Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I have been looking for a way to enable MAP on the Iphone but have had no success. There's a Cydia app BTStack that enables other advanced Bluetooth features but not MAP yet.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    This has probably been posted elsewhere, because I found it somewhere on the web.... If you want another answer on how to receive calls (and you use Google voice...) you can get a phone number from Skype and add the Skype number to your Google Voice account as a number to ring when your regular cell number is dialed. Then, your Touchpad will ring along with the any other number you have programed in Google Voice. Since Skype supports text messages, I assume that it would work for that as well, though I havent verified the text part. I successfully use this sollution for calls. Just another solution to solve the problem in the short term...
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    Haven't had any luck getting the texting to work with my verizon Pre 2. Its almost like the TP knows its not supposed to text w/ this phone. Bah. I'm about to hit up Richard Kerris on twitter
    Did you try with a doctored TP?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    First off, amazing work! Looking forward to trying this.
    Q: Is doctoring my TP critical before attempting this or just recommended?
    i would say yes, it is.
    even when you uninstall patches or apps, most leave behind atleast a small hint that they were there.
    I tried for a long time trying to do this until i decided to doctor it.

any time you do something like this (which is testy enough as it is), you should always do it on a clean device.
    Cool, unfortunately for me the last rom I installed my phone is well, I'm not gonna be rude but Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working. So guess what I have to do now? Back to stock I suppose. Weak sauce. BTW what happens if I uninstall Free Tether?
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by webosisnewtome View Post
    This has probably been posted elsewhere, because I found it somewhere on the web.... If you want another answer on how to receive calls (and you use Google voice...) you can get a phone number from Skype and add the Skype number to your Google Voice account as a number to ring when your regular cell number is dialed. Then, your Touchpad will ring along with the any other number you have programed in Google Voice. Since Skype supports text messages, I assume that it would work for that as well, though I havent verified the text part. I successfully use this sollution for calls. Just another solution to solve the problem in the short term...
    yes, that's correct. but Skype costs a bit of money.
    but not too many people want to pay a Skype bill ontop of a cell phone bill.
    also, Skype on the TP is wi-fi only. so after you leave the house, youre out.

still true though and that probobly would work
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    Cool, unfortunately for me the last rom I installed my phone is well, I'm not gonna be rude but Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working. So guess what I have to do now? Back to stock I suppose. Weak sauce. BTW what happens if I uninstall Free Tether?
    what you will have to do is continue playing with the settings to find the right combonation. as as ive said many times, this is primarily a proof of concept, but may work for you

if you uninstall freeTether, youll lose the ability to let your TP and phone talk to eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickness273 View Post
    what you will have to do is continue playing with the settings to find the right combonation. as as ive said many times, this is primarily a proof of concept, but may work for you

if you uninstall freeTether, youll lose the ability to let your TP and phone talk to eachother.
    alright good to know!
    do webos phones need to be freshly doctored as well?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    For those of you able to text message from you phones, what type of device is your phone setup as under the BlueTooth App on the TouchPad?

Does it have a keyboard icon next to the name of your phone? a Bluetooth Icon? Something different?
    the TP has built in tethering support for the newer Pre's. the problem was that the TP does not have a code to search for any phone. it only searches for webOS devices.
    freeTether gives your TP the ability to be discoverd by almost anything.

and whatever your device is listed as (Audio, or Other) it shouldnt not prevent anything. (provided your phone is sending out a message to begin with)
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    do webos phones need to be freshly doctored as well?
    the requirement to doing a doctoring isnt to allow more than just webOS devices.
    the reason is, you need a clean webOS install to remove any other files lieing around. - which could prevent you for getting this to work
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Did you try with a doctored TP?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    No, I did not try this after doctoring my touchpad. I'm very happy with the way my touchpad is right now.. Although I would love to help.. I'm in no mood to doctor my TP at the moment and to be honest.. Don't see how it would help.

perhaps I can be convinced otherwise
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You would think there would be an easy way to message WITH WebOS phones (like the Pre, for instance). Anyone been working on that? I can connect just fine; would be nice to be able to message.
    right now, the priority is allowing BT to work with almost every phone - including older Pre's.

but for now, attention is on non-webOS phones.
    i would say yes, it is.
    even when you uninstall patches or apps, most leave behind atleast a small hint that they were there.
    I tried for a long time trying to do this until i decided to doctor it.

any time you do something like this (which is testy enough as it is), you should always do it on a clean device.
    perhaps I have been convinced. Does anyone know if the pre2 supports this Bluetooth MAP protocol?? That seems to be the deciding factor regarding the text message forwarding
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmytp View Post
    on my g2 it finds the touchpad, but says it can pair because of a wrong passkey, but a passkey never shows up on the touchpad.. =\
    maybe I'll try a different rom..
    the reason for that is becaue the TP isnt set to automatically open the Bluetooth window upon a pairing request. it has to be done manually.

step-by-step video shows you exaclty how to fix that problem for most phones.
    check the first post
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    No, I did not try this after doctoring my touchpad. I'm very happy with the way my touchpad is right now.. Although I would love to help.. I'm in no mood to doctor my TP at the moment and to be honest.. Don't see how it would help.

perhaps I can be convinced otherwise
    without doctoring, your TP will be littered with custom codes and patches. i havent been able to get tether working on a non-doctored TP. only a fresh one
    without doctoring, your TP will be littered with custom codes and patches. i havent been able to get tether working on a non-doctored TP. only a fresh one
    I am able to Bluetooth tether just fine for phone calls. Unfortunately, the texting still works the way it worked on the first day that I got my touchpad.. Not at all.

As a webOS user I've been able to do the things that others are doing since day one.. Excluding the select few who are able to forward text messages
    Paired it with my Droid 1, no text or anything. Can basically use my tp as a headset.

It's a bummer, but more a limitation of my phone than anything else.
    I'll wait until someone successful pairs the TP with a FrankenPre 2, then I'll doctor my TP. Although, I would just hope that webos-internals gets a meta-doctor 2.2 out for our phones.
    Sprint Love
    Psychonaut and ght like this.
    anyone paired with a pre plus already?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)