Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grappler
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Just got my touchpad, tried to turn it on out of the box and nothing, put it on the its usb charger and the light on the center button is blinking but it still wont turn on after 20 mins of charging or so. is this normal, I thought I would be able to turn this on by now. I hope i didnt get a broken one.
    leave it plugged in, and hold down power and the center button for about 20 seconds. see if it boots.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeer View Post
    Just got my touchpad, tried to turn it on out of the box and nothing, put it on the its usb charger and the light on the center button is blinking but it still wont turn on after 20 mins of charging or so. is this normal, I thought I would be able to turn this on by now. I hope i didnt get a broken one.
    I would give it more time to charge. Also, make sure the charging cable is plugged in all the way. I didn't do that on mine the first day and I found it didn't charge the next morning.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Its plugged in all the way because the home button is blinking, just wont turn on. tried the center and power button for 20 secs and nothing. guess i'll let it charge a while longer and wait and see.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Can somone tell mee, did your touchpad start up right out of the box, did you charge it first? what happens to your when you plug it in when its off? does the home button just blink or does anything else happen? im in the dark here. the button blinks like its chrging but the power button wont turn on the display. its been charging about an hour so far.
    Mine turned on out of the box. An hour should be plenty of time for it to turn on, charging with the wall adapter. Did you try the "hard-reset" holding the center button and power button for 15-20 seconds yet?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Yes I tried that and nothing happened. this sucks, It just came today and doesnt work, i'm bummed.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Try this. Take the AC plug that came with your Touchpad and grab it with both hands and twist it apart. It should separate into 2 parts. Now reconnect making sure it connects securely together. Now recharge for at least 4 hours. It sounds like it wasn't properly attached and not receiving full power.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    Try this. Take the AC plug that came with your Touchpad and grab it with both hands and twist it apart. It should separate into 2 parts. Now reconnect making sure it connects securely together. Now recharge for at least 4 hours. It sounds like it wasn't properly attached and not receiving full power.

A number of people, including my daughter, had this very same problem which turned out to be the charger. After fixing the charger, she had to hold Home & Power down for about 2 minutes before it finally booted.