1.    #1  
    Well, that isn't entirely true. Using handbreak, I was able to convert the .MOV home videos filmed by my Canon 550D. They play perfectly.

The same can't be said about my Bluray collection. No matter what I do, I can't get a good result. I'm trying to convert my Bluray rips. They are all 1080p x264 High@4.1 DxVA compatible 23.976fps video streams with either DTA-MA or DTS audio streams. The problems I have happen both on my rips and on the original .m2ts files.

- Tried Handbreak. Using the handbreak preset provided here on the forums by treo3002600, the video ends up looking fine. The audio is messed up. Doesn't matter if I try Dolby Pro Loigc II or Stereo, the sound stutters. It only stutters on loud scenes. It isn't clipping, it is stuttering (small frequent moments of silence).

- Tried DVDFAB 8. This one can't seem to read the video stream. I tried converting and it crashes Windows.

- Tried Freemake Video Converter. This one seems to work fine for my .MOV home videos, but no luck on the movies. The audio seems great! But the video is black and flashes a frame in the middle of the movie over and over. Not usable at all.

- I tried using YAMB to take the good video from the Handbreak encode and the good AAC audio from the Freemake encode and then mp4box them together. However, the audio and video are not in sync, despite everything being set at 23.976 fps.

- I then tried using MeGUI with an avsscript/graph and encoding to MP4 like I do my bluray rips but with the iPad preset (1024 x *** resolution, 0 bframes). I took that and then MP4boxed the AAC audio from the Freemake encode. Hey! The result is a good video that plays great on the PC, the audio is in sync. When I move it to my Touchpad it plays fine as well, however problems happen when I try to scrub to the middle of the movie. When I drag the slider to the middle, the slider instantly skips to the end (as if it was finished) and audio plays, but no video plays. I don't want to have to watch a movie all the way through without being able to skip to a scene.

- I've also tried Kalemsoft. Didn't work, the video was stretched and the audio was dopplered slower. I'd prefer not to use Kalemsoft anyways, I'd like to get full hardware acceleration to maximize battery life. I'll be taking this thing with me on trips and won't always be able to charge it.

In short, Handbreak almost gets me there. It just can't seem to convert DTS-MA to AAC correctly. I've also tried MP3 but that ends up as no sound. Has anyone been able to convert a Bluray to MP4 that can be played on a stock touchpad?

EDIT: The converted movies are less than 2GB (~1.1GB on the one I've been testing)
    Last edited by MrJspeed; 08/31/2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Apply for one of the developer positions at HP and get to cracking on that hardware acceleration.
    Well, I don't have many Bluray movies, and use the handbrake and aneesoft to be a combination, works fine on my DVD movies converting.
    How about convert the bluray dvds to MKV first, and then convert the MKV to MP4 videos.
    Read this guide: Convert BluRay or DVD to MKV (x264) using free open source applications | James Tombs
    Did you try the free "Format Factory"? I did use Version 2.60 (2.70 does have problem with some input-formats which I use as source).

There is a MP4-Profile (in Version 2.60) which is for the iPad with the resolution 1024*768

Did work fine here playing with the standard and the Kalem-Videoplayer
    Info at http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Format_Factory
    Homepage http://www.formatoz.com/
    Last edited by guidol; 09/02/2011 at 02:49 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane66 View Post
    Well, I don't have many Bluray movies, and use the handbrake and aneesoft to be a combination, works fine on my DVD movies converting.
    How about convert the bluray dvds to MKV first, and then convert the MKV to MP4 videos.
    Read this guide: Convert BluRay or DVD to MKV (x264) using free open source applications | James Tombs
    I already have a big library of Blurays converted to MKV. Handbreak gives me the same result no matter if I give it a MKV or a Bluray M2TS. I don't get the problem with DVDs, just Blurays. It's basically not converting/downmixing the audio correctly.

I was able to get a good result though by using AVS Video Converter! It isn't free, but the movie plays well and I can scrub with no issues. My only gripe is that right now the file size is a bit larger than I'd like (~1.5GB) so I am gonna keep playing and tweaking the settings. If I get a good profile for the Touchpad for AVS I will post it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by guidol View Post
    Did you try the free "Format Factory"? I did use Version 2.60 (2.70 does have problem with some input-formats which I use as source).

There is a MP4-Profile (in Version 2.60) which is for the iPad with the resolution 1024*768

Did work fine here playing with the standard and the Kalem-Videoplayer
    Info at http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Format_Factory
    Homepage http://www.formatoz.com/
    I'll check that out!
    Use vidcoder. It uses handbrake but sets it up just fine. Just run the default. No work and its good.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Have you tried PSPVideo - PSP Video 9 - Free PSP Video Converter