Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bsigg12
  • 2 Post By neville1355
  • 1 Post By Double Eagle
  1.    #1  
    Are you kidding me??

My guess as to what happened:
    1) UPS kid at the warehouse see's "Touchpad" on box
    2) Remembers seeing stories in the newspaper about Touchpads selling for double on ebay
    3) Continues to steal package

Every time I deal with UPS it's a complete disaster. How this company stays in business is beyond me.

UPS has launched an investigation into it now... I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Wouldn't be entirely surprised to hear about other people with similar fates.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I used to work for ups. There isn't really a way to steal packages if you're just some low level drone. They should find it.
    that sucks... time to work on geting your money back... both of mine were placed in non-labled boxes... i got from best buy (who threw it in a plastic bag) And OnSale.com who placed it in a box..
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    THe UPS driver has it! Sorry had to say it!!! Hopefully HP can send you a new one or they find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by deucediggity View Post
    I used to work for ups. There isn't really a way to steal packages if you're just some low level drone. They should find it.
    Yes! Rest assured that UPS is very serious about employee theft;and,they will legally prosecute every theft they discover. Most likely UPS will find the package and deliver it. Please let us know when they find your parcel.

FYI, UPS has over 330,000 employees in the USA.

UPS Fact Sheet - UPS Pressroom
    I hope this gets resolved for you and you receive your touchpad soon.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Sounds like there should be a little more to the story.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Probably just got put in the wrong can. The cans are what we used when I worked there to designate where something was going and if someone misread a label there is a chance they sent it to the wrong distro center.
    mdmale1 likes this.
  9.    #9  
    False alarm people.

Called UPS and they told me the package was "Lost". One hour later there's a box at my front door.

They still haven't updated the site, and it still hasn't been "scanned" recently. Breathing easy now, though!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    PrinceAlbert and tayswg20 like this.
    Glad you got your package, i have never had a problem with UPS only U.S.P.S. and Fedex
    When you say lost, when was expected delivery date, and where was the last tracking location, for example how many spots did it hit, did it get to a local area (city or state).

UPS tracking has been HORRIBLE lately.

Okay I was a lil late on this post... glad you got your TP, and to all, seriously UPS tracking has been way sketchy lately.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 08/31/2011 at 07:09 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    False alarm people.

Called UPS and they told me the package was "Lost". One hour later there's a box at my front door.

They still haven't updated the site, and it still hasn't been "scanned" recently. Breathing easy now, though!
    you can get a free touchpad via complaining to hp :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    False alarm people.

You bashed UPS like a petulant child. Apology?
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Im glad that they did find it. any time i buy from ebay or someone else that ships with ups i have to ask for signature required for delivery. when i havent four times i have lost packages that the driver claimed to have left at my door cause no1 answered. Two times i was home all day waiting with the door wide open. It was two different drivers and UPS looked in to it as they were high value items and three items were found at drivers personal property. I have lost all respect for UPS, specially their hiring process....
    Can you please change the title icon to a smiley face now?
    FYI, UPS averages 26.2 million daily tracking requests.When you have large-scale power outages,such as those associated with hurricane Irene,some disruption in tracking accuracy might be expected.
    my touchpad shipped by UPS from CA to NJ, started by 24/08 but still on the way. cry....
    UPS ZONE Map for Ground shipments

You should get it today...fingers crossed
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    You bashed UPS like a petulant child. Apology?
    Well, UPS did call him, to tell him that his shipment was lost.

IMO, he doesnt owe UPS an apology.