1. Never said I had the answers for everything.
Originally Posted by C.Bledsoejr
2. I was asking all of you to check those two setting and report back if they are indeed setup properly.
3. I even hinted that this is the first step in checking for possible problems and solutions. If my first suggestion wasn't the cause, then something else was at play. I said this in the second of my posts. Not exactly claiming my solution is the only way is it?
4. I never said to turn off syncing. The point is to always have it on.
5. The time server isn't your router, it is on a non-local, external network. Checking your routers time has nothing to do with what I've asked.For example an hp server facility, or a us military time server is what could be used for time keeping.
Tell me where I said this was the only cause, and the only solution to all of your problems? Tell me where I said I have all the answers?
I used the word ignored because I posted the syncing question a month ago, and no one even hinted to checking that avenue out for the good of everyone here. Whether right or wrong, it narrows down the possible causes.
Only after my second post did I see two responses actually vaguely hit on the area of connectivity.
One said it only shows correct time when entered manually. Again, turning off sync and manually adjusting the time isn't what I am suggesting. And just because you turn it on immediately afterwards does not mean it is syncing with a server.
The other person said they didn't think this was a problem with promexity to wifi, because it is always at home near their wifi access point. Again, this has nothing to do with what I asked for everyone to check.
Yss and thank you, but...
Originally Posted by eblade
That is only one of the options I asked for those troubled with this problem to check. The other being if the tablet is setup to stay connected to the internet after it is in standby.
Here is a third thing for others to check now, since some see a correlation with the touchstone. Try to replicate the problem with out the touchstone, but instead using the usb charging adapter plugged into the tablet.
One more thing, has anyone spoken with hp tech support and heard what they have to say?