1.    #1  
    Hi first time poster looking for some help. I share my TP with my family and I'm looking for a way to have separate private email accounts using the email app. We can add email accounts under my webos account but now everyone's email are visible to everyone. Is there a way to logout of my email and make it so you have to input a password in order to see your email using the app. Using the internet and logging in from there is an alternative but nobody wants to have to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Also, what's with the random question you have to answer for using the forum search tool. Is it really necessary? So I got a couple wrong big whoop :-P

Q: what's the color of snow[clean]? Rofl
    Hi! I asked the same thing, but it is not a possibility, unfortunately.

I think this is a bad idea, just for security purposes. What is so hard about giving the user the option of signing in to access the email inbox?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response Sherill. I fully agree. The lack of this feature is pretty ridiculous. This may just prevent me from using the built in email entirely... :-(
    I am not putting my email on the tablet. This is really a drawback. I don't know why there is no option to enter a password before accessing one's inbox.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    You are family, just don't include "all inboxes" and "all flagged" in the preferences, then tell your family members to leave your unexpanded email alone. You should be able to trust family, right?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    No offence mean't to anyone, but seriously are we not stretching the complains a wee bit here. It's obvious that no one product can ever meet the needs of everyone, but even then we seem to finding fault where there is none. The webOS and the Touchpad are designed for their synergy abilities and what you are suggesting would make that feature totally unworkable. A mobile product, be it a phone or a tablet, is designed to be a single person product. But even then, the option to use the browser for emails is always there. In fact, even on desktops and laptops, email clients have the same functionality and they all require you to setup your email accounts with id & passwords. You use the browser on the PC to keep your emails private on a shared PC and which is exactly what you can and ought to be doing on the TouchPad.

PS: I realize that on the PC there is an option to have multiple user accounts. But then that is an altogether different level of functionality and one which I seriously doubt any of the tablet OSes have now, or will have in the future.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #7  
    Aww Sanjay what a buzzkill. Lol jk. I agree that not everyone is going to be completely happy with everything about the TP. I really do find it odd that there is no locking/password feature integrated into the TP. It really would be nice and comforting knowing that if someone got a hold of my TP that all my personal information wasn't at their fingertips. Cellphones also have a password locking ability on them which I ALWAYS use. I understand synergy is emphasized on the TP but why not make it so you can logout of ones webOs and login to multiple webOS accounts for different users. The way the TP is setup now its realy only customizeable and meant to be used my a single user.
    can the ipad or various android tablets do this?
  9.    #9  
    I retract my statement about the TP not being able to password lock because you can. A good feature indeed :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    No offence mean't to anyone, but seriously are we not stretching the complains a wee bit here. It's obvious that no one product can ever meet the needs of everyone, but even then we seem to finding fault where there is none. The webOS and the Touchpad are designed for their synergy abilities and what you are suggesting would make that feature totally unworkable. A mobile product, be it a phone or a tablet, is designed to be a single person product. But even then, the option to use the browser for emails is always there. In fact, even on desktops and laptops, email clients have the same functionality and they all require you to setup your email accounts with id & passwords. You use the browser on the PC to keep your emails private on a shared PC and which is exactly what you can and ought to be doing on the TouchPad.

PS: I realize that on the PC there is an option to have multiple user accounts. But then that is an altogether different level of functionality and one which I seriously doubt any of the tablet OSes have now, or will have in the future.
    Here's the problem: Gmail web does not work well, if at all, with the TP browser. Certainly the full website will not scroll, so some people have had some luck using mobile views. There is a Gmail app available for the iPad called iMailG that allows one to use a password (4 digit) if you want, and provides a good view of Gmail including threaded conversations. This would provide exactly what was asked about, if you use Gmail. But I don't expect to see it ported to Touchpad unless we approach the developers.

iMailG HD - Gmail and Apps for iPad V1.3.0 ipa. All iphone, ipad, ipod touch apps, games for download
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    There is a similar discussion here that may provide additional info http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3042306
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47