Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scuba_steve
  1.    #1  
    I have received my TP today and going to play with it later tonite.. just one single question.. I have a pre minus... is there something what I should worry about when connecting my palm profile between phone (1.4.5) and the TP (3.xx)?
    had the same situation. Everything worked out fine. Most of the apps made the switch. No big issue.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Same for me, and while most made the transition, some had to be manually downloaded. And some just don't look good, the ap is the size of the Pre screen in the middle of the Touchpad, because the ap was not designed to fill a Touchpad screen.

I also had to remove all email accounts and ad back, after I upgraded to 3.0.2.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Only problem I had is wanting 3.0 on my phone.
    the only problem I had was call quality through the touchpad from my FrankenPre2 on Sprint.
    to save you the disappointment, if you hadn't read earlier, the 1.4.5.1 of the pre- makes it incompatible with TP being able to receive txt messages --
    it only does the calling via bluetooth...
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    to save you the disappointment, if you hadn't read earlier, the 1.4.5.1 of the pre- makes it incompatible with TP being able to receive txt messages --
    it only does the calling via bluetooth...
    Yes. That also disappointed me.

But then you load FreeTether on that Pre Minus and all is forgiven
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    sledge007 likes this.
    I made the same transition last week. I had no problems with my Palm Profile. Most of the apps downloaded automatically. However, most of the apps were not optimized for the TouchPad so they ended up getting deleted by me.
    From launch day Pre- to firesale TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    no issues. However, as I had done this a couple times it works either way (using existing profile or setting up new.)

as I use gmail for email, contacts, calendar... It would work to start a new profile and just set up from scratch.

I am finding that I do not use my pre- apps much at all, but it is nice to have them available. However I tend to still use them on my Pre- primarily as all the settings do not xfer to the TP.