Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    finally arrived very nice now just have figure out how to instal free tether an I'm cooking
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    finally arrived very nice now just have figure out how to instal free tether an I'm cooking
    Can't wait till I get mine! Going to feel like a kid on Christmas!!!
    you don't install free tether on the touchpad unless you have one with a 3g radio.

you run freetether on your Pre, and connect your TP via wifi.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you don't install free tether on the touchpad unless you have one with a 3g radio.

you run freetether on your Pre, and connect your TP via wifi.
    Maybe he meant Preware?
  5.    #5  
    ya i know install it on my pre.. just have to find a complete set of directions for it.. than im golden.. that or im buying a damn htc sensation.. with wifi hotspot.. which ever comes first
    if you're with Bell and have a Pre-, don't forget it's essentially UNLIMITED data and if you upgrade your phone to something newer, you will lose that advantage. TTS, texting from my TouchPad .....I can live without those in exchange for tethering for free. I tether 5 days/week, 10 hours/day, and last month (15 July-15 Aug) used 40GB, according to Bell. Something to think about.

And it's easy. Download freeTether from Preware. Start freeTether. Turn on WiFi on your TouchPad. Find freeTether (or whatever you call the hotspot) connect. Wait for the blue checkmark to appear. Finished.
    ya i know install it on my pre.. just have to find a complete set of directions for it.. than im golden.. that or im buying a damn htc sensation.. with wifi hotspot.. which ever comes first

freetether is so easy to install. Application:FreeTether - WebOS Internals
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

i can confirm that installing and using FreeTether is a breeze. small, powerful and easy to use program.
    I agree it is a nice tablet. I tether to either my mifi or my HTC EVO. My EVO is rooted and romed. Unlimited data is good thing if you have a netflix account and are a heavy user.
    I like being wireless so I use my 3G connection ALOT.
  10.    #10  
    yes I have one of the old unlimited plans a year to go.... However I will just buy a phone off contract and keep on going they tell me that is ok
  11.    #11  
    power consumption what is it like?
    power consumption what is it like?
    Standby seems to last forever. Heavy usage, I get around 8-9 hours.