Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BayAreaTreo
  • 1 Post By Alec
  1.    #1  
    So I just received this today:

HP Labor Day sale email on Twitpic
    4G Touchpad coming soon on Twitpic
    website on Twitpic

Seems odd for a product that is discontinued to be still in a holiday email/web add. I could understand a print add maybe....
    I agree this is odd. The product manager(s) could have easily pulled all of these advertisements since they are web based. Honestly I think the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I wouldn't be surprised if internally to HP the TouchPad communications are in complete chaos. I feel bad for the grunts because they have such poor senior leadership giving them little to no direction except for John Rubenstein who is been obviously pushed to the side.
    Tikkanen likes this.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    It seems hp is not sure what it wants to do, I don't think hp was expecting this kind of frenzy when they decided to fire sale the TP, my opinion is hp might try to see how the a 4g TPad sells at a higher price point and see where they go from there, plus I read on another post that hp has over 100,000+ components sitting around from the now defunct 7" touchpad go that they have deal with
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdamrican View Post
    So I just received this today:

HP Labor Day sale email on Twitpic
    4G Touchpad coming soon on Twitpic
    website on Twitpic

Seems odd for a product that is discontinued to be still in a holiday email/web add. I could understand a print add maybe....
    I asked my At&t store about HP Palm and they said they have 0 and will have 0 At&t dropped all HP products

this is per my store so I dunno?
    Unless it's between $200-275 that 4G isn't going anywhere just like the current TouchPads and their (original) ridiculous price.
    Premium1 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by waiting4_OTA View Post
    It seems hp is not sure what it wants to do, I don't think hp was expecting this kind of frenzy when they decided to fire sale the TP, my opinion is hp might try to see how the a 4g TPad sells at a higher price point and see where they go from there, plus I read on another post that hp has over 100,000+ components sitting around from the now defunct 7" touchpad go that they have deal with
    Only reason of this kind of frenzy is because of the price. If Samsung put their Galaxy tab on $100, city has to put police to guard these people since they will hurt each. If Apple try to put their ipad on $100, government probably try to stop Apple because you will see the gun fight front of the store.
  7.    #7  
    The advert has been changed... since it's a "live" html email, they changed it.... one of the other tabs is now a bit longer...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Only reason of this kind of frenzy is because of the price. If Samsung put their Galaxy tab on $100, city has to put police to guard these people since they will hurt each. If Apple try to put their ipad on $100, government probably try to stop Apple because you will see the gun fight front of the store.

LMAO! so true.. i would be one going nuts !
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I doubt it. Though the whole firesale thing might have raised second thoughts for the upper management.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    No they havent changed their minds. There is no margin in the harware business to profitably compete. They are done with it. But they do have production contracts with factories that build their stuff. And this was not forseen. So they are building to use up the parts they already got, and to come to mutual end to contracts already signed. Most likely this new build order is coupled with other future contract promisses and maybe even contract rebates to get out of the current contracts. The HP touchpad is history. But they will licence out webOS so others will build devices. Its unknown if future webOS enhancements will be ported to work on these touchpads. Its just too bad they are dumping these pads in revision one. Historically the buggiest revisions of all and with no expansion slot. May end up being the most worthless tablet ever produced.
    I think they expected the HP to sell quickly at that price. The might not have expected them to be selling on eBay for about a hundred less then what an Android tablet would cost though.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    There is no margin in the harware business to profitably compete.
    Try to tell that to Apple.
    HP needs to make desirable hardware first before saying there is no margin in hardware business. That to me is incompetent.