Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 489
Like Tree71Likes
  1. pibrahim's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #81  
    I think ruben00 is right about MAP profile. Looks like Windows Phone 7 doesn't currently support it (Bluetooth profiles supported by Windows Phone) and so no amount of fiddling is gonna get SMS working on phones that don't support MAP over bluetooth...
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1977 View Post
    thank you Sickness273 for your answer ! However I had set up as required the Auto BT Tether, but it has no effect , even if I let it in background. I tried to move far from the phone, the connection broke, then I came back and the connection didn't pop up back ...
    One thing is strange : in freetether, in the connection tab, it is written "no device connected" even if the BT connection is active. Is it normal ?
    ive only had one issue with my bluetooth connection, and it was reconnecting after being disconnected for being out of range. Auto BT fixed that though.
    if you go out of range, then come back within range and your TP is disconnected, open the quickmenu at the top right (that shows screen brightness, battery, etc) and tap Bluetooth, then select your phone. it should have the history of previously connected devices and youll see a blue checkmark.
    other than that, i'm afraid i cant help you right now about that.

    as for "No device connected", yes, thats normal. mine shows as no device too.
    Last edited by Sickness273; 09/01/2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: **forgot one thing
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by pibrahim View Post
    I think ruben00 is right about MAP profile. Looks like Windows Phone 7 doesn't currently support it (Bluetooth profiles supported by Windows Phone) and so no amount of fiddling is gonna get SMS working on phones that don't support MAP over bluetooth...
    I'd have to assume that the Epic 4G doesn't support MAP either then.
  4. #84  
    Here's a text version of the youtube video instructions. Its not word for word and I am not offering any explanations of the OP's work. I'm just trying to offer a text version to a make it easier to see the instructions laid out. I highly advise watching the video first and then using this to see the outline of the steps. As the OP stated in the video, follow these steps EXACTLY


    This requires the "freeTether" app to be installed and running at all times in the background, after it is launched. It should not be closed for any reasons until your phone and Touchpad are paired. Otherwise a Doctor/Full erase is the only way I know to be able to start over. After that it can be closed and does not have to be reopened after device restarts but always keep it installed.

    BLUETOOTH TETHERING: Setting it up correctly

    1. Be sure to have webOS 3.0.2
    2. Turn and keep wifi OFF for now
    3. Open free tether
    4. Enable "auto BT Tether from "general prefs"
    5. Enable "PAN profile from bluetooth prefs
    6. Turn BT ON from freeTether

    I'm not sure if steps 4 and 5 need to be done before 6 or after 6. It's not clear in the video but it seems that this was already enabled before he turned bluetooth on from freeTether.


    7. goto you mobile phone and open your BT settings
    8. select whichever option allows you to search for BTdevices. Do not pair them yet. Set the phone aside for now.
    10. Go to the TP and open the BT menu
    11. do not tap add device
    12. On phone select the TP to pair with
    13. On the TP tap "yes, allow"
    14. tap "yes, connect"
    15. select accept on your phone or whatever the equivalent is on your phone
    16. Pairing should be successful after this step
    17. phone then asks the OP to give his device a personal name (optional)
    18. The phone then says "HP touchpad 3.0.2 added to your trusted device list
    19. Wifi may now be turned on again and you may close the freeTether app and you use your device as normal but do not uninstall it.
    20. Touchpad shows it is connected to the LG Rumor Touch phone in the notifications bar.

    These are the basic instructions for setup. The video then goes on to show both using the TP to place a call through his phone and visa versa.

    BLUETOOTH Tethering: Sending and Receiving text messages on the HP Touchpad.

    1. Verify your TP is connected to your phone by swiping down from the top left corner and selecting preferences.
    2. TP should say "Your device is connected with your phone. You can send & receive text messages through your phone connection"
    3. tap "send and recieve messages" or tap "Done" at the bottom

    Video goes on to show text messages being received on the phone and TP
    Sickness273 and kahmeal like this.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben00 View Post
    the people who can do sms probably have MAP BT Profile

    here are some written instructions to go along with the video, OP feel free to copy and paste in your original post

    1)Disable Bluetooth
    2)restart touchpad
    3)open freethether
    4)turn on bluetooth tethering
    5)from your phone, find the touchpad via your bluetooth device scan
    6)attempt to connect (it will fail but that's ok)
    7)put freetether in the background and open up "Bluetooth" in the "Settings" launcher Tab (dont do anything)
    8)from your phone, attempt to connect again, you will get a button at the bottom telling you if you want to accept the connection, click yes
    8)done, you should be paired

    close out the settings tab and even freetether, you can even turn on WiFi

    calls work with most phones (I think they need to have Hands free protocol)
    sms works if you have MAP protocol I believe

    test and post back for the rest of please :-)
    Thanks!
    Sickness273 likes this.
  6. #86  
    using iphone4. Calls work great. Sms does not work. In the messages app on touchpad, my phone does not show as connected like in the video

    iphone does not support MAP right ?
    Last edited by berger34; 09/01/2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Sickness273 likes this.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Here's a text version of the youtube video instructions. Its not word for word and I am not offering any explanations of the OP's work. I'm just trying to offer a text version to a make it easier to see the instructions laid out. I highly advise watching the video first and then using this to see the outline of the steps. As the OP stated in the video, follow these steps EXACTLY


    This requires the "freeTether" app to be installed and running at all times in the background, after it is launched. It should not be closed for any reasons until your phone and Touchpad are paired. Otherwise a Doctor/Full erase is the only way I know to be able to start over. After that it can be closed and does not have to be reopened after device restarts but always keep it installed.

    BLUETOOTH TETHERING: Setting it up correctly

    1. Be sure to have webOS 3.0.2
    2. Turn and keep wifi OFF for now
    3. Open free tether
    4. Enable "auto BT Tether from "general prefs"
    5. Enable "PAN profile from bluetooth prefs
    6. Turn BT ON from freeTether

    I'm not sure if steps 4 and 5 need to be done before 6 or after 6. It's not clear in the video but it seems that this was already enabled before he turned bluetooth on from freeTether.


    7. goto you mobile phone and open your BT settings
    8. select whichever option allows you to search for BTdevices. Do not pair them yet. Set the phone aside for now.
    10. Go to the TP and open the BT menu
    11. do not tap add device
    12. On phone select the TP to pair with
    13. On the TP tap "yes, allow"
    14. tap "yes, connect"
    15. select accept on your phone or whatever the equivalent is on your phone
    16. Pairing should be successful after this step
    17. phone then asks the OP to give his device a personal name (optional)
    18. The phone then says "HP touchpad 3.0.2 added to your trusted device list
    19. Wifi may now be turned on again and you may close the freeTether app and you use your device as normal but do not uninstall it.
    20. Touchpad shows it is connected to the LG Rumor Touch phone in the notifications bar.

    These are the basic instructions for setup. The video then goes on to show both using the TP to place a call through his phone and visa versa.

    BLUETOOTH Tethering: Sending and Receiving text messages on the HP Touchpad.

    1. Verify your TP is connected to your phone by swiping down from the top left corner and selecting preferences.
    2. TP should say "Your device is connected with your phone. You can send & receive text messages through your phone connection"
    3. tap "send and recieve messages" or tap "Done" at the bottom

    Video goes on to show text messages being received on the phone and TP
    thanks for that. i'll try and work it into my main post a little later tonight. creds to you.

    but yes, it is much better to watch the video first, and only use this for reference.
  8. funb0b's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #88  
    Originally Posted by ruben00 View Post
    the people who can do sms probably have MAP BT Profile

    here are some written instructions to go along with the video, OP feel free to copy and paste in your original post


    1)Disable Bluetooth & WiFi
    2)restart touchpad
    3)open freethether
    4)turn on bluetooth tethering
    5)from your phone, find the touchpad via your bluetooth device scan
    6)attempt to connect (it will fail but that's ok)
    7)put freetether in the background and open up "Bluetooth" in the "Settings" launcher Tab (dont do anything)
    8)from your phone, attempt to connect again, you will get a button at the bottom telling you if you want to accept the connection, click yes
    8)done, you should be paired

    close out the settings tab and even freetether, you can even turn on WiFi

    calls work with most phones (I think they need to have Hands free protocol)
    sms works if you have MAP protocol I believe

    test and post back for the rest of please :-)

    ***Added Wifi To No.1*** Just for clarity :-)
  9. #89  
    Connected and paired with a Thunderbolt. Calls placed from the phone turned the TP into a giant speakerphone, vice versa; got an error message. Messaging; I have not tried the Android kludge described in post #39 yet.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by berger34 View Post
    using iphone4. Calls work great. Sms does not work. In the messages app on touchpad, my phone does not show as connected like in the video

    iphone does not support MAP right ?
    Just tested this also - voice calls work perfectly with the iPhone 4 as you have stated. SMS won't work - Apples fault ;-)

    Strange seeing them connected together...

    Shane.
    Last edited by shanelord; 09/01/2011 at 07:13 PM.
    Sickness273 likes this.
  11. Gary86's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by berger34 View Post
    using iphone4. Calls work great. Sms does not work. In the messages app on touchpad, my phone does not show as connected like in the video

    iphone does not support MAP right ?
    I don't think it does
  12. #92  
    ok update. receiving calls works on Nexus S 4G. Messaging not so much though. But still...pretty friggin sweet!
    Sickness273 likes this.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by pibrahim View Post
    So after a bit of playing around, I finally got it to pair with my Dell Venue Pro (Windows Phone 7). I can make and receive calls fine. However, if I go to the Messaging app then Preferences/Accounts, it simply tells me that I can use messaging if I have a webOS phone - if I click the button below, it simply takes me back to the bluetooth screen with no apparent way to select the phone for SMS purposes. Is that the same problem most other people are having?
    I have an HD7S running 7720.68. Cant seem to get mine paired up. Are you running nodo?


    EDIT.

    after restarting both devices and following this I can make calls from my HD7S over BT. Messaging is still a no go, but that seems to be a windows phone issue.
    Last edited by Garage91; 09/01/2011 at 07:32 PM.
  14. #94  
    ok first let me say thank you for coming up with this solution. I managed to pair my LG lx 370 (super dumb phone) but with one major difference.

    the only way I got it to work was by not enabling PAN profile. Actually, I had to disable it as it was enabled by default. When I had it enabled, the phone could not find the touchpad. After many tries I said f it and was prepared to doctor if necessary but was pleasantly surprised with the results. I got calls to work but have not tried txt yet.

    please do not do what I did unless you are desperate and prepared to deal with the consequences.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by supamanasteel View Post
    No luck with Nexus S 4G. I can get the devices to pair, but texting and calling are a nogo. I try to make a call, and i get an error msg saying there is a problem and to try to call thru the phone. Texts wont work. Device asks me to connect to a phone.
    Same for me on a Thunderbolt.
  16. #96  
    Has anyone gotten this (texting mainly) to work with the Pre 2 (franken)? I've tried it a couple times and have had no luck, but I haven't doctored.
    Sprint Love
  17. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #97  
    First off, amazing work! Looking forward to trying this.
    Q: Is doctoring my TP critical before attempting this or just recommended?
    Sickness273 likes this.
  18. #98  
    just tried this with my blackberry bold 9780

    calls working fine you can call out and receive calls on it a-ok

    texting doesnt work though, you can send texts but not receive them

    but its still very good to have this! hopefully texting gets sorted!
  19. #99  
    Haven't had any luck getting the texting to work with my verizon Pre 2. Its almost like the TP knows its not supposed to text w/ this phone. Bah. I'm about to hit up Richard Kerris on twitter
  20. #100  
    So sms forwarding will not work with the Pre2 because it does not have the correct MAP profile?
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions