1.    #1  
    Anybody tried it. There haven't been a banking app on webOS yet. I was going to do online via the browser but not how secure it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Anybody tried it. There haven't been a banking app on webOS yet. I was going to do online via the browser but not how secure it is.
    As long as it is an encrypted https website and you are on a secure network, it's no different than your laptop or PC. This is one advantage I love about my iPhone and iPad. I bank at 2 different government banks and both have apps. I can transfer money back and forth between the two and deposit checks via my camera directly into my accounts. So easy. I never have to step foot inside a bank now. Once WebOS gets some banking apps life will be even better, for so many people.
    doesn't work with my bank.
    when i log in the browser attempts to download the page instead of opening it.

i recall having this issue when i first got my htc magic some years back.
    the bank's website (the full version) doesn't work well with mobile browsers.
    they developed a mobile site, but it only works if you can tell your browser to identify itself as an iphone (which my android browser can do).
    if i try to use the same url as the mobile website it just loads the full version.
    try to send yourself the login screen link.
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
    Bank Of America has an app for webOS, but unfortunately it is only available for the Pre and not for the TouchPad.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I have used the browser and a banking app. both work great.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Bank Of America has an app for webOS, but unfortunately it is only available for the Pre and not for the TouchPad.
    The website works perfectly on the touchpad no app required.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    doesn't work with my bank.
    when i log in the browser attempts to download the page instead of opening it.

i recall having this issue when i first got my htc magic some years back.
    the bank's website (the full version) doesn't work well with mobile browsers.
    they developed a mobile site, but it only works if you can tell your browser to identify itself as an iphone (which my android browser can do).
    if i try to use the same url as the mobile website it just loads the full version.
    Report the site on the unexpected website behavior thread

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-behavior.html
    , HP monitors it. Sites I reported were fixed in the 3.02.68 update.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz