1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,
    I've just purchased a TP, and unfortunately I'm having issues checking my Hotmail via the TP web browser. I have been in contact with HP and they claim it's something to do with Silverlight that Hotmail uses. I have also been in contact with Hotmail and they say to contact HP. Basically I'm able to access the log-in page but then the next page just states 'unable to access my account'.
    I know I can use the TP to get my email directly downloaded to the TP, but since the TP is being shared by others this is not an option.
    Since HP nor Hotmail are able to help, does anyone know of a way to use a different browser than the pre-installed browser?
    Many thanks
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    No, not yet.
    To use hotmail on touchpad:

go to https://hotmail.com

yes, HTTPS with an S. Once there, just click through and hit continue to hotmail (it'll tell you to change your browser, but just hit continue past this).

Problem solved.
    Thanks so much for this answer! I don't know how Hotmail expected anyone to figure this out!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    there's advanced browser but not sure if it will help with the hotmail site.
    Quote Originally Posted by resteasy View Post
    there's advanced browser but not sure if it will help with the hotmail site.
    it won't for now :/
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner