Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jewjenk
  1.    #1  
    So I got my Touchpad lastweek and on the second day itself, it got a blue screen "not like windows BSOD" but it just got a blank blue screen with no response from the touch screen. All I could do was restart it using Start and center button combo. I also doctored it using webos doctor. But nothing could fix the Blue Screen. The TP would not even able to charge and finally turned off after 4.5 hours of constant blue screen.
    I contacted HP, received a box to send it in for repairs. Too bad the hardware is flaky I kind of liked the WebOS. Any one else having such blue screen issues?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    What was the outcome? Was HP able to repair it and send it back to you? I think I have the same issue and will have to do this too
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    im sure he doesnt have any info about what HP is doing yet with it. But these are the first two cases I have heard about this blue screen. Please do let us know what comes of it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I booted my new touchpad up..didnt have wifi to complete the setup so I turned it off then a few hours later when I went to turn it on I was stuck in this blue screen...any tricks for a factory reset maybe?

With it being discontinued how much support/repair can they do? I hope it can be repaired...
    Quote Originally Posted by dilz142 View Post
    I booted my new touchpad up..didnt have wifi to complete the setup so I turned it off then a few hours later when I went to turn it on I was stuck in this blue screen...any tricks for a factory reset maybe?

With it being discontinued how much support/repair can they do? I hope it can be repaired...
    HP in its letter said they would support the hardware as far as repair and warranty is concerned. You should contact HP...
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    um I sent my touchpad in because it was bricked a week ago and got a new one back in 4 days at my door from the day I sent it off so ya the op probably just never came back with results cuz he is chilling playing with his new touchpad.. Don't worry you HP will take care of you with their warranty that's for sure. Just because they discontinued the touchpad does not mean they're abandoning their obligations.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardikmodi View Post
    So I got my Touchpad lastweek and on the second day itself, it got a blue screen "not like windows BSOD" but it just got a blank blue screen with no response from the touch screen. All I could do was restart it using Start and center button combo. I also doctored it using webos doctor. But nothing could fix the Blue Screen. The TP would not even able to charge and finally turned off after 4.5 hours of constant blue screen.
    I contacted HP, received a box to send it in for repairs. Too bad the hardware is flaky I kind of liked the WebOS. Any one else having such blue screen issues?
    WOW! So out of the hundreds of thousand TP's out there, you get 1 that bricks itself and the hardware is flaky. If it was an IPAD2 would it be flaky.

When things are massed produced, there are bound to be a few items that make it past inspection and fail later in the consumer hands. Remember on most forums, people are not going to post all the positive things, but will sign up just to post a negative remark or complain and then vanish.

This is why I never buy the insurance on an electronic item, cause if it ain't dead in 30 days, then it ain't gonna die. And if it does 1 to 2 years down the road, then it is usually obsolete and needs to be replaced anyway.
    kurt178 and LinuxKoss like this.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    just ordered the box...will update with results
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    just ordered the box...will update with results
    Already have the box to ship it back in!!! wow overnight service
    Already have the box to ship it back in!!! wow overnight service
    yea back when HP sold ipods (ipod with HP logo on back) i had to send mine in and each time they overnighted it! and back to me! thats one thing they are great at!!
    I'm also recieving a blue screen on my 4 day old TP.

I was viewing a YouTube video, which appeared to be working fine, until I clicked the maximize button. The video audio continued to play, but the entire screen went blue. I could touch the screen to pause the video, but none of the other video controls were visible (couldn't see minimize, etc).

The screen was still responsive despite not being able to see any of the controls, and it may have been recoverable, but not thinking, I pushed the top button to turn the screen off. When I turned the screen back on, it was responsive to touch but the screen was still blue. To make matters worse, I have a password enabled and I can't see the keys to get past the login. I'm able to guess at where the unlock icon would be, and I can hear the device clicking when I touch where the keyboard would be, but my password too complex for me to find the right keys.

I tried webOS Doctor, but it won't connect properly. I guess it is expecting the device to be frozen. In my case it's not hung, it's just showing a blue screen.

I'm going to try to let the battery run down, then try again. I guess if all else fails I'll call HP.

For those of you who have had your devices replaced, have you seen the issue recurr?

Thanks
    Try to boot into recovery by holding down the volume down button while turning on the power or while plugging into your PC to power it on...if you see the USB symbol, then you are in recovery and webOS doctor should run
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    After one month and three calls to HP Support my Touchpad is finally shipped back from service as of Saturday so now I am just waiting to receive it and test it out... I hope it works
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Just reboot it... hold down the center button and the top left button for 15-20 seconds until it reboots and you see the HP logo.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchPad Austin View Post
    I'm also recieving a blue screen on my 4 day old TP.

I was viewing a YouTube video, which appeared to be working fine, until I clicked the maximize button. The video audio continued to play, but the entire screen went blue. I could touch the screen to pause the video, but none of the other video controls were visible (couldn't see minimize, etc).

The screen was still responsive despite not being able to see any of the controls, and it may have been recoverable, but not thinking, I pushed the top button to turn the screen off. When I turned the screen back on, it was responsive to touch but the screen was still blue. To make matters worse, I have a password enabled and I can't see the keys to get past the login. I'm able to guess at where the unlock icon would be, and I can hear the device clicking when I touch where the keyboard would be, but my password too complex for me to find the right keys.

I tried webOS Doctor, but it won't connect properly. I guess it is expecting the device to be frozen. In my case it's not hung, it's just showing a blue screen.

I'm going to try to let the battery run down, then try again. I guess if all else fails I'll call HP.

For those of you who have had your devices replaced, have you seen the issue recurr?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I just got mine back and the problem persist
    My TouchPad is effectively bricked right now also. I had to wipe it clean and repartition it, now the doctor keeps failing. I can't seem to get any help on fixing it. Here is my thread:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...s-profile.html
    If your Touchpad is bricked and the screen is unresponsive you can get into USB mode using these directions then Doctor it.

Curtis

To force the boot to USB you have to Hold down the center button and the Power button for about 10-15 seconds, (this is a hard reset) then as soon as the screen goes blank release both of these buttons and then hold the UP volume button and soon you'll be placed into USB mode.