Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    Great news. Maybe this will spark some sort of cross-platform revolution for webOS with all these people that have popped in from other OS's.
    So you have to turn off wifi? Bummer. No go for me.
    Took me almost 2 hours of messing with it, but I got my Touchpad to use my Epic 4Gs mobile hotspot finally. I think the fact that I'm running a leaked version of gingerbread might have been why I had problems.
    This is WAY cool but I don't quite see the point? Why not just use your phone for phone calls and texts? Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    This is WAY cool but I don't quite see the point? Why not just use your phone for phone calls and texts? Am I missing something?
    What if you phone is on the charger in another room? Easy access to answer call or text... This was one feature that set this tablet apart from the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsueks View Post
    What if you phone is on the charger in another room? Easy access to answer call or text... This was one feature that set this tablet apart from the others.
    that's cool and I'd like that however, you do have to shut off wifi- correct?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    So you have to turn off wifi? Bummer. No go for me.
    wi-fi only has to be off while you're pairing the two. after that, it can be turned back on.

*im adding annotations to the video on youtube now.

horror story: I was editing the video with subtitles and all, and after about 3 hours of work, my program crashed while editing the credits. I was only able to save my clipped videos from the Temp folder :\
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    that's cool and I'd like that however, you do have to shut off wifi- correct?
    only while pairing. after that, i'm using wi-fi and bluetooth texting and calling together just fine.
    So after some messing around I got the Nokia 5800 to connect to the Touchpad, but the kicker is that the Nokia "sees" the touchpad as a wireless headset device, therefore I can make calls etc, but I can't do anything related to data with it.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    How do I connect my iPhone to my TP? Bluetooth doesn't see each other? I want this manily for the texting part.
    Perhaps my issue was that I had wifi on during the pairing. After fiddling with it some more, I was able to get text receiving working, but text sending is still not working. It also seems to disconnect frequently...
    I'm lost. Where are written instructions. My EVO 3d never sees the touchpad....
    Someone told me that doing it was a waste of time. Obviously he was wrong. The worst part is that the guy that told me was from webos Internals. No blame guys but you didn't even give it a try.

Thank you Sickness very much for working on this. You're awesome...
  14.    #54  
    I added annotations/written instructions with some information the video does not show. if you had problems, take another try.

Wi-Fi can be re-enabled after pairing.

follow annotations exactly. please do not make any attempts at shortcuts. Follow all card opening and closing you see.

video below.
    Last edited by Sickness273; 09/01/2011 at 04:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Anybody get this to work with a CDMA Pre+?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    This process sounds (and looks) to be entirely patchable or Appible (for now as a separate app and maybe later via a menu option in Freetether). Research to ensue....
    I just successfully paired my HTC Desire with Leedroid Custom Rom with Touchpad 3.0.2

I think this should become sticky
    Any way to copy and paste those written instructions here?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    I just successfully paired my HTC Desire with Leedroid Custom Rom with Touchpad 3.0.2

I think this should become sticky
    not a bad idea
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Any way to copy and paste those written instructions here?
    doing this with just text would be near impossible. you need to see how its done with your eyes. too detailed for just text
    Bo likes this.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast