Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    indeed! Congrats do you think there is anymore out there?
    watch it becomes as rare as the palm foleo :P
    -------------------
    They can take away a webOS device from being released on Sprint...but I will never lose my love for webOS!!!...GO TOUCHPAD!!!!

Palm Pre - > HTC Hero - > HTC Evo 4g - > iPhone 5(soon)
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Why offer something? Wasn't there just a price on it? Was a bidding war going on or something?
    There was a price set. I knew the seller probably had several other emails to review, all wanting to buy it from him at his asking price. I made him an offer well above his asking price to increase my odds. Sure enough it worked. He did say there were others wanting to come pick it up from him immediately. I was able to get him to drive to the fed ex hub and ship it to me instead.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    where did he get it?
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    There was a price set. I knew the seller probably had several other emails to review, all wanting to buy it from him at his asking price. I made him an offer well above his asking price to increase my odds. Sure enough it worked. He did say there were others wanting to come pick it up from him immediately. I was able to get him to drive to the fed ex hub and ship it to me instead.
    Nice job. He probably didn't even know what he had.
    Nice find/purchase!

what's next on your list to find? Bigfoot? hahaha!

I'm jealous!
    retroblu likes this.
    I suspect this is the one I was looking at, but couldn't snag because I was out of town. If so, it is an engineering prototype given to a former HP employee for test purposes. The person selling it purchased it from that employee. I believe the "4G" model contains the MSM8260 processor.
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    I suspect this is the one I was looking at, but couldn't snag because I was out of town. If so, it is an engineering prototype given to a former HP employee for test purposes. The person selling it purchased it from that employee. I believe the "4G" model contains the MSM8260 processor.
    hold on a tick...so how does HP handle their engineering samples then?

I get cpu engineering samples from intel and they serial number them to track if anyone tries to sell them. Does HP not require people to sign a document to block people from doing this like intel had me do????
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    hold on a tick...so how does HP handle their engineering samples then?

I get cpu engineering samples from intel and they serial number them to track if anyone tries to sell them. Does HP not require people to sign a document to block people from doing this like intel had me do????
    Might be a different story what with the touchpad given the boot, and what not.
    Hard to tell. I have a screen capture similar to the one Barry posted, but with the MAC addresses. To me, the E4 tag associated with Hardware Version indicates build 5. Build 0 is usually alpha or pre-alpha hardware. This is probably close to released hardware. In the Craigslist posting, the guy selling it said it has webOS 3.03.
    Dan Donovan
    Hey Barry, you should have this baby by now. Any comments?
    Dan Donovan
    Will att def offer service?
    Quote Originally Posted by natepre509 View Post
    just so you know I'm not crazy my IP is 24.143.232.86 MAC address is 00:00:24:cd:81:e9 (for my gateway) - which is an OpenBSD firewall. internal network is 10.10.10.0/24 and 10.11.10.0/24 (wifi only).
    Hmm, your IP address puts you in San Bruno, CA. That mac address though is registered to a company in Denmark. I suppose its entirely possible that you're using a NIC from Denmark instead of the standard built-in Broadcom or Intel. I'll refrain from actually running a Portmap on your IP address for the sake of security.

I hope no offense is taken as none was intended. Just demonstrating what can be gleaned from seemingly innocuous info.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12