Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    anyone tried this with any of the phones that this feature was originally designed for?? A webOS phone? More specifically a webOS phone *not running 2.2 (pre3). Been waiting for this feature since HP announced the concept
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So after a bit of playing around, I finally got it to pair with my Dell Venue Pro (Windows Phone 7). I can make and receive calls fine. However, if I go to the Messaging app then Preferences/Accounts, it simply tells me that I can use messaging if I have a webOS phone - if I click the button below, it simply takes me back to the bluetooth screen with no apparent way to select the phone for SMS purposes. Is that the same problem most other people are having?
    Paired my Epic 4G and it works for calls. Haven't tested the SMS yet, but will do soon.

Test this, but no go, no SMS are coming through to the TP.
    Last edited by DaveInFL; 09/01/2011 at 05:29 PM.
    Sickness273 likes this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    HP Touchpad wont show up on my Iphone4... any solution?
    hi ! Is there a way to establish an automatic connection between TP and phone ?
    On my Iphone3G I have to manually reconnect to the TP each time after a "break" (coming back from job for instance), whereas in my car the radio automatically connects to the phone (kinda bluetooth permanent listening)
    Thank you for the tip if it exists, and thank you for the video which is cool !

PS Nice phone calls, but fail to do some messenging
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    NVM just hooked it up to iPhone 4.... but it seems like connection is really bad when calling someone... it keeps breaking up
    wilsonlam97 likes this.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    For those of you able to text message from you phones, what type of device is your phone setup as under the BlueTooth App on the TouchPad?

Does it have a keyboard icon next to the name of your phone? a Bluetooth Icon? Something different?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1977 View Post
    hi ! Is there a way to establish an automatic connection between TP and phone ?
    On my Iphone3G I have to manually reconnect to the TP each time after a "break" (coming back from job for instance), whereas in my car the radio automatically connects to the phone (kinda bluetooth permanent listening)
    Thank you for the tip if it exists, and thank you for the video which is cool !

PS Nice phone calls, but fail to do some messenging
    yes, you need to go into Prefs in freeTether, and select General Prefs, then enable AUTO BT TETHER. please re-watch the video. annotations and that information was added.
    well i've managed to connect directly from TP to iphone, and not fromiphone only to TP ... Still wondering if the operation can become automatic ...
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by jleeiscool View Post
    NVM just hooked it up to iPhone 4.... but it seems like connection is really bad when calling someone... it keeps breaking up
    as for the TP, there should be no problem with quality after youre connected. any problem like that would be on your iPhones' end. only reason i could think of it a lot of interference? unless it's a faulty iPhone and/or TP. other than that, I honestly dont know why your call quality would be bad.

could even be your cell phone thats giving the bad quality; not the bluetooth.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1977 View Post
    well i've managed to connect directly from TP to iphone, and not fromiphone only to TP ... Still wondering if the operation can become automatic ...
    (copied from above)

yes, you need to go into Prefs in freeTether, and select General Prefs, then enable AUTO BT TETHER. please re-watch the video. annotations and that information was added.
    No luck with Nexus S 4G. I can get the devices to pair, but texting and calling are a nogo. I try to make a call, and i get an error msg saying there is a problem and to try to call thru the phone. Texts wont work. Device asks me to connect to a phone.
    Texts don't work on a Samsung Epic 4G either, at least not for me. Did everything as per the YouTube vid. When I go to Prefs & accts in the messaging app it is like it doesn't recognise that my phone is connected.
  14.    #74  
    getting this to work may require a lot of commitment.
    like i said, this is primarily a proof of concept video. but at the same time, a lot of other people have been able to get this working for them too.

i did this on a freshly doctored TouchPad, and a clear bluetooth profile on my LG Rumor Touch.
    in most cases, everyone can enable bluetooth calling this way without a problem. but text messaging requires a bit of fiddleing with the settings.

i did not installl any other apps except for Preware, freeTether, and Govnah (with UberKernel).
    What are the other bits of fiddling to get text messaging to work then? And what settings exactly?

I have not installed Govnah or a kernel yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    For those of you able to text message from you phones, what type of device is your phone setup as under the BlueTooth App on the TouchPad?

Does it have a keyboard icon next to the name of your phone? a Bluetooth Icon? Something different?
    the people who can do sms probably have MAP BT Profile

here are some written instructions to go along with the video, OP feel free to copy and paste in your original post

1)Disable Bluetooth
    2)restart touchpad
    3)open freethether
    4)turn on bluetooth tethering
    5)from your phone, find the touchpad via your bluetooth device scan
    6)attempt to connect (it will fail but that's ok)
    7)put freetether in the background and open up "Bluetooth" in the "Settings" launcher Tab (dont do anything)
    8)from your phone, attempt to connect again, you will get a button at the bottom telling you if you want to accept the connection, click yes
    8)done, you should be paired

close out the settings tab and even freetether, you can even turn on WiFi

calls work with most phones (I think they need to have Hands free protocol)
    sms works if you have MAP protocol I believe

test and post back for the rest of please :-)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    ALSO... is it possible to receive calls through touchpad? no right? because it didnt work for me.
  18.    #78  
    i added a little bit more information for people having trouble to the main post.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    What are the other bits of fiddling to get text messaging to work then? And what settings exactly?

I have not installed Govnah or a kernel yet.
    you could search through your phone and its bluetooth settings to see what options you can switch. but i cant tell you exactly what settings you can and cant change with your phone since i dont have what you do.
    thank you Sickness273 for your answer ! However I had set up as required the Auto BT Tether, but it has no effect , even if I let it in background. I tried to move far from the phone, the connection broke, then I came back and the connection didn't pop up back ...
    One thing is strange : in freetether, in the connection tab, it is written "no device connected" even if the BT connection is active. Is it normal ?
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast