Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By necij
  1. helio2k's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi you all TouchPad fans,

    my question is:

    Is there any way to choose different application ex:LCARS Clock to launch as default in Exhibition mode?

    Thank You.
  2. Winman42's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yes, I was just going to post the same question. When I go to "exhibition" mode I see plenty of apps that work, but how do I choose one to be set as default. Currently it only seems to access the CLOCK.

    thanks,

    Win
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winman42 View Post
    Yes, I was just going to post the same question. When I go to "exhibition" mode I see plenty of apps that work, but how do I choose one to be set as default. Currently it only seems to access the CLOCK.

    thanks,

    Win
    When the Touchpad is in Exhibition mode, you can tap the top left corner. A dropdown list will appear and you can select the app you want from that list. If the app you want is not on that list, you can open the launcher, go to the Settings tab, then tap Exhibition and check all the apps you are interested in using in Exhibition mode. Hope that helps
    bevcraw likes this.
  4. #4  
    Have you guys found any other clocks that look great in Exhibition? LCARS is nice but I am not a big Star Trek fan
  5. #5  
    i use the SPL Meter that I found on the app store the other day .. has a nice clock, and tells me how loud my girlfriend is snoring.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6. #6  
    I like the LCARS clock in Exhibition Mode, but I fear that if I use it too much, it'll burn in on the display. Is this something I should worry about? Is there a way to dim the brightness to minimize the impact on the display while in Exhibition Mode?

    Thanks
  7. #7  
    Well I would like a way to have something other than time as default. Very annoying to me that this is not possible
  8. #8  
    As far as I can make out the default exhibition mode still cannot be set and has not been addressed with any of the updates. This is a shame as I have set my parents touchpad to act like a digital photo frame when in exhibition mode using Slide RSS. However they have to select Slide RSS every time which is far from ideal.

    Judging by this
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...xhibition.html
    you should be able to re-order the list of exhibition apps but this has not been implemented in the GUI. I assume that this works on WebOS phones?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by necij View Post
    When the Touchpad is in Exhibition mode, you can tap the top left corner. A dropdown list will appear and you can select the app you want from that list. If the app you want is not on that list, you can open the launcher, go to the Settings tab, then tap Exhibition and check all the apps you are interested in using in Exhibition mode. Hope that helps
    That is all you have to do. While your Touchpad is on the dock, what ever exhibition mode you select will become the default for THAT touchstone.
  10. #10  
    Some apps break the function that saves it as default.

    These I know to save properly:

    Time, Photos, Agenda, Facebook, AccuWeather, Hacks!, TrendStalker, Matrix Exhibition, St4rs, Glimpse, Weather Dashboard HD, splMeter, Govnah, webOnEx, Starfield, Just Exhibition, Gradeitn Clock, AgendaZ

    Things I know do not:

    Flickr Mundo HD, XO (beta)

    It seems, that any app that does not specifically open a special window for Exhibition mode versus regular mode, will fail at having their app set by default.

    LCARS is glitchy as hell, for the same reason, I think.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  11. #11  
    Very cool. Didn't realize it was "Touchstone-specific". Have 2 chargers and the TP remembers the default Exhibition mode for each...Thanks!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
    As far as I can make out the default exhibition mode still cannot be set and has not been addressed with any of the updates. This is a shame as I have set my parents touchpad to act like a digital photo frame when in exhibition mode using Slide RSS. However they have to select Slide RSS every time which is far from ideal.

    Judging by this
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...xhibition.html
    you should be able to re-order the list of exhibition apps but this has not been implemented in the GUI. I assume that this works on WebOS phones?
    Exhibition on the phones is less featured than on the TouchPad. It can neither remember a default app to run (which isn't entirely reliable on the TouchPads either), nor can it detect and change into landscape orientation. Exhibition on phones is strictly portrait orientation.

    If you want to re-order the items that show up on the Exhibition dropdown list, it's possible (except that the Time app is always the top-most item). Go to the Exhibition Preferences app, disable everything, then enable the app you'd like to see first, then tap the "Start Exhibition" button. Then exit Exhibition, enable the app you'd like to see second in the list, then tap the "Start Exhibition" button again. Repeat this cycle until you have the list in the order you'd like. Each time you "Start Exhibition", it adds any newly enabled apps to the bottom of its dropdown list.

    If you want the list of apps to be in the complete reverse of the order that you see them in the Exhibition Preferences app, then you have to enable them one at a time and start Exhibition in between each app that you enable. If the next set of apps you want to add are already in that order in the Exhibition Preferences app, you can enable them all at the same time.

    Oh, and I agree that having Slide RSS is a great choice!
  13. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #13  
    SlideRSS and Glimpse work fine for me (the two I use). I can set either one as the Exhibition Mode default app for the Touchstone dock, and it sticks.
  14. dbodner's Avatar
    Posts
    177 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #14  
    Have very few problems with exhibition mode myself. Set it to run webonEX at my desk at work, which is displaying my google calendar. Then have it set to run slide rss at home as a digital photo frame. Both apps remember the default for the touchstone and just work.

    I wish it worked as flawlessly on my pre 3, however.

Posting Permissions