Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beardedspoooon
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have a touchpad updated with webOS 3.02. It has preware installed and just about all the common tweaks (unthrottle, gonna, remove logging tweaks, increase volume, increase sensitivity, remove touch ripple, etc) I've noticed that when I am on the forums page here and I open a link in a new card the text on the text on the first card becomes blurry. If I goto the new card and let it load then go back to the first card the text is clear again. Does anyone else have this problem? I know it must be due to one of the tweaks I installed because I have another stock touchpad that doesn't have this problem. I just don't know which modification is causing it.
    Yes, I have seen it too. You have to wait until the page starts to load in the new card. You have to let it get going a ways before the other card can 'fix' its sharpness.

Not a big deal, but I thought webOS was 'multitasking'. Not sure what up here.
    Yep, same - had it on a stock device (ie. before I installed preware).

The font rendering in the webOS browser is probably the worst I have experienced in a device for quite some time; even when the font has "cleared" up, small text is often very blurry, and sometimes I have an entire line of pixels missing from a line of text which compounds the blurry small font issue.
    I have the same issue. Pretty annoying, especially as there is no possibility to open new sites in the background. So I regularly have to switch back to the original card, which will be blurry if I haven't waited long enough. Anyone has an idea how to solve this?
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
    Yep, same - had it on a stock device (ie. before I installed preware).

The font rendering in the webOS browser is probably the worst I have experienced in a device for quite some time; even when the font has "cleared" up, small text is often very blurry, and sometimes I have an entire line of pixels missing from a line of text which compounds the blurry small font issue.
    Yep, so annoying.

Other annoying thing:

Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/09/2011 at 01:52 PM.
    milhouse likes this.
    Yep, there are at least four examples of poor font rendering I can see quite clearly in that example, and not just below the red circle. It really does spoil the browsing experience and results in a truly sub-par product.

You can also see how the browser has ballsed up the URL, it should be:

Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=311978
    but for some reason webOS is escaping the URL so that it becomes:

Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=311978
    Granted web sites still accept the escaped URL when posting, but I've not seen any other browser munge the URL quite like this.

The webOS browser really is "special".