Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by capn774 View Post
    Nothing has happened! Twisted and untwisted, charged and trickle charged, nothing has gotten my Touchpad out of the damn battery low logo at boot-up. Something is telling me this is a problem with the Touchpad itself... however I am thinking about picking up another Touchpad charger.

A trip to the WebOS doctor may be able to fix things... idk, may try it in the morning.
    Get a Touchstone charger if you can for wireless charging and exhibition mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by capn774 View Post
    A trip to the WebOS doctor may be able to fix things... idk, may try it in the morning.
    Only problem is, doesn't the WebOS doctor refuse to start until the battery is fully charged? When I doctored mine (with charge near full) it would first show a "charging battery" message for a while before the doctor would start.
    If you have another device that uses micro-usb, plug it into the TP usb recharger and see if it works. That way you can see if it's the charger itself that is not working.
    My touchpad's cord refuses to charge it correctly now. It always has issues if the cord was moved the power would go off/on very annoying. Now it just says that the cord being used might not provide enough power. So I'll probably be buying a touchstone pretty soon from bestbuy or where ever I can get one.

-Toaster
    if you look at Govnah from preware you can see how much current is being drained or charged to the battery. Running in the 1512 profile its still draining between 55 to 300 mA from the battery. Only way to charge (green instead of red grid) that i can see is to turn off the screen while the screen is on and it charges at like 250 mA or so (way way less then the 1k+ from a wall charger).
    Before my second charger came in the mail my TouchPad finally came on, but so far, is not charging. When my second charger did come, it had not done anything to increase battery life on it. Today, I assumed it was a PreWare patch that might've been causing the problems, so I did a full wipe. Apparently a full wipe does not get rid of PreWare patches... so I think I'm going to install PreWare again and manually remove these patches. But if that doesn't work, what am I supposed to do?
    Although the new charger is not charging the battery, can you use the tablet while the charger is connected without the battery draining further? To put it another way, can the touchpad be powered bypassing the battery like some laptops can be run from AC without even having a battery in them?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    Although the new charger is not charging the battery, can you use the tablet while the charger is connected without the battery draining further? To put it another way, can the touchpad be powered bypassing the battery like some laptops can be run from AC without even having a battery in them?
    Exactly.
    I've owned it for only one week, it charged originally but now it won't. I haven't adjusted the plug just tried to plug it in and to SEVERAL outlets. NOTHING.... Please assist.
    use a different cable. I have seen the problem many time where the cable gets stressed just enough that it does supply enough power for the tablet. Change the cable and it usually works fine. Of course you could just get the touchstone.
    Peep likes this.
    are the charing issues most people seeing related to the cable rather than the port?
    Peep likes this.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have my touchpad for a couple of weeks now and it had died one time and the screen was not coming on but when it was plugged in and I pushed the home button or the power button, they lit up. I did the reboot of the device (power button and home button) and it came on. I charged it to 100% and it seemed fine. Then the other day it happened again where the touchpad seems dead to the world. Now when I plug it in the light does not blink on the home key. I tried to unscrew and rescrew in the charger. I plugged the charger into my kindle to see if it worked and it did charge the kindle. I tried my kindle charger on the touchpad and nothing from that either.

Any ideas?
    I had the same issue, when I replaced the USB cord with the one from my Pre it worked. Sounds like HP has some defective USB cables that came with the TP.
    Peep likes this.
    i think so too, im trying another microusb cable, seems more robust compared to hp supplied 1
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I had a problem with the usb cable supplied with the touchpad. I ended up buying one from Radioshack. The hp cable didn't work out of the box. It kept saying low voltage everytime I tried to charge with it.

-Frank
    I got my 16GB touchpad 2 days ago and the 1st day it was charging fine through the USB cable (while it was on) when it got out of battery, i tried charging it but it never went on or charged at all.

When it was on, i was playing with it while i had it charging with the usb cable but the power was slowly going down till it turned off.

I bought the touchpad from eBay since its not available in my country so returning it isnt an option (unless the Greek representatives HP can fix it which i doubt).

Should i even try buying a Touchstone?
    I've been using my TP for about a week now.
    Last night when I plugged it into my wall charger, I noticed that the battery indicator was not changing to the little battery with lightening bolt and was not charging. I thought "OMG" because my sons was playing with it all day and repeatedly plugging and unplugging to wall charger. At first glance, I thought the USB interface from TP was broken because when I wiggled the USB connector in TP, it would charge off and on. I assumes the worst with broken USB interface but when I tried with different cable, it was working fine. For me, it was a bad cable.
    I've got the same issue - TP won't charge. I've tried different cables AND using a touchstone and the same result - I'll either get nothing or the error message saying that the charging isn't providing enough energy blah blah blah.

I've had my TP for a few weeks now and this only started happening this past weekend. I've not dropped it or kicked it or done anything you wouldn't do to a non solid state hard drive (or even a solid state for that matter), so I'm not sure what could be happening here. I've even tried different outlets.

Any suggestions short of return to HP would be helpful.

V/R

PH

***EDIT***: So after unplugging the touchstone 5 or 6 times and twisting off the prongs just as many, I finally got it to charge regularly. I haven't tried a direct usb plug in yet. I'll try it when I get back to see if this 'reset' it's ability to recognize a charger.
    Last edited by PerfectHybrid; 09/20/2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Fixed
    I had a faulty cable too. Called HP on Friday and explained the issue. New working cable arrived Monday morning. The hardest part was getting through on the phone. No need to return broken cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    Only problem is, doesn't the WebOS doctor refuse to start until the battery is fully charged? When I doctored mine (with charge near full) it would first show a "charging battery" message for a while before the doctor would start.
    No need for a full charge but there is a minimum charge - at least that's the way it works on the phones. I don't recall the exact percentage but I want to say I recall it being between 6 - 10% but I could be wrong.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast