Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mike5
  • 1 Post By deados
  1.    #1  
    Hey all, yesterday I started watching a movie and as I couldn't finish it, I paused it, reduced the player in the card, and put the device in standby for the night. Today, I opened/closed few cards before I came back to my movie, and when I have put the player/card in full screen, it ended frozen an I even could not power off the TP
    So I tried to find the magic combo to reboot or power off. I tried a lot with long push on the power button with +/- audio buttons and finally, I have found it:

long push on power + home button on the other side and it reboots the device!

I am with Warthog kernels 1.7ghz and the media player is KalemSoft player demo.
    Did anyone also experienced that?
    yep just like an apple reboot
  3.    #3  
    don't have Apple devices / didn't know but thx 4 info
    Thank you so much! It took me a full half hour bus ride to find this information while searching on my phone (Pre-). I tried searching for how to reset/restart/reboot a frozen/locked-up touchpad/hp touchpad and Google just kept giving me results for unresponsive laptop trackpads! Even a precentral forums search was surprisingly unhelpful (and ironically not mobile friendly at all--but that's another story). This should seriously be a sticky. It's not like the Pre that you can just pull the battery on.
    thanks for the post, doesn't need to be sticky though.
    just used the reboot trick, i hope it doesn't hurt TP. Once you find it in the forum, you remember what to do.

b
    Thanks! I just had mine freeze while using TuneIn Radio.
    check out j-stop in preware catalogue and turn it to auto garbage collect (no notifications), should help a lot with memory issues
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    check out j-stop in preware catalogue and turn it to auto garbage collect (no notifications), should help a lot with memory issues
    App is called JsTop.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    What exactly does this app do? Also, what are the drawbacks of having this running in the background, if any?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  10. uk1
    Must the app be switched on each time the Touchpad is switched on or is it on in the background permanently?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks for the solution. My TP just froze and I would have been stuck without this
    My touchpad justed locked up. a quick search turned uo this thread. Thanks all.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks from me, too, my TouchPad froze up, and I had to break out the laptop to search the forum. I tried various combinations of buttons, including those two, but clearly not for long enough.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lebye View Post
    Hey all, yesterday I started watching a movie and as I couldn't finish it, I paused it, reduced the player in the card, and put the device in standby for the night. Today, I opened/closed few cards before I came back to my movie, and when I have put the player/card in full screen, it ended frozen an I even could not power off the TP
    So I tried to find the magic combo to reboot or power off. I tried a lot with long push on the power button with +/- audio buttons and finally, I have found it:

long push on power + home button on the other side and it reboots the device!

I am with Warthog kernels 1.7ghz and the media player is KalemSoft player demo.
    Did anyone also experienced that?
    --------

Thanks. For those, like me, who are a little slow, you have to hold both the power & home key simultaneously for a long period of time, 10-20 seconds.
    Last edited by Mike5; 09/08/2011 at 03:30 PM.
    wallbounce likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    yep just like an apple reboot
    hey robotech- you mean just like linux- this is how the old palms worked- apple used a lot from palm for the iphone- I worked for apple and we all had palm pilots back then- palm was the originator of the tablet computer, but they were too ahead of their time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkannard View Post
    hey robotech- you mean just like linux- this is how the old palms worked- apple used a lot from palm for the iphone- I worked for apple and we all had palm pilots back then- palm was the originator of the tablet computer, but they were too ahead of their time.
    Actually I believe this was first introduced on the VM370 mainframes back in '72. Now THAT'S a machine truly ahead of its time.
    taxi likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Thanks for this. Had a c&p freeze yesterday.
    just had my 1st lockup on my touchpad, combo worked fine lol
    I just had my first complete freeze since getting my TouchPad a year ago, and this thread is the first link I clicked on when searching for help with my Pre2. Thanks, OP!
    Sprint Palm Pre- since 6/09
    -> Sprintified Palm Pre 2 since 11/11
    -> HP TouchPad since 11/11
    If you have Developer Mode enabled and have a computer with Novacom nearby, you can shell in and type 'reboot' in the shell. At least if the device can respond in some way (like in a Luna restart loop), you can reboot the device with less chance of damaging the file system.