1. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have some questions on a few things.

Is it possible to write notes on doc files and pdf files. This would be really handy for school.

Can this play avi videos out of the box or do i need to download a media player?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I know for sure you can edit documents now. Just go to software manager and it will tell you to update quick office in the app catalog (update just came out 2 days ago) and you will be able to edit your documents.

I'll look to see about the avi stuff for ya...

Edit: Found a response about using Touchplayer from preware to play avi files here - http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3120556

Hope this helps
  3. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    what about pdf files? or is there a free app that can convert pdf to word?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    what about pdf files? or is there a free app that can convert pdf to word?
    You could use the browser and Google Docs to edit your pdf files... no other pdf editor that I personally know of.
  5. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    It isn't asking to me to update quickoffice in software manager. I have v 2.0.761

also my word documents don't show up in quickoffice I have a bunch on the touchpad but only the pdf files show up.
    That's weird that your word documents aren't showing up. Quick Office is compatible with Microsoft Office 2010/11 so you should be able to open any Word docs. Where did you save the documents on your TouchPad? Sometimes restarting the TouchPad helps.

For PDFs you can use Adobe Reader.
    I am, therefore I think