1.    #1  
    The HP Tablet browser saves files oddly. For example, when I download a word document from my email, it saves it as dl.php instead of the word document. When I try to download a movie file from megagupload, it says as a nonsensical file name and won't allow me to open it.

Tried the google the problem, but I haven't found any answers and I am surprised I didn't find similar concerns searching through on this forum. This is a really big deal for me, and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Running preware, with latest updates
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Because you should be in bed at that time of night. Now get some sleep and TP will recognize the file extension later.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    I haven't tried downloading movies directly to the TouchPad, but there's a decent app called TorrentTouch Pro HD, that will download to your computer. Don't let the reviews on it fool you, it does work providing two things:
    1. You know how to forward ports(if you don't, and I didn't, I called my tech support for my router and an hour later I was good to go)
    2. You have a compatible client, I use uTorrent, works great.

There's also a free app KTorrent I think it's called, but I haven't tried it.

as for your other question, no idea.

Who's going to tell me to go to bed???

lol.

It is dark outside, but I just got home from work.....and it's Kokanee time
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnivalSa View Post
    The HP Tablet browser saves files oddly. For example, when I download a word document from my email, it saves it as dl.php instead of the word document. When I try to download a movie file from megagupload, it says as a nonsensical file name and won't allow me to open it.

Tried the google the problem, but I haven't found any answers and I am surprised I didn't find similar concerns searching through on this forum. This is a really big deal for me, and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Running preware, with latest updates
    This is a well documented issue with no resolution right now it seems. If you have to authenticate in some way to download a file, you will get a .php or .apsx or whatever file downloaded instead of the file you want. It's fail :/ hopefully a fix will appear otherwise android beckons..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ommie View Post
    This is a well documented issue with no resolution right now it seems. If you have to authenticate in some way to download a file, you will get a .php or .apsx or whatever file downloaded instead of the file you want. It's fail :/ hopefully a fix will appear otherwise android beckons..
    Do the developers plan on fixing this eta? It's a pretty big issue for me. I mean, don't most people still get their files through http?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Agree, this should be fixed. Wasn't there a browser patch for earlier webOS versions that allowed for downloading any filetype?
  7.    #7  
    If anybody has a developers blog, mailing list, or anything to indicate that the developers know and are actively trying to fix it would be appreciated. Personally I am very surprised that one of the most basic functions and primary functions of a browser doesn't work.

I getting serious urges to ebay or craiglist if a fix is not somewhere in the pipeline lol
    On a similar note, I tried to download a Jpeg file attachment from my email and I got an error. It won't let me download it to the photo app. Anyway to solve this issue?

Thanks.