Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 489
Like Tree71Likes
  1. sousy's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by sousy View Post
    Evo3d here, no calls. I can send texts from the TP but I don't recieve them.
    I just updated to 3.0.4 and my condition is the same. I'm going to try a doctor on the tp and see what happens
  2. #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninLB View Post
    Yes, the Galaxy S2 works with both voice and text on 3.0.4.
    well,at least it worked for a bit, now I can dial out, but can't talk or hear anything from the tablet.
  3. #463  
    I still can only make calls via Droid 3 no text calls works perfectly, what root, rom is needed or try?

    need help thanks


    NEW STEPPING STONE GOT THE DROID 3 to send message from TP but still cant get it received

    NOW i can receive texts, however i keep getting the text i send to people sent to the TP from my phone number!!!
    Last edited by bigballa2102; 10/18/2011 at 11:10 PM.
  4. #464  
    On WebOS 3.0.4 with a Blackberry Curve 3G (9300). Calling works fine both ways.

    Messaging is limited to receiving.

    After initial pairing, the BB lists "Message Notification" as the only available service. After refreshing, it lists: Headset, Object Push, A/V Remote Control Target, and Message Notification.

    Texts do show up on the messaging app on the TP, but replying results in the following error: "Could not send your message due to a network error. Try again. 41"

    The BB is listed as supporting the Messaging Access Profile, so I'm not sure what's going on.
  5. #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarK_MischieF View Post
    Wanted to bump this for the 3.0.4 update.

    Been using this method for a while now (LG Rumor Touch) and it worked fine (other than not being able to lower volume)

    After installing 3.0.4 I did not reinstall any patches or programs but the TP was still able to automatically connect to my phone. I wonder if this is because of freeTether or the functionality in the patch.
    My guess is freetether served to enable the feature in WebOS, possibly by removing the Bluetooth device ID filter.

    Your device probably has (already had) a compatible Bluetooth stack to interact with the TP. I suspect that the variation in Bluetooth stacks in phones is what is causing headaches and extremely limited compatibility for everyone.

    My BB supposedly supports the BT Message Access Profile (MAP) but it seems to be a limited degree, as the TP seems to only be able to receive texts (along with placing/receiving phone calls).
  6. saketh321's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #466  
    I have a bold 9900 and both the calls and texts work perfectly fine.
  7. #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
    Heads up - my Touchpad connected with one click to the ad-hoc hotspot created by Nokia N900 with kernel-power and QT Mobile Hotspot. Solution - Cyanogenmod7 for TP.
    Please... do tell how did you manage to get it working.

    Something changed in my TP, with Cyanogenmod7: it sees the QT Mobile Hotspot the N900 creates but it won't connect, it's stuck on "Obtaining IP Address"...

    I know that the TP is not broken, it will connect if I use the manual code entry, where the wifi connection is without password, a feature I'd rather not use.

    Also, bluetooth is not working from Cyanogenmod7, both N900 and iPhone 3GS.
    Thanks!
  8. sousy's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by sousy View Post
    I just updated to 3.0.4 and my condition is the same. I'm going to try a doctor on the tp and see what happens
    just doctored and Its still the Same. I'm going back to 3.0.2
  9. #469  
    While I haven't used it for a while, I believe with freetether installed and 3.0.2 I was able to send SMS messages with a bluetooth connection with my BB 9650. Now I can only do calls. Is there a way to get SMS back?
  10. #470  
    I have a HTC Thunderbolt running completely stock (was able to successfully update to Gingerbread before they pulled back the update). I was able to get the TP and phone to see each other via bluetooth a week or so ago. I was not able to place a call so I pretty mch forgot about. Then this morning, for the first time, my TP rang from an incoming call to my cell. Surprised the heck out of me. I didn't accpt the call, but tried redialing it back using my cell. The call audio came through my TP.

    I then tried to call a different number, and again, it wasn't able to make the call, but prompted me if I wanted to make a call I needed to use my cell phone handset.

    Does this jibe with what other Android phone users are experiencing (able to receive calls, and can listen into calls mae with the handset, but unable to dial out direct from the TP?

    Its not a big deal with me, since I don't really anticipate using the TP as a phone, but it would seem useful to getting it to work correctly, if possible.
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by teqvexed View Post
    On WebOS 3.0.4 with a Blackberry Curve 3G (9300). Calling works fine both ways.

    Messaging is limited to receiving.

    After initial pairing, the BB lists "Message Notification" as the only available service. After refreshing, it lists: Headset, Object Push, A/V Remote Control Target, and Message Notification.

    Texts do show up on the messaging app on the TP, but replying results in the following error: "Could not send your message due to a network error. Try again. 41"

    The BB is listed as supporting the Messaging Access Profile, so I'm not sure what's going on.
    Same thing on my BlackBerry Curve 9330. Please let me know if you find a fix for sending text messages from your TP, thanks
  12. #472  
    Since the 3.04 update (not sure about before) I have been able to pair a blackberry 8330 through BT with TP for incoming and outgoing calls. Not sure about texting. What I really need though is an internet connection.
  13. Heist's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #473  
    Iphone 3GS on OS 4.3.3 :: TP on 3.0.4.77

    I can:
    - Pair bluetooth calls (Voice only)

    I cannot
    - Get TP to recognize my Wifi Hotspot using any method (MyWi, PdaNet, TetherMe, Native Iphone Hotspot)
    - Get TP to send text message through my phone
    - Transfer files via bluetooth from TP to Phone or vice versa.
  14. #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    Iphone 3GS on OS 4.3.3 :: TP on 3.0.4.77

    I can:
    - Pair bluetooth calls (Voice only)

    I cannot
    - Get TP to recognize my Wifi Hotspot using any method (MyWi, PdaNet, TetherMe, Native Iphone Hotspot)
    - Get TP to send text message through my phone
    - Transfer files via bluetooth from TP to Phone or vice versa.
    All are limitations of the iPhone 3GS and the IOS BT stack

    I'm in your boat, 3GS an no wifi/txt/transfer

    Well I'm not sure if transfers were meant to work with the TP, only phone book I believe
  15. Ace9988's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #475  
    just to let anyone here know I've managed to get this working on my desire HD...both calls and texts on TP webOS version 3.0.4

    any questions PM me please

    Peace!
  16. Heist's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben00 View Post
    All are limitations of the iPhone 3GS and the IOS BT stack

    I'm in your boat, 3GS an no wifi/txt/transfer

    Well I'm not sure if transfers were meant to work with the TP, only phone book I believe
    The phone contacts won't transfer over either.
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by shovon123 View Post
    I've got It working with my OSF too! I found that they only correctly paired when I discovered the touchpad with the phone and not the other way round.

    Pity about the "cannot connect to my device" messages. If you Figure how to stop those messages appearing, please let me know.

    thanks.
    Great! At least there are two of us OSF owners with some success. Unfortunately my technical skills are not yet up to discovering how to remove the message.
  18. sxemama's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #478  
    Has anybody found a solution to the text messaging? I have a Samsung Intercept and I can make calls but can't text
  19. #479  
    frustrated. would really want to get to pair this to either my treo 680/Samsung Spica.

    ..

    does anyone know where to find the bluetooth config files in the tp?
    can't seem to see anything in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.bluetoothtab/ folder.. i was wondering if we could edit a config file..
  20. rfauconn's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxemama View Post
    Has anybody found a solution to the text messaging? I have a Samsung Intercept and I can make calls but can't text
    I have same problem w/ my HTC Evo 4G. Were you able to find out anything?

Posting Permissions