Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubskey View Post
    Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7) , I have calls working but no text. It won't let me select my phone in the messaging preferences, it greys it out. I don't have a phone icon next to my phones profile in the Bluetooth settings. It has a Bluetooth icon. I'm figuring that's why I'm not getting text, it doesn't think its a phone. Also it only pulls my facebook contacts with numbers, doesn't pull my phones contacts.
    the TP doesnt need to specificly "listen" a phone signal specificly.

once it receives and signal of a text message (which is essentially the same across MAP BT phones), it directs it to the messaging app.
    there is no phone icon. it will be a BT logo

keep wi-fi off until fully paired, and do a doctoring first if you havent
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjpopp View Post
    Droid 2 Global -
    My thought right now is TP can not use Droid's Verizon network for data unless TCP/IP is set correctly on both devices.
    as far as i know, all BT/MAP signals for phone calling/text messaging are at a standard.
    if they werent, everyone would need a specific GPS device to pair in their car, or a specific BT connector to get hands-free talking in the car.

the TP has no access to your network connection. only BT
    (i believe thats correct)
    eh, no idea what happened but my phone can no longer find my Touchpad.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    eh, no idea what happened but my phone can no longer find my Touchpad.
    that has happened to be when i began testing freeTether and my phone.
    was also before i got the right method and pattern correct.

this is when a doctoring is needed due to a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    If it did transfer over, try using internalz pro to look in all of the possible directories for it.
    Tried Internalz. No luck.

Put the TP in USB mode, and did a complete search, under Win7 (including for System file). No luck.

The Touchpad is showing up under my BT Profiles as "Audio"/Phone, so I wonder IF its even receiving the file my Captivate is sending.

Captivate shows that it is sending it, but twice now, when I have "sent" a file, there has been no "acknowledgement" from the Touchpad, which leads me to believe that the file was never really "received" by the Touchpad.

Guess the TP needs more BT Profiles. BUT this is a start....
    I was able to pair and make calls with a Verizon lg vn250. No text messages though.
    So for data, TP needs a BT profile for data connectivity?

(sorry to be stupid, but in the case BT does stand for Bluetooth and not British Telecom, correct?)

So the purpose of using BT with a TP and your phone is.... ? Making the TP a large speakerphone?
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjpopp View Post
    So for data, TP needs a BT profile for data connectivity?

(sorry to be stupid, but in the case BT does stand for Bluetooth and not British Telecom, correct?)

So the purpose of using BT with a TP and your phone is.... ? Making the TP a large speakerphone?
    when i say data, im referring to having an internet connection on your TP via Bluetooth. data between the phone and TP is possible, but it's unknown how to access it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jleeiscool View Post
    ALSO... is it possible to receive calls through touchpad? no right? because it didnt work for me.
    yes you can

I get calls to my TP when someone calls my iphone 3gs
    Sickness273 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    I don't think it does
    rumour has it BT MAP will be included in IOS5
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Got my Samsung Gravity T to pair without a doctor but only calls. I don't know if a doctor would allow texts as well. I can't try right now because I'm out of town. Can anyone confirm that a doctor would allow texting if my calling works right now?

Thank!!
    pairing (even automatic re-paring after restart) with my samsung galaxy s2 with android 2.3.3 stock rom works great. messaging works but calling is not working. got a message on my TP that the connection and calling is not possible and i should try it with my phone. but the phone dials the number i dialed on the TP but i cant hear anything. pairing still works with freetether uninstalled when my phone remembers the name of the TP. then i can pair without freetether. the icon shown in my phone next to the name of the TP is a earphone. does somebody know why messaging is working and calling is not working?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh View Post
    Exact same phenomenon here - LG VM670 (optimus V).
    Optimus V here also. Except I can receive calls on the Touchpad, just can't make them. When I try to make a call on the touchpad, I get a "unable to connect, Calls cannot be placed through this device.."
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben00 View Post
    Got the same on my Iphone 3GS, so I did the following:

1)Disable bluetooth
    2)close out and reopen freethether
    3)turn on bluetooth tethering
    4)from your phone, find the touchpad via your bluetooth device scan
    5)attempt to connect (it will fail with the message above)
    6)put freetether in the background and open up "Bluetooth" in the "Settings" launcher Tab (dont do anything)
    7)from your phone, attempt to connect again, you will get a button at the bottom telling you if you want to accept the connection, click yes
    8)done, you should be paired

Confirmed Pairing to be working with Iphone 3GS on 4.3.3 (Phonecalls, No Text), Blackberry Bold 9650 (No Phonecalls, Text are blocked so I cant test that), Samsung Infuse (Calls work, the phone dials the call as typed in the TP, but but then it fails to connect/use the TP as heaset, No Text)
    First - This is great and absolutely worked on my UN-jail-broke iPhone 3GS. I was finally able to pair between it and the HP TP via BT. My goal for this was to use my cell phone data package to tether with the HP TP and get on the internet. Unfortunately I keep getting "Error No Internet Connection". I upgraded my cell plan w/ AT&T for tethering two days ago so I could do this. Are those of you tethering your TP using it for data or just to make calls? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    If it did transfer over, try using internalz pro to look in all of the possible directories for it.
    I transferred a file (image) from a BlackBerry 8530 too the TP. Found the photo in the /tmp directory with internalz Pro
    hmm. i just tried this, forgot to turn off wi-fi before doing it, but it paired successfully, and i am able to make calls, however, it doesn't appear to be using the speakers/mic on the touchpad. can't figure out how to do the texting thing.

Also, the call app has a "Unknown number Call in progress (8:23:..) counting upwards, even though there is no call in progress. It was like that before I even started a call.

I disconnected everything, and tried again, and I'm able to make and receive calls, but the audio isn't actually going to the touchpad. When I forward audio from the phone to the bluetooth, it cuts out on the phone, but does not end up on the touchpad. I have used this phone with a bluetooth earpiece before, so I'm pretty sure that that function works on the phone itself.

Phone is an LG Rumor (yeah original one).
    Last edited by eblade; 09/02/2011 at 03:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ok I have Htc Desire HD (DHD)

TP not fresh doctored running F4 with all patches.

Can make 1 call after first BT connect but no audio on the TP, then after that TP reports cannot be done.

Can receive calls but have to select TP on the BT audio menu of the DHD dialer screen.

No text support, just greyed out on the TP selection screen with no way to select the DHD

Currently using the DeskSMS method for text support.

Would like to know from someone who fresh doctors what results they get with their Desire HD
    I tried this without doctoring..... was able to finally get my iPhone 4 paired. Phone calling worked, however no text. Lets keep this going!!! Ive been searching for this solution for a few weeks now!!!! We are soooo close.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncampanale View Post
    I transferred a file (image) from a BlackBerry 8530 too the TP. Found the photo in the /tmp directory with internalz Pro
    Bingo. Found them. Guess I didnt scroll down in /TMP :-)

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    Bingo. Found them. Guess I didnt scroll down in /TMP :-)

Thanks.
    Yeah, all the bluetooth files come in /tmp folder. But they get deleted after reboot. Be sure to copy those files in some other folder. Also, you can't delete the files in /tmp folder manually; they get deleted only after reboot automatically.
    junoty1 likes this.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast