1.    #1  
    When I open up the Phone & Video Calls app and go to Contacts, the app slows down considerably, to the point where I can't do anything else. I'm forced to close out of the app.

Anyone else have this problem?

I suspect it's because it's pulling contact information from Facebook and Skype and it's too much for the thing to handle, but can anyone confirm this?
    How many contacts do you have? I don't see this behavior on my Touchpad (32GB model).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    I don't have the TouchPad in front of me, but I believe I'm syncing both Facebook and Skype contacts. If that's the case, I have around 700 contacts, which would make sense of this problem.
  4.    #4  
    Alright, I was able to check out my TP and realized that the Phone & Video Calls app is NOT syncing anything with Facebook. Just Skype.

Yet when I go into the app, the Contacts app is horribly sluggish and hangs. It slows the whole machine down until I close the app. I only have about 10 or 15 Skype contacts.

What is going on? Please help a brother out.
  5.    #5  
    Bump.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Having the same issue. When I open the Phone & Video Calls it freezes up the whole os, seems to happen when its loading my contacts. I only have 8 skype contacts. The only way I can skype video call is to go into the Messaging app, click on a skype contact then hit the drop down arrow on the top right and slect the video camera, this will launch the Phone & Video Calls app straight into a video call.....hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by g525 View Post
    Having the same issue. When I open the Phone & Video Calls it freezes up the whole os, seems to happen when its loading my contacts. I only have 8 skype contacts. The only way I can skype video call is to go into the Messaging app, click on a skype contact then hit the drop down arrow on the top right and slect the video camera, this will launch the Phone & Video Calls app straight into a video call.....hope this helps.
    I have tried to add buddies on the messaging app for my Skype account. Bet the app actually changes the spelling of names - any way to turn that off?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I have 2 touchpads. One from before the fire sale and one after the fire sale. The second (after the fire sale) gives me that same sluggish performance mentioned here, and I have only 1 contact I setup to test the app.

I've found that resetting the TP before and after Skype use loosens it up a bit and makes it useable.

Oddly enough on the first touchpad (before the fire sale) Skype app and video calls works fine.