Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    My new 32 GB Touchpad system time is having issues...it is gaining time and losing time with no apparent pattern. The clock will be fine for a while, then will become fast or slow...usually by a few minutes each hour, although there sometimes seem to be 5-10 minute jumps. This occurs whether or not network time sync is enabled.

This happened with 3.0.2 and again after I reinstalled it via WebOSdoctor. The only changes I made to the TP out of the box were to disable logging and install Preware with the recommended speed/performance apps from the "Get Started" guide. The other Apps I have installed include TuneIn, Spaz, LCARS-Clock, Pandora, WordPress, Angry Birds, and CBS.

I installed the Clock Sync app and it has helped to re-sync the clock every 2 hours, but time is still gained or lost in between, or when I have no Wifi access.

Anyone else with this issue or any ideas for a better fix?

[I was also having a continual reboot/restart problem (upon startup, screen would go dark/standby after only a few seconds, then a reboot would occur, rinse, lather, repeat, until it would eventually just stay shut down) which seems to have gone away after using the doctor. The time drift issue remains, however.]
    I just posted my own thread regarding this issue, didn't see your post. I'm having this issue too. I think it has to do with the overclock, but I'm not entirely sure. I read someone used ClockSync for the Pre, but as you said there must be a better way and we can't be the only people experiencing that. I use a Touchstone charger, I don't see the point of exhibition if the clock is always wrong
    I think the problem may be cause by a slight disturbance in the space-time continuum.

Here's what you need to do:

(1) reset the internal chronometer

(2) sync with a Federation time beacon

(3) verify the results

Last edited by roundruler; 09/05/2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Tedcas likes this.
  4.    #4  
    I have not overclocked my TP, though. I do use a Touchstone charger, but have not noticed any correlation between it and the time drift issue.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    I have not overclocked my TP, though. I do use a Touchstone charger, but have not noticed any correlation between it and the time drift issue.
    so were you able to fix this issue? I'm having the same problem. Time drifts almost everyday. Clock sync does not fix it.
    Yeah I'd like to hear an update too if anyone figured it out. My touchpad has been in for repairs but my girlfriends is here, I updated hers with the same preware patches and hers has been on the dock since last night and hasn't drifted at all. I'll keep an eye on hers and when I get mine back I'll see whats up.
    Mine's been dead on for about 12 hours now, I do have NTP on at this point .. maybe it's working right now.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Anyone? Mine is still running fast with network time turned off. When I turn it back on it syncs correctly. This is a terrible issue. My girlfriend's TP is not doing this and I think we have the same preware installed (I did it for her). This is extremely frustrating
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i just noticed yesterday that i have this issue as well.
    16gb = correct time.
    32gb = behind by..about 3hrs i think.
    Thats the first time ive heard of anyone behind. *Are you sure youre not a day or two ahead? Haha

I was on for 2 whole days, then it drifted 33 minutes. *

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I'm positive it was behind (was looking at them side by side)
    strange thing though... It corrected itself today. Currently showing the correct time etc.
    I'm one minute off right now

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    my time is always off on my 32gb. the only mod i have done to it is minimize logging. It is always on, and always connected to wifi
    I docked mine like normal last night and the time didn't speed up this morning. Not really seeing anything consistent that I could blame... Hmmm
    Mine was ahead by twenty minutes yesterday (watch and pre2 were fine), but it has corrected itself today.*

Mine was 11 minutes too fast despite the TP being configured with NTP. Thanks for the heads up on Clock Sync - installed that with a daily sync. History records in the app should give a good idea of the general drift pattern.
    Mine seems to stay on time. It's a 16gb. Though by 1st gen iPad ALWAYS drifts. I wonder what it is about tablets and time...
    Quote Originally Posted by pgregg View Post
    Mine was 11 minutes too fast despite the TP being configured with NTP. Thanks for the heads up on Clock Sync - installed that with a daily sync. History records in the app should give a good idea of the general drift pattern.
    so it is almost 12 hours since I posted, and my TP is 10 minutes 35 seconds fast again.
    32gb TP.
    Mine gained 2 hours last night while I was asleep (about 9 hours). Fastest gain I've ever seen. It was not on the charger or touchstone all night, and the display was off. I don't think I've ever left it off that long before.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I would think it would sync with time servers over the internet- Are you all disconnecting from long periods of time?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast