look great.

A speedtest at speakeasy.net/speedtest from the Touchpad yields the same results as the PC. TP is on my wireless N with very good signal strength.

Hulu, CNN and a bunch of other sites work very well, it's only the live ESPN3 events I'm having an issue with.

OC @ 1.5 GHz with the logging hacks etc. And the browser hack for Hulu which identifies it as a Windows browser. I manually did the browser hack with the sed command initially posted but had the ESPN3 issue before that too (no change).

I'd be very interested in how ESPN3 is working on the TP for other folks and extremely grateful for any suggestions. I have no clue why the replay and live feed behavior is so different.
    Quote Originally Posted by anotheruser View Post
    ESPN3 replays work very well for me with 4 out of 5 bars on the quality scale and look great.

Unfortunately ESPN3 live events frame drop at the higher quality levels and it eventually automatically winds up on the 2 of 5 bars quality setting. It's basically so blocky that it's unwatchable.

This is on a 6 Mb/s DSL line. My PC gets 5 out of 5 bars on the quality settings on both ESPN3 live events and replays and look great.

A speedtest at speakeasy.net/speedtest from the Touchpad yields the same results as the PC. TP is on my wireless N with very good signal strength.

Hulu, CNN and a bunch of other sites work very well, it's only the live ESPN3 events I'm having an issue with.

OC @ 1.5 GHz with the logging hacks etc. And the browser hack for Hulu which identifies it as a Windows browser. I manually did the browser hack with the sed command initially posted but had the ESPN3 issue before that too (no change).

I'd be very interested in how ESPN3 is working on the TP for other folks and extremely grateful for any suggestions. I have no clue why the replay and live feed behavior is so different.
    Anyone able to get ESPN3 working (via login to authenticate? - AT&T)

Keeps saying that:
    "An Attempt to authenticate with a client certificate failed.
    A Valid client certificate is required to make this connection"

Will try again on my home network (AT&T) which shouldnt ask for this, but was working fine before on this network and many other requiring the login step via AT&T.