Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Drone View Post
    I think I might have a faulty battery.

I've done a few tests and they don't bode well. According to reviews of the HP Touchpad I should be getting at least 8.5 hours of battery life out of the tablet while playing video, but I'm not getting that. Not even close.

I've dabbled in oc'ing (uberkernel @ 1.5) but returned to standard kernel because the OC seemed to drain the battery even more.

Following figures are all at about 35% brightness and only WiFi enabled. Also I seem to lose about .5% at night. Thanks in advance for your help and advise. According to Dr battery I have a 5647 battery at 95% health.

Just normal web browsing:
    21:12 74%
    22:12 60% 14
    23:19 42% 18
    00:12 30% 12
    01:12 16% 14

4h = 58% at about 14% per hour for a battery life of a little over 6 hours.

with Dr battery numbers:
    14:27 100% 5107
    16:24 91% 4348 (1 hour standby)

This was a 10hr YouTube vid.
    16:46 -> 18:53 (2h17) 54% 2627 fs 10h YouTube vid (480p) cost: 37%

According to that I should at most get a 5 hour video playback, miles from the 8 hours mentioned in reviews.

Anyone know if this is a software issue or a hardware issue?
    For the tests I've mentioned I have actually had my screen brightness down as low as it will go (I've only been using the Touchpad at home)... That I think is the reason why I get the use I do out of it.
    Also I seem to lose about .5% at night.

Wonder why mine drains .5-1% per hour while it is sleeping. Sometimes considerably more, once it drained 18% overnight. Something is going on. Maybe time to Web Doctor it?
    are there different versions of the tp that come from smb vs. consumer side? i bought a 16gb from smb and received the 454 model. might be an interesting variable to look into. maybe the smb models have the longer battery from business purposes.

just a thought....
    So I take it that about 6 hours of web browsing or 6 hours or about 5 hours of youtube video viewing is not normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    Also I seem to lose about .5% at night.

Wonder why mine drains .5-1% per hour while it is sleeping. Sometimes considerably more, once it drained 18% overnight. Something is going on. Maybe time to Web Doctor it?
    Did you Web Doctor the Touchpad after all and have you noticed any kind of difference? I'm going to try to pay closer attention to mine when I charge it next (I started keeping a log with this charge but not nearly as detailed as before), and noticed a few strange things in terms of the battery that weren't happening before (I've only charged the Touchpad 4 or 5 times now but haven't been using it too much).
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkinsDesigns View Post
    Did you Web Doctor the Touchpad after all and have you noticed any kind of difference? I'm going to try to pay closer attention to mine when I charge it next (I started keeping a log with this charge but not nearly as detailed as before), and noticed a few strange things in terms of the battery that weren't happening before (I've only charged the Touchpad 4 or 5 times now but haven't been using it too much).
    Keep us updated on what you come up with. I'm pretty obsessed with my battery life too so any hints on apps or patches causing excessive drain would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence11 View Post
    Keep us updated on what you come up with. I'm pretty obsessed with my battery life too so any hints on apps or patches causing excessive drain would be great.
    Will do... I've only installed 2 things on the Touchpad so far. The first was the webOS update that was available and the other thing was the pReader program with about 7 or 8 books loaded into it (Although I have many more on the Touchpad itself). I have recently started using the Bluetooth on it though so I guess it does have the HP Keyboard Driver loaded in but when not using it I actually have it turned off.

Tempted to play around with the Kernels and stop the background logging, etc but in all honesty I find the Touchpad runs fine for typical tasks (web browsing mostly although sometimes some sites to get stuck).
    I have 2 32GB TPs

My old one, which I'm replacing because of the cracked speaker:
    Maufacturer 6612, Calculated 6281, 95% health. Doesn't charge over 5500 or so.

My new one, through advanced replacement:
    manufacturer 6011, Calculated 5891. 99% health. Doens't charge over 4980 or so.

I seem to have a capacity and a battery not present on other units...and this has got me confused.

What should I do? Keep the old cracked one and take my chances? Or bite the bullet and keep the new one?
    Last edited by felixdd; 10/07/2011 at 05:58 AM.
    Somline , my findings are unusual because I do have a 6281 Mah battery. 95% max load. I maxed it out to 5611 Mah but took overnight charge plus. I fully drained battery until shutoff then I began to charge it. Actually I noticed it would not go any higher then 5611 Mah before it started to drain.
    So I use about 14% per hour battery life when surfing the web on this site with the brightness at about 40% is this normal?
  11. pml
    Are you running an overclocking kernal? Govnah? I tried all that Uberkernal whatever and Govnah. I DO NOT TRUST THEM! It seems to me that these mods will suddenly run your processors at full speed for no reason. I think it was all programmed by some cut and paste hack. Very unstable, heavy battery drain when nothing running etc... What our community needs are good reliable coders. Right now all we have under paid college, high school and baby coders doing this in their spare time. Garbage coding if you ask me. Sorry, but same goes for especially for cyanogen mod or whatever their called. With all the phones they work on, 95 percent of the ROMS are buggy garbage. Even the quote "STABLE" releases they too are loaded with bugs. Nightlies? Are you kidding me? A perpetual clusterfnck of fixing bugs!! What a mess!!

If your going to code, study from the masters, test THOROUGHLY before releasing!!

I do not code, nor do I pretend to. I'm just a consumer. Sure, you say, what do you want for free? My answer is simple. Don't do it if you can't spend the time to do it right. I will say however, their are many good coders who are dedicated, produce stable code, we need all of them to be that way. Remember, your making something that thousands of people will install and use. Yes its free, but don't give us garbage.
    I'm not a programmer as well, but when I grew up, my parents taught me not to accuse people or to state things unless I have a proof or at least strong evidence.

I am running uberKernel, Govnah and plenty of other performance patches and my TP is rock-stable with more than satisfying battery life. I'm so satisfied, that I even did't feel the need for Dr.Battery up to now.

This statement is for encouraging people to trust in our community devs. They're the only ones we have. I appreciate their work and their code sharing!
    sara.ramli likes this.
    dear friends, actually I wanted to create a new post but I could not find the way to create a new post in the forum pls excuse me for that....I also hav some issues with my touchpad battery I got it from ebay last Friday (32gb model) I cn noticed that I cn run my TP with fully charged battery for like nearly 5 to 6 hours browsing and time to time videos on you tube...few minutes ago I hav downloaded dr.battery and test it..it shows
    battery health is 95%
    manufacturing rating 6612mah
    calculated left 6281mah

pls. Cn somebody pls tell me what shall I do to increase my battery power, as people say they cn run it for 8 hours with fully video looping..I am bit confused here as I am new to webOS and touchpads...but I have installed preware and some patches on it...only patches not overclocking or other stuff
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by murshid11 View Post
    battery health is 95%
    manufacturing rating 6612mah
    calculated left 6281mah
    Sorry I missed your post. As you have read in my first post, this is exactly what it should be.
    This thread is about readings of Dr.Battery.
    If you are not satisfied with the runtime please search for one of the many threads about battery runtime.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I don't know yet what the webOS test of the battery is doing. I think it just reads the health.
    So quoting my own post:
    Yes thats exactly what they do. I found it in the sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Drone View Post
    I think I might have a faulty battery.

I've done a few tests and they don't bode well. According to reviews of the HP Touchpad I should be getting at least 8.5 hours of battery life out of the tablet while playing video, but I'm not getting that. Not even close.

I've dabbled in oc'ing (uberkernel @ 1.5) but returned to standard kernel because the OC seemed to drain the battery even more.

Following figures are all at about 35% brightness and only WiFi enabled. Also I seem to lose about .5% at night. Thanks in advance for your help and advise. According to Dr battery I have a 5647 battery at 95% health.

Just normal web browsing:
    21:12 74%
    22:12 60% 14
    23:19 42% 18
    00:12 30% 12
    01:12 16% 14

4h = 58% at about 14% per hour for a battery life of a little over 6 hours.

with Dr battery numbers:
    14:27 100% 5107
    16:24 91% 4348 (1 hour standby)

This was a 10hr YouTube vid.
    16:46 -> 18:53 (2h17) 54% 2627 fs 10h YouTube vid (480p) cost: 37%

According to that I should at most get a 5 hour video playback, miles from the 8 hours mentioned in reviews.

Anyone know if this is a software issue or a hardware issue?
    Not bad, considering you also had continually wifi transmitting data.
    I bet that playing a movie straight from the media partition would give you a couple of hours more, also you need to see which codec will use less CPU time, avi versus something else.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234