Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    There is a website (LINK NOT POSTED) which looks to be a phishing website trying to get you to enter your TouchPad serial number and your personal details.

This has been posted a number of times on this forum. Thanks to the mods, it's been deleted quickly.

If you see a link to a "HP Refund Program", check the URL in the address bar.

Put the url at the end of whois.sc/ ( like HP.com - HP - United States | Laptop Computers, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more ) and check who owns the domain and when it was registered.

Don't enter your details unless 100% certain.

UPDATE: See update below by Derek Kessler..
    Last edited by RedMist; 09/01/2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    We are trying to get more information to determine whether this is a legitimate site. Hold tight.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Then why isn't it on the hp.com website. Not one registered 3 days ago by:

Frank Fischer
    Greenova Services GmbH
    Kärntner Strasse 16
    Stuttgart, 70469, DE

This is not definite proof. But it does look worrying. I'm just saying be careful.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    does it give his phone number? we can all just call Mr Fisher
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    does it give his phone number? we can all just call Mr Fisher
    It does. And thatls the reason I didn't post it. LOL

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I've confirmed with HP that this is not a legit site. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT give them any of your account info.

HP's sending their legal and security teams in as I type.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I have got an email from palm eu customer services, they are still looking into how to do this whole refunds. I wouldn't jump to any sites.
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    The Correct URL is now......

HP Promotions

A genuine HP URL at last..
    UPDATE: We've got a bad case of the left hand not talking to the right here. HP Germany reached out to us to confirm that HP USA was not correct and that this rebate program is legit.

I still weird that they're asking for bank account information, though.

HP Promotions
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    bevcraw likes this.
    I bought the 32GB TP at full price from Amazon UK in early August & have been happily using it since (great device).
    Every major retailer in the UK has followed the US & elsewhere in giving partial refunds to everyone, with one exception - Amazon UK! You'll see a big discussion about it on amazon uk's own website (at http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/...x2ZK4KCS7MMZ4M), where the link to the refund site has also been posted a few times (with similar concerns).
    I've had a similar response to everyone else on that discussion when I've contacted Amazon... ...they are looking into it.
    I decided to have a go at the refund website and got all the way through to the page where it asked for my bank account details - but that odd url is very off-putting (Firefox is saying it as a hp.com site though): as yet I haven't plucked up the courage to complete the process.
    What I don't understand is if HP are refunding people in the UK, I assume it is only those that have bought from Amazon or a few smaller retailers, because everyone else appears to have already started the refund process directly with the customer. If that is the case, why doesn't Amazon direct us to that website? I don't like the fact that there is no link from an official HP or Amazon website or email, or do I need to accept that I should start relying on links from facebook?
    I'd really like to hear from anyone that has plucked up the courage and successfully completed the process without having their bank account stripped bare. Anyone?
    This is often the way with HP cash back promotions, I've seen it before, and the use of non-HP.com domains is confusing, Microsoft do it as well (The Ultimate Steal for example), but I think theirs did lead back to microsoft.com before it asked for any important details.

Amazon has now sent out the link to customers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    UPDATE: We've got a bad case of the left hand not talking to the right here. HP Germany reached out to us to confirm that HP USA was not correct and that this rebate program is legit.

I still weird that they're asking for bank account information, though.

HP Promotions
    How else should they refund the money? Nobody uses checks around here.
    Amazon have now started telling people to use the refund site, which I've now done - I'll update when I see the money.
    This will end up being the steal of the year!
    Is this refund program only valid for Europe? The serial code I entered on the site wasn't accepted and my TP has been registered for weeks. I purchased my TP for $450 on ebay around july 12th and have contacted ebay the week the fire sale was announced. they ignored me and wouldn't help. The ebay seller is cooperating and ebay itself has yet to respond to my case after a week.

I sent an email to this refund program in hopes that some one, some where will work with me here. I just want some of my damn money back without having to fight tooth and nail about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    How else should they refund the money? Nobody uses checks around here.
    how they should refund money?
    is that the question really?

maybe (the way they got your money)^-1 or reverse if yu like.

i bought from hp directely and didnt hear anything....
    I received the link direct from the HP UK store on friday in response to a few email exchanges about refund options. After completing the various pages and uploading a copy my original invoice I received an acknowledgement number from "TechProtect GmbH, Böblingen, authorized by Hewlett-Packard Financial Services - Global Promotion Services." This link only seems to cover English, Irish, French and German customers.
    HP have now refunded £284.17 instead of £365. That equates to a refund of the pre-VAT price minus £115 rather than the full purchase price minus £115, and means we've paid £195 instead of the firesale price. I guess the UK government or Amazon has pocketed the £80 VAT. I wonder if there's any hope of getting it back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teuchterlad View Post
    HP have now refunded £284.17 instead of £365. That equates to a refund of the pre-VAT price minus £115 rather than the full purchase price minus £115, and means we've paid £195 instead of the firesale price. I guess the UK government or Amazon has pocketed the £80 VAT. I wonder if there's any hope of getting it back?
    The same happened to me as well. I've emailed the cashback email, hopefully they can give some clarity as to why we've only got £284.17 and other people have got the full £364
    MechanicalMind - Please report back with the response you get (if any) - I'd be interested to know if there is hope of the full amount coming back to me (ever the Scot!).

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast