Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hi,

I was wondering whether there was any way to get different language inputs, specifically Japanese. I see some old threads for Palm products, but don't know how they adapt to the webOS platform. Has anyone had any luck? I saw there was one app that allows you to input hiragana and katakana, but it wasn't very useful. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    You can try OnKANA from the app store. I don't know if the Japanese input is complete but its functions looks great.
    I hacked together a Japanese IME implementing the Google transliteration API. It is Ajax based so you don't need to install anything on your touchpad, but you do need to be online.

Let me know what you think.

Link to: Japanese IME for HP Touchpad

It would certainly be nice to have a built-in IME, but for now this works for me.
    Last edited by jmtech; 09/14/2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Text revision
    It works! Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by daonei View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering whether there was any way to get different language inputs, specifically Japanese. I see some old threads for Palm products, but don't know how they adapt to the webOS platform. Has anyone had any luck? I saw there was one app that allows you to input hiragana and katakana, but it wasn't very useful. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    I have the same needs of Japanese input for HP Touchpad. I would like to share of the comments you have or you receive it. Thanks.
    I reward the development of a complete Japanse IME and Keyboard as in Windows already existent with 100$ as well the person who develops shall have the rights to licence it further.
    as already mentioned in this post.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ndows-7-a.html
    there's an app to convert romaji into hiragana or katakana
    I'm pretty sure its in the catalog, not preware
    OnKana or something like that