Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
    ok I have Htc Desire HD (DHD)
    Would like to know from someone who fresh doctors what results they get with their Desire HD
    I can try it next week, i'm using the custom Sensation rom. Might make a difference, either good or bad.
    you should correct your statement in the original post that webOS phones have "no success". Webos users have been forwarding calls to and from pixi/pre/pre2/veer since day one with the touchpad, and the setup is actually very simple. It is only the texting that has not worked (only the pre 3/veer support this at the moment)

Ironically I believe the texting aspect is what most of us were interested in in the first place
    tooearly likes this.
    I am looking for phone/text and most importantly internet!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    I can't seem to get it working right with Samsung Vibrant (CM7 ROM) it pairs, it connects. It almost works, the touchpad sends the call to my phone and my phone dials the number but the Touchpad will not pickup the audio and finally says it cannot connect or something . I've tried messing with small amount of settings there are and nothing seems to work. I have not doctored my TP (and I will not) I'm also overclocked and patched- I suppose the odds were against me from the start.
    Same thing happens with my HTC Glacier on MIUI- connects but gives an error when I try to call out.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjpopp View Post
    So for data, TP needs a BT profile for data connectivity?

(sorry to be stupid, but in the case BT does stand for Bluetooth and not British Telecom, correct?)

So the purpose of using BT with a TP and your phone is.... ? Making the TP a large speakerphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by reconn2001 View Post
    First - This is great and absolutely worked on my UN-jail-broke iPhone 3GS. I was finally able to pair between it and the HP TP via BT. My goal for this was to use my cell phone data package to tether with the HP TP and get on the internet. Unfortunately I keep getting "Error No Internet Connection". I upgraded my cell plan w/ AT&T for tethering two days ago so I could do this. Are those of you tethering your TP using it for data or just to make calls? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    I am looking for phone/text and most importantly internet!!!!
    Touchpad needs to support PAN BT Client or DUN BT Client (bluetooth) Profile but it doesnt look like it supports either one. Yet. So, for those of us that are looking to Tether our TP's to our Iphones or Blackberries via BT, it wont work, the TP doesnt know to use the Iphone or BB as an internet gateway

Iphones support PAN (host) and Blackberries support DUN (host)

Blackberry Bold 9650 Pairs but Calls Dont work and Text Doesnt work either

Oh and I have TP running Stock kernel with a bunch of different apps and patches installed, so I dont think you need a different kernel or a fresh TP in order to get this to work
    Last edited by ruben00; 09/02/2011 at 10:29 AM.
    It does work with the Nokia 6265i. But same as everyone it will not trasnfer the sound to the TP. It has the same conection as my car audio (Audio Gateway).
    Hopefully we will be able to use the cell phones as modem and use it when Wifi is not available. In the meantime I will keep using my HP ipaq Pocket PC 2003!
    Sending files via bluetooth from cell phone to Tablet will work as follow:
    Open FreeTether with bluetooth on (do not open the bluetooth on the Tablet)
    Go to phone and select any file and select to send via bluetooth, search for devices. It will find the Tablet, then send.
    The file will be in the TMP folder in the Tablet.
    It looks like FreeTether open all conections to the bluetooth from the Tablet when starts and takes control of the communication with other devices.
    But I can not transfer the audio to the Tablet.
    just paired with a Sprint HTC EVO 3D. was able to make a call on my Touchpad. Thanks guys. not bad for a dead tablet...
    Is anyone else getting complaints from people they talk to about an echo? Everyone I've talked to via the TP says their voice is echoing back.

(This is via a Droid X2).
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    has anyone tried this with Droid 1? i would try but i don't have my touchpad with me today. does data work with this method or is this just for texting and making calls?
    I was able to pair mt BB Bold 9650 for phone calls but not texting. Still looking forward to a day I can use the Bold to tether for wireless network. I have tethering enabled on my account so I use it for my laptop. Doesn't make sense to Ad-hoc network and use the TP if I am already using the laptop though.
    I think that the issues we are having with the freeTether version 1.1.2 is that it was design to work on a cell phone not on the touchpad.
    If a new version is design specifically for the touchpad it should work with no problem.
    Right now it looks like we are using the touchpad as a cell phone to connect to another cell phone. Thats is why that it would dial but no sound and also file transfer will also work.
    It will be great if someone update FreeTether for the Touchpad!
    These are the services that the Touchpad is providing to my windows PC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    you should correct your statement in the original post that webOS phones have "no success". Webos users have been forwarding calls to and from pixi/pre/pre2/veer since day one with the touchpad, and the setup is actually very simple. It is only the texting that has not worked (only the pre 3/veer support this at the moment)

well, i was referring to using this method specifically. i know its possible with others, but there are other threads for that

if anyone has been able to use method with a webOS phone, please let us know.
    Just want to add, that I was very easily able to pair my unlocked Pre2 to the TP no problems. Fine for calls but unless it gets WebOS 2.2 then SMS will never work.
    Sickness273 likes this.
    I got calls to work with my undoctered Touchpad and my wp7 Lg quantum. texts didnt work. My moms blackberry torch worked perfectly the first time connecting. It mysteriously stopped working later
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Just want to add, that I was very easily able to pair my unlocked Pre2 to the TP no problems. Fine for calls but unless it gets WebOS 2.2 then SMS will never work.
    This.

And the method documented in this thread works for all webOS phones at the moment.. (I tried sickness's method with my pre2 and Pixi plus and both connected successfully), but texting is only supported on the pre3.

All tests were done on an undoctored touchpad.

EDIT: after some research it seems that only the pre3 supports text forwarding. The veer and pre2 will only support this after they are upgraded to webOS 2.2 if ever
    Last edited by wbussing; 09/02/2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schro View Post
    Is anyone else getting complaints from people they talk to about an echo? Everyone I've talked to via the TP says their voice is echoing back.

(This is via a Droid X2).
    The echo is their voice blaring from the TouchPad's speaker being heard through your phones microphone. Its a common problem with devices or computers that don't have echo cancellation software to mute the microphone when you are not speaking. At the moment I think this tethering hack is more trouble then what its worth. If the webOS Internals team makes a patch to get it working correctly I might use it. But great work none the less to the OP.
    For those of you that missed it somehow, I have SMS texting working 100% from android phone to TP using DeskSMS. Able to receive AND send from the TP, and there's no extra characters, yellow triangles, or error messages.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...e-working.html
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    ok, sorry for the confusion. i updated the post
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast