Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 489
Like Tree71Likes
  1. #121  
    To those concerned about doing this on a pre 2 (and other legacy webOS devices I'd assume)

    I don't think we'll be seeing this feature without an update to our phones.. Previously I made a statement about not seeing the point of doctoring the Touchpad.. This was the thread I had in mind.

    Linked is a comment from HardBeatz regarding older webOS devices and the MAP bluetooth profile.

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3012740
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I'll wait until someone successful pairs the TP with a FrankenPre 2, then I'll doctor my TP. Although, I would just hope that webos-internals gets a meta-doctor 2.2 out for our phones.
    This.
  3. Snooty's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #123  
    Working with my iPhone 4. The volume seems obnoxiously loud and adjusting the volume settings doesnt seem to do anything. Anyone else notice that?
  4.    #124  
    - Added Known Issues, and which cell phones do and do not work on first page.

    please post your phone model wheater or not you had success. the more information, the better.
    Last edited by Sickness273; 09/01/2011 at 10:13 PM.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooty View Post
    Working with my iPhone 4. The volume seems obnoxiously loud and adjusting the volume settings doesnt seem to do anything. Anyone else notice that?
    have you tried chaning volume from your iPhone?
    i know thats a stupid question, but i do not know how to get around that right now.
  6. #126  
    Calls are working, Texting unfortunately not.
  7. #127  
    I was able to get my Samsung restore connected but neither the text or voice calls work. the phone recognizes the TP as a handsfree device but it dose not send or receive anything to the TP. The TP can not connect to the device for the voice calls. I was able to get this far without a fresh install of webOS and wile leaving the wi-fi on.

    My steps were this:
    turn off bluetooth
    open Freeteather and turn on BT paring
    search on the phone for a new device
    open BT manager on TP
    initiate paring from phone
    accept paring on TP

    Not sure if the limitation is my phone or not. I think I will try to doctor my TP tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

    Update:
    tested with Samsung Eternity and a Samsung M330. Both could make voice calls but no text.
    Last edited by pempey; 09/01/2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: update
  8. vdubskey's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #128  
    Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7) , I have calls working but no text. It won't let me select my phone in the messaging preferences, it greys it out. I don't have a phone icon next to my phones profile in the Bluetooth settings. It has a Bluetooth icon. I'm figuring that's why I'm not getting text, it doesn't think its a phone. Also it only pulls my facebook contacts with numbers, doesn't pull my phones contacts.
  9. #129  
    Calls working on my iPhone 4 on iOS 5b7, no texts
  10. mitsueks's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #130  
    I have the EVO3D working for text but no calls
  11. #131  
    I can't seem to get it working right with Samsung Vibrant (CM7 ROM) it pairs, it connects. It almost works, the touchpad sends the call to my phone and my phone dials the number but the Touchpad will not pickup the audio and finally says it cannot connect or something . I've tried messing with small amount of settings there are and nothing seems to work. I have not doctored my TP (and I will not) I'm also overclocked and patched- I suppose the odds were against me from the start.
  12. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #132  
    So I just tried it without doctoring and it is mostly working with my Evo3D. When I just synced sms they worked normally both ways. Then when I synced my phone for calls, sms now says Error on my TP and Pending on my phone but it does still send\receive.
    Phone calls are pretty loud at the lowest setting so I would just assume not use my TP for calls except for Skype.
    How do I unsync just the phone from my TP? I am very happy about just texting and it seemed to work proper before I synced my phone calls.
    Last edited by Freshyz; 09/02/2011 at 12:41 AM.
    Everybody wants some!..
  13. #133  
    Photon here. Calls great. I receive texts but can't text out. Did not wipe touchpad bf pairing.

    does anyone know if HP's original plan was to have them WiFi sync so they could share texts sent and received when not connected by bluetooth?
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    it pairs, it connects. It almost works, the touchpad sends the call to my phone and my phone dials the number but the Touchpad will not pickup the audio and finally says it cannot connect.
    Exact same phenomenon here - LG VM670 (optimus V).
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
  15. #135  
    WORKING now on a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) on ATT.

    And I can even transfer a file (a photo I took) from my Phone to my Touchpad, BUT I have *NO* way of knowing WHERE it landed on the Touchpad, and/or how to find/view it.

    The file (a JPEG) did transfer, and I got confirmation, but it must have "landed" in some directory that the Touchpad doesnt look for JPEGS in.

    I guess WebOS doesnt scan for "Media" automatically, like Android does.

    Any suggestions on this?
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    WORKING now on a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) on ATT.

    And I can even transfer a file (a photo I took) from my Phone to my Touchpad, BUT I have *NO* way of knowing WHERE it landed on the Touchpad, and/or how to find/view it.

    The file (a JPEG) did transfer, and I got confirmation, but it must have "landed" in some directory that the Touchpad doesnt look for JPEGS in.

    I guess WebOS doesnt scan for "Media" automatically, like Android does.

    Any suggestions on this?

    If it did transfer over, try using internalz pro to look in all of the possible directories for it.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh View Post
    Exact same phenomenon here - LG VM670 (optimus V).
    Hey I just found out something really interesting. I dialed a call from my phone and it worked.

    Try that, let me know how it goes.


    Edit* hmmm I can't even get it to work again haha.

    Seems to only work right after connecting to my phone

    Very, very strange. It will continue to work right after I pair and connect but once I try and dial through the TP it seems to break whatever connection it had going.

    WORKING now on a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) on ATT.

    And I can even transfer a file (a photo I took) from my Phone to my Touchpad, BUT I have *NO* way of knowing WHERE it landed on the Touchpad, and/or how to find/view it.

    The file (a JPEG) did transfer, and I got confirmation, but it must have "landed" in some directory that the Touchpad doesnt look for JPEGS in.

    I guess WebOS doesnt scan for "Media" automatically, like Android does.

    Any suggestions on this?
    did you do anything special?
    Last edited by finecismad; 09/01/2011 at 11:16 PM.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    Hey I just found out something really interesting. I dialed a call from my phone and it worked.

    Try that, let me know how it goes.


    Edit* hmmm I can't even get it to work again haha.

    Seems to only work right after connecting to my phone

    Very, very strange. It will continue to work right after I pair and connect but once I try and dial through the TP it seems to break whatever connection it had going.



    did you do anything special?
    try going into Bluetooth and deleteing your phone from the list of device. (slide the name off the screen, hit delete)
    then goto your phone and click Pair. your TP will pick up from "Yes, connect"
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    I can't seem to get it working right with Samsung Vibrant (CM7 ROM) it pairs, it connects. It almost works, the touchpad sends the call to my phone and my phone dials the number but the Touchpad will not pickup the audio and finally says it cannot connect or something . I've tried messing with small amount of settings there are and nothing seems to work. I have not doctored my TP (and I will not) I'm also overclocked and patched- I suppose the odds were against me from the start.
    it's not a huge hassle to doctor. patches and apps can be reinstalled, and if theyre official apps, they reinstall themselves.
    otherwise i cant give any support to non-doctor users since it's known to cause trouble.
  20. #140  
    Droid 2 Global -

    Tethered using instructions from here. Was able to make 1 call where my TP was a giant speakerphone. Call was placed via Droid, not TP. Several attempts to link worked but was not getting sound - just able to turn bluetooth on or off as a connection type in Droid dialer.

    Have gotten no data connection yet between Droid and TP. Trying out various Bluetooth apps on Droid with TCP/IP settings made in freeTether. Will keep trying and will post results.

    My thought right now is TP can not use Droid's Verizon network for data unless TCP/IP is set correctly on both devices. freeTether is set for 192.168.100.1 for gateway by default.

    Have tried Barnacle app on Droid with no luck. Was about to try Open Garden on Droid when TP froze up.
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions