Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cawhalen
  1.    #1  
    So I plunked down 500+ for my 32 gb TP back in mid-July. After HP, pulled support from WebOS, I saw this article on Engadget (Best Buy stops selling the TouchPad, HP offers refunds to owners -- Engadget) that states that HP would refund owners the difference. I called yesterday, and the person who I spoke with said that this is not the case. Has anyone else been able to get some sort of credit? Or am I SOL?
    got mine full price at best buy and I got a refund a best buy too
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Where have you been the last 12 days?
    Tatobest likes this.
    My local best buy did the price adjustment for me, no questions asked.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    The question was those of us who purchased the TouchPad directly from HP, not from any other channels (we're very happy for you all).

I contacted my HP Sales rep via email last week and he asked me to give him a few days "until the dust settles." before screaming at him again. I, like Jaronin haven't heard a word from HP about our refunds. Anyone? Buehler?
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    The question was those of us who purchased the TouchPad directly from HP, not from any other channels (we're very happy for you all).

I contacted my HP Sales rep via email last week and he asked me to give him a few days "until the dust settles." before screaming at him again. I, like Jaronin haven't heard a word from HP about our refunds. Anyone? Buehler?
    I purchased one of my TouchPads directly from HP Home & Home Office and only needed to call the Return/Exchange phone number and request a price match.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I did not get one from Amazon. I preorderd. They are making me send it back for full refund instead of price matching...
    I purchased from HP directly and all that I had to do was call and I received an immediate refund along with an email follow-up confirmation.
    Got a 32 on launch day at Best Buy, they price-matched as soon as the price came down (in store credit, unfortunately), then I returned for cash/store credit when the **** hit the fan, and eventually, after a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, I managed to pick up a new 32 at Insight for 149.