Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mosdl
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I just see this post from a Chinese webso forum (提示信息 - 煮机网). One guy claims he gets a 4G LTE version Touchpad and post some pictures. One picture reveals that it comes with webos 3.0.4 with better localization, i.e. Chinese Rom, input method, map service and native apps. Not sure if it is just PS or the real.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    interesting...
    pc world had a confirmation that an update was coming at some point, don't know when or what's involved. So we shall have to see.
    I dont believe it personally but I could be wrong.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    pc world had a confirmation that an update was coming at some point, don't know when or what's involved. So we shall have to see.
    I seem to recall that there were at least two updates mentioned as forthcoming.

One was more or less considered an update to 3.0.2, resolving a few unfinished issues... and then a bigger update following.

Didn't someone mention getting a TP with 3.0.3 on it, already?
    yes,i just see too!it is very nice if it is true。i hope that chinese input coming soon!
    we are still going to get updates so I'm sure we will see many in the future.

but I never heard of 3.0.3 thou.

Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    I seem to recall that there were at least two updates mentioned as forthcoming.

One was more or less considered an update to 3.0.2, resolving a few unfinished issues... and then a bigger update following.

Didn't someone mention getting a TP with 3.0.3 on it, already?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    we are still going to get updates so I'm sure we will see many in the future.

but I never heard of 3.0.3 thou.
    There was a thread here a short while back where someone was trying to install Preware but was having troubles:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...n-3-0-3-a.html
    Im alright with My touchPad. I like it.slow or fast.. And a REAL HP UPDATE would be exactly what the TP Needs! Android Is on My Mind FOr the touchpad..Just waiting...and waiting,, ive donated if it helps..LOL. But really. Im skeptical about Making my TP run android...May be Buggy.Slow...Stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zhangjuneric View Post
    Hi guys, I just see this post from a Chinese webso forum (提示信息 - 煮机网). One guy claims he gets a 4G LTE version Touchpad and post some pictures. One picture reveals that it comes with webos 3.0.4 with better localization, i.e. Chinese Rom, input method, map service and native apps. Not sure if it is just PS or the real.
    LTE Touchpad, must be a version of the TP GO.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don抰 necessarily represent AT&T抯 positions, strategies or opinions.
    We got 3.0.3 on the dev touchpads at work.
    Screens? I looked thru that thread a little bit but all I saw was chinese text

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordn View Post
    yes,i just see too!it is very nice if it is true。i hope that chinese input coming soon!
    We already have Chinese input for 3.0.2. Search this forum for Baidu IME. Even has, though slightly incomplete, Traditional and Simplified localisations.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    We got 3.0.3 on the dev touchpads at work.
    *cough* NDA *cough*
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Nice (not even nice) PhotoShop.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Was not 3.0.3 already released, but only to support Asian languages factors?
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    shrug, could easily be legit. Plenty of people pointing to pirated .4's around here lately.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    3.0.4 is knocking about in the wild, before HP shut down the hole, if you got the leaked 3.0.3 on your device, it would offer an OTA update to 3.0.4 - a number of people here have used it (and a number are still on 3.0.3).

The android boys are currently looking at the 3.0.4 Kernel to try and help them with HDMI out.
    Last edited by CGK; 10/10/2011 at 06:25 AM.