Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    What should I do?

    I used webosdoctor to reset my touchpad, but now the touchscreen doesn't work?

    Any advice?

    Thank you!!
  2. #2  
    so whats not working now? is the device frozen etc?
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
  3.    #3  
    the device turns on, and comes up to the language select screen. However, the touchpad doesn't respond to any kind of touch from my hands. The buttons however still work.
  4. #4  
    Did you ever get this working? I have the exact same problem!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by opticalserenity View Post
    Did you ever get this working? I have the exact same problem!
    I thought you were sending your TP in to HP? What's the deal with your other "rant" thread?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    I thought you were sending your TP in to HP? What's the deal with your other "rant" thread?
    Not if I can fix it. After spending all this time on the phone with the so-called Butler service I have zero confidence.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by opticalserenity View Post
    Not if I can fix it. After spending all this time on the phone with the so-called Butler service I have zero confidence.
    bwuahahaha! So, you hate it, but you're keepin' it...nice!
  8. #8  
    I have the same issue. This will be my fourth time sending in the TouchPad to HP for the touchscreen not working.

    I have 3 TouchPads, one is flawless, one had to be sent in for half the screen not working, and this one has been back to HP for repair 3 times. And after a day, touchscreen stopped working.

    Now HP says they will call me back with level 3 support. WTH, just send me a new working one instead of trying to fix this broken one.
  9. brum's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #9  
    Mine just stopped working after 4 months of service...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeWks7XYmww[/YT]
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Mine just stopped working after 4 months of service...
    This is EXACTLY what mine doing, how did you get yours fixed!???
  11. #11  
    does anyone know a fix for this? Mine just stopped working
  12. #12  
    Hmm.. If it is not a power issue, maybe *TRY* an earlier version of it's webOSDoctor?
    If there is a glitch with the present Touchpanel Drivers, this 'may' help clear it?
    Ensure first that the battery is fully charged.


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    does anyone know a fix for this? Mine just stopped working
    Depends on what is wrong with the touchscreen...

    Is it the TouchSensor Chips Flash (corrupted PmTPUpdater)?
    Is it the TouchSensor Mesh (Grid that picks up your touches on screen, they call this the digitizer)?
    Is it the TouchSensor BIG cable (a very small cable with a lot of traces ~80 or so, that connects the digitizer to the TouchSensor Chips)?
    Is it the TouchSensor small cable (a very small cable with a few traces connecting the TouchPanel Chips Flash bpard to the main board of the touchpad)?

    Wow lots of things to check...

    Most I have heard was a bad TouchPanel Flash via the doctor? and the BIG/SMALL ribbon cable need to be re-seated, very rare to have a cracked/damaged digitizer but it could happen.
    Remy X likes this.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Depends on what is wrong with the touchscreen...

    Is it the TouchSensor Chips Flash (corrupted PmTPUpdater)?
    Is it the TouchSensor Mesh (Grid that picks up your touches on screen, they call this the digitizer)?
    Is it the TouchSensor BIG cable (a very small cable with a lot of traces ~80 or so, that connects the digitizer to the TouchSensor Chips)?
    Is it the TouchSensor small cable (a very small cable with a few traces connecting the TouchPanel Chips Flash bpard to the main board of the touchpad)?

    Wow lots of things to check...

    Most I have heard was a bad TouchPanel Flash via the doctor? and the BIG/SMALL ribbon cable need to be re-seated, very rare to have a cracked/damaged digitizer but it could happen.

    So many options to check! - One could even play swapping hardware from one machine to another to try to pinpoint such faults in 12 or 40 pin connectors etc - And may even finally have to do some hardware micro-soldering!
    But, probably good to try to keep it 'simple' to start with.
    Surely a logged 're-doctoring' could give one an initial indication of such faults - disasterous or otherwiswe?

    ~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 07/16/2013 at 05:08 PM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.

Posting Permissions