1.    #1  
    is there any solution for touchpad to tether to iphone 3gs not iphone 4?

iphone 3gs can use mywi, PDAnet apps to use ad hoc wifi
    but touchpad don't support adhoc wifi

unlike iphone4, iphone 3gs don't support wifi hotspot.

and touchpad don't support bluetooth PAN network with non webos phone.

is there any patch to enable TP to use PAN, Ad hoc wifi?
    I would also like to know about this. Just upgraded my plan w/ AT&T so I could tether to my new TP. I learned the iPhone 3GS only supports BT and USB tethering but the TP will NOT recognize a BT pairing from my iPhone.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew Collins. View Post
    is there any solution for touchpad to tether to iphone 3gs not iphone 4?

iphone 3gs can use mywi, PDAnet apps to use ad hoc wifi
    but touchpad don't support adhoc wifi

unlike iphone4, iphone 3gs don't support wifi hotspot.

and touchpad don't support bluetooth PAN network with non webos phone.

is there any patch to enable TP to use PAN, Ad hoc wifi?
    see here, but no solution
    Ad-Hoc Networking - WebOS Internals
    I couldn't get PdaNet to work either on my Iphone. I downloaded Tetherme from Cydia and it works great.
    I have a Nokia N8 using JoikuSpot to create wifi hotspot
    Unfortunately the hotspot is AD HOC and TP does not see it

Also can't tether via BT. My TP is USELESS from a mobile internet perspective for me.

The TP is hobbled/crippled from a connectivity perspective.
    This needs to be resolved
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Use a Virgin Mobile Optimus V (I use mine with Bumblebee Custom ROM) with built-in WiFi Tether (infrastructure mode).

$25/mo for unlimited data (currently capped at 10GB; to be capped beginning in Oct 2011 at 2.5GB), and you have a backup phone with 300 min and unl texting. Not a bad deal!! Though the plans are not available currently (I got mine a while back), I saw someone a while back on eBay who was selling grandfathered $25 accounts.

It's the infrastructure mode on the WiFi that makes it work with the TP. Though you are stuck on the Sprint network (so if you don't have good coverage where you are, you may be out of luck).

Hope this info helps.
    I too have an iphone 3Gs and would like to know how to tether to my Touchpad.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ortin2833 View Post
    I couldn't get PdaNet to work either on my Iphone. I downloaded Tetherme from Cydia and it works great.
    I assume you have an iPhone 4?

We've got an original iPhone (2G) and an iPhone 3G. It looks like TetherMe only supports tethering via Bluetooth and USB for these devices - and that you need an iPhone 4 to use the WiFi tethering capability.

So no luck for tethering the HP TouchPad using an iPhone 2G or 3G.
    Im also keen to know if anyone has tethering working on Iphone 3gs 4.3.3 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by trevevs View Post
    Im also keen to know if anyone has tethering working on Iphone 3gs 4.3.3 ?

I am also looking for the solution if using 3GS 4.2.1 (Jb), + MyWi thought TP ? is working ?
    looks like another threads already having a crack at this... http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ly-phones.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kuen94 View Post
    I am also looking for the solution if using 3GS 4.2.1 (Jb), + MyWi thought TP ? is working ?

Finally, I tested my 3GS with MyWi and PdaNet both are not work online tether with TP.
    Ok, so I know I'm a little late to the party with this...But like most iPhone 3GS owners, I too was frustrated at the lack of ability to create a wifi hotspot. Instead of creating the Ad-hoc connection via wifi, though, I managed to get bluetooth tethering to work. It's very simple to do and I am very happy to share. This tutorial is for bluetooth tethering in Cyanogenmod 9 on the Touchpad. It may work on CM7, but I've not tested. Perhaps someone using CM7 can verify? I know this thread is mainly asking for a way to do this in WebOS, but I also know that thee are a good many people that spend most of the time in Android since CM9 Alpha 2 and later builds have been released. So, if you're part of that audience, this is targeted at you. Firstly, I'm using Mywi 5.5 on my iPhone 3GS and enabled bluetooth tethering in the app. (This also may work with other tethering products such as tetherme but haven't had the chance to test it out.) Pair up your Touchpad and iPhone. On the iPhone, launch MyWi. Then launch the bluetooth settings on the Touchpad and connect to the iPhone. It's important to note that if you try to connect to the Touchpad from the iPhone via bluetooth, you'll get an error stating that the TP is an unsupported device and it will disappear from your list of paired devices. However, you'll find that you can connect to the iPhone FROM the TP via bluetooth settings on the Touchpad. I'm sure that others trying this have gotten to this point, but when you try to launch a browser on the TP, it doesn't work. What needs to occur is to assign an IP address on the bluetooth interface on the TP. It's easier to just pull it via DHCP instead of assigning it yourself. So all you'll have to do is run 4 commands, which I've typed below. On your Touchpad, launch Terminal Emulator and run the following commands.

1. su
    2. dhcpcd bnep0
    3. setprop net.dns1 68.94.156.1
    4. setprop net.dns2 68.94.157.1

Steps 3 and 4 are AT&T DNS servers which I set because I'm on AT&T. However, you can substitute the IP addresses with the public google dns servers, which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (or whatever DNS IP's you wish to use). I'm not using the Google DNS servers because I would think that using those would throw red flags up at AT&T because DNS lookups aren't running through the IP addresses assigned originally through the 3G connection. Anyway, once you've run the commands, launch a browser and you should be good to go. What I've found though, is that not all applications connect. For some reason, even though the TP is connected to the internet, it still has a status of "No Internet Connection" when you tap the lower right side of the screen and the settings status menu opens up. I've not figured out how to remedy that though. I'm thinking it's going to be a simple command as well and will post this up if/when I figure it out. Or perhaps someone out there can provide this final piece to the puzzle? For now though, you should be able to launch a browser and even watch Netflix. You'll find that you can connect to the Play store and purchase items but when it tries to download the package, it will just hang while doing the handshake. So while it's not a perfect solution for accessing all available internet applications/services (yet), you can at least browse the internet. I posted these instructions for using an HP Touchpad running android, but this should work for tethering on the 3GS with most rooted Android devices with bluetooth. You can simplify the process with a script manager such as what's in Rom Toolbox. I use that and was able to create a script via the scripting tool. So all I have to do is connect the devices, launch Rom Toolbox Scripting tool and select my script. I'm not going to go into details on how to do that in this post, but don't mind taking the time to do so if anybody is interested. If anything is not clear, please don't hesitate to ask as I'm very happy to help out. When it all comes down to it, I know I could always just buy a newer phone. I'm too damned stubborn for that though.

- Rb0376
    I use Bedrock's ad-hoc app in webos and it works great with my Nokia and Joiku hotspot.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker56 View Post
    I use Bedrock's ad-hoc app in webos and it works great with my Nokia and Joiku hotspot.
    Right...I checked out Bedrock's ad-hoc app and it works for a majority of folks trying to tether within WebOS, but as I understand it, the iPhone 3G/3GS is a "unique" (translated as pain in the drain) phone for trying to tether on the Touchpad. I know this is WebOS Nation, but I wanted to throw a solution for bluetooth tethering with the 3G/3GS phones and Android on their Touchpads. It gives these folks in particular the option of using their phones to put the TP on the internet. Plus, using bluetooth to tether is less drain on the battery on the iPhone and TP. Anymore, I spend 99% of my time in Android (CM9) and can now surf the web on my TP without having to shell out $$ for a new phone. Granted, I'll eventually do that, but this just added a little more time to the lifecycle of my 3GS and I can wait for the Galaxy S3 to be released. Of course, at the rate that THAT is going, I'll be waiting until 2013 before it actually happens. Until then though, I can tether away until either AT&T discovers and whine's about it, I switch carriers, or my phone blows up.
    Where is this bedrock app? I looked in the Preware app and couldnt find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by furball zen View Post
    Where is this bedrock app? I looked in the Preware app and couldnt find it.
    Yes please. What is this "Bedrock" app or developer? I just got a Nokia N9 and want to convert my T-Mobile hotspot card to a full phone w/data plan and put it in the N9. The Pre2 is only a year old but getting flakey so I got the N9. Even Kul'er.

The N9 tethering is apparently (I have a no data pay-by-the-minute card in it now) ad-hoc only. I did not know the difference between ad-hoc and infrastructure until today.

So, what is this app that enables ad-hoc tethering on the WebOs PalmPad?

I paid Amazon's full price for my 32 gig TP. (I like to call it PalmPad instead).
    Thank you rebel for posting the Bluetooth tethering info. It is much appreciated. I did this today and it worked great. Can you post your script and instructions on how to implement it? I have tried rom toolbox lite, script, and command center, but can't get them to run scripts or the commands to work like when I manually enter the commands into the terminal.
    Not meaning to hijack this thread, since it is primarily addressing hotspots from a 3gs iPhone, but for those asking about other phones........."FoxFi". I've been using it on my ATT GS2 with ICS and it is flawless. TP on WebOS sees it every time (and ATT doesn't) ;-)
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker85 View Post
    Not meaning to hijack this thread, since it is primarily addressing hotspots from a 3gs iPhone, but for those asking about other phones........."FoxFi". I've been using it on my ATT GS2 with ICS and it is flawless. TP on WebOS sees it every time (and ATT doesn't) ;-)
    This does work, but does not support wifi on htc thunderbolt,only bluetooth with ics on tp and I also needed to install pdanet tablet for it to work.