Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jjdarling
  1.    #1  
    If you were eligible for this promo code but haven't received it yet, I am now of the opinion that the $50 App Catalog Promo Code/Credit (The Official HP Palm Blog: 100 more reasons to love the HP TouchPad) will never happen. It is lost in "internal HP incompetency".

I have chatted or talked with HP SEVEN times over the past 3 weeks about this. The same response every time - confusion on HPs part, "the issue is with engineering", "be patient", etc.

Sucks. Month 1 Pre adopter. Day 1 TouchPad adopter. $600 Touchpad (Walmart, who doesn't price match the firesale). No $50 mail-in rebate yet. No $50 App Catalog Promo Code. Nice treatment HP of longtime loyal customers.
    day 1 pre and day 1 touchpad adopter here. I am in the same boat with you on the rebate and with Wal-Mart, however I received the $50 app code.
    You should definitely try to get the Walmart price match. It worked for me yesterday, and for at least a few other people: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...s-walmart.html

HPs incompetence is inexcusable, but you should really try to get the price match to soften the blow.
    sorli likes this.
    Yes I wasn't too happy with HP either! I was also a July 1st buyer from Best Buy, then HP lowers the prices and offers $50 rebate to TP buyers who bought previous webOS devices, and a $50 Promo Code for the App Catalog.

Weeks went buy, I emailed in my receipts, and never got anything!!!! No $50 rebate, no $50 Promo Code, no nothing!

Actually, it still gets under my skin, but I'm kinda over it now since I'm not the only one who was screwed by this so called bonus offers. Either way, my original TP 32gb for $639 went back to Best Buy for a full refund and my wife and I picked up Two (2) HP TP 32gb units on fire-sale down in Daytona Beach Florida for just over $300.

I'll take the Fire-Sale discount any day...hands down, but HP needs to think about what they are doing and start standing behind what they say and keep their promises!

Also note, getting the Fire-sale deals was not easy at all (3-hour drive, spend the night, 2 hours in line with 50 other people, and thankfully scored two units), but it was well worth it. If you like your TP and don't want to risk losing it and not getting a replacement, you should keep it. The two weeks of search for our replacement was pretty bad!

Either way, with the $300 savings...I'll buy my own apps no thanks to HP! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i'm in the same situation....multiple chat sessions, called hp phone support....they said well its been upgraded to high priority they will contact you soon. never contacted...still no $50 credit.....i'm gonna keep at it though

this just reaffirms HP idiocy to me
    Don't want to point out the obvious, but have you guys logged into your webOS profile? I also struggled with HP support and wasn't getting anywhere, until I actually read the PreCentral's post on the story, where it says you need to check your webOS profile for the credit and its promo code.

<<mod delete>>

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

By the way, the code was still valid even after I returned my launch-date TouchPad (and subsequently got another one @ $99).
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/01/2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: language
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I have called HP 5 times. They keep stringing me along. Last week they said "Next week for sure!". I keep checking both my email as well as HP/Palm Profile at least twice a day.

I actually bought 2 TouchPads, but only activated one immediately (the other was a gift and was activated AFTER the promo period.) The one I activated immediately got the $50 app catalog credit. The other did not, however, it should not matter when it was activated but rather when it was bought. So they apparently used the activation date as opposed to the sales date to determine which devices get credit.

They asked me to fax them the sales receipt, and they confirmed my eligibility on 8/22. Still waiting for the credit. My App Catalog is not working, nor my backup app. Good sign? (fingers crossed)

September 8th Update: 1 of my 2 touchpad rebates is now showing up online :-)

Last edited by rlopin; 09/08/2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Don't want to point out the obvious, but have you guys logged into your webOS profile? I also struggled with HP support and wasn't getting anywhere, until I actually read the PreCentral's post on the story, where it says you need to check your webOS profile for the credit and its promo code.

<<mod delete>>

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

By the way, the code was still valid even after I returned my launch-date TouchPad (and subsequently got another one @ $99).
    Yep, not there. Hardbeatz put me on the list over a week ago.