Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By donniewb420
  1.    #1  
    Hey all, recently a new recipient of a 32GB touchpad. This forum was very helpful in regards to preware/ patched and tweaks to install etc. Love the TP, havent had an issue with it yet (knock on wood). One question I did have, and I apologize if its been asked before. If and when HP comes out with a new firmware version, do folks who have preware apps and patches installed have to wait for them to be updated before moving to the new firmware? Would installing the new firmware alter or disable the patches installed? Mess up the TP?

Thanks in advance!
    Dis likes this.
    For homebrew packages (installed by WOSQI or Preware), it depend on what they are, in terms of OTA updates. Apps, services, and patches won't need to be uninstalled. Kernels, and themes will need to be uninstalled prior to an OTA update.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For homebrew packages (installed by WOSQI or Preware), it depend on what they are, in terms of OTA updates. Apps, services, and patches won't need to be uninstalled. Kernels, and themes will need to be uninstalled prior to an OTA update.
    Thanks for the quick reply Jason.