Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    @eblade thanks for the advice unfortunatly its still a no go for me. I still get the same exact problem wether i initiate the connection from the touchpad or from my Evo. From my reading im suspecting its a limitiation in the bluetooth stack that comes with the Sense Roms. IF anyone has gotten an HTC device to work are you using an Sense based rom or a ASOP rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by docnas View Post
    Well i got good news and bad news.

Good news is after flashing 3.0.3 ( which is preety spiffy in my opinion it seems to run as fast as my tweaked 3.0.2) and on selecting bluetooth i turned it on then( my evo phones bluetooth was on and discoverable) and selected add device in type i selected phone and viola my phone was in the list ! YAY!! i selected it and it paired perfectly without a hitch

Bad new none of the phone functions seem to work. I tried to dial out it did the same thing as before ie it dialed like its supposed to my phone lit up and dialed the number. so far so good but then on my touchpad i get a "Unable to connect call cannot be palces through this device try placing the call ....yada yada yada" msg. On my phone again the call had gone thru and was trying to output audio thru the bluetooth "headset" it was connected to (ie the touchpad) but ofcourse nothing was coming thru the touchpad if i changed to output on my phone to speaker it would work properly.

On trying to send a message well i go to the messaging app andit comes to that good old listwith aim google skype etc etc and the Connect phone button on the bottom. So even though my evo is connected to it as a phone its still not recognizing it as a device to send messages from. If i select the button it just brings me to the bluetooth page where i can connect to a phone even though my evo is still connected.
    The guy in that thread probably violated the "advanced access NDA", which is meant for developers to test their apps against upcoming releases, so no one here should even bother trying to do what he did because we would probably end up getting in trouble or our device banned or whatever HP does to unauthorized leaked OS versions

However, it is a good sign that HP finally took the "Phone" filter off, save us all alot of trouble

...In the Bluetooth software of the touchpad, If the device is a phone, they filter out the bluetooth Mac address of that phone if its not a "Web OS" mac address, thats why the touchpads can never find our phones. I took off that filter on my device and my touchpad can find my phone, but unfortunately I didnt know how to package up a hack for anyone just yet (im still learning webos programming)

If you run the bluetooth stack of the touchpad in Test mode, it does mention something about "PAN" profile which would allow us to do networking, hopefully HP will add the functions to the BT software to expose this profile (I believe its already built in to the BTStack Binary but I dont know how to expose/enable it, which I was working on figuring out as well)

** (process:2851): DEBUG: _powerd_server_up connected was true (powerd is already running)
    [PWR]: Initializing Power
    [Core]: Successfully registered profile -- pan
    [Core]: Successfully registered profile -- a2dp
    [A2DP]: BtA2dpProfMgrRegisterInit:A2DP Profile Set IPC Registration func, err= 0x0
    [Core]: Successfully registered profile -- hfp/hsp
    [HFG]: BtHfgProfMgrRegisterInit:HFG Profile registration status 0x0
    [HFG]: BtHfgProfMgrRegisterInit:HFG Profile Set IPC Registration func, err= 0x0
    [Core]: Successfully registered profile -- pbap
    [Core]: Successfully registered profile -- avrcp
    [AVRCP]: BtAvrcpProfMgrRegisterInit:AVRCP Profile Set IPC Registration func, err= 0x0
    [Core]: Successfully registered profile -- BT Co-Existance Profile
    [COEX]: CoExProfMgrRegisterInit:CoEx Profile registration status 0x0
    [COEX]: CoExProfMgrRegisterInit:CoEx Profile Set IPC Registration func, err= 0x0
    [Core]: Successfully registered profile -- BT Test Mode
    [TM]: TmProfMgrRegisterInit:Tm Profile registration status 0x0
    [TM]: TmProfMgrRegisterInit:Tm Profile Set IPC Registration func, err= 0x0
    [Core]: BtProfMgrStartupProfiles: Entered
    [Core]: Initializing profile pan
    [Core]: Initializing profile a2dp
    [Core]: Initializing profile hfp/hsp
    Ok one more post on the matter i was playing with my phone and felt it needed a change so i changed the rom i was running (for all the XDA users i was using mikGs hybrid 2.1+3 and moved to the rainday rom ) and it works perfectly it connectes it sends messeges and it calls out like it should. My guess that it was a bluetooth stack issue with my phone seems to have been right as when i go to the advanced bluetooth setting in this rom i get that messaging option that needs to be selected for it to work.

In Short if you are using an HTC device try different roms before you give up on it.
    Almost works with Windows Mobile. Ends up seeing the TP as a handsfree device. =(
    LG Fathom WM6.5.3
    Hi,first time poster here.
    I can receive and make calls on my TP when connected to my Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) with custom 2.2 ROM. Although the TP tells me it can not connect to my device when trying to call, the call is made anyway.Not able to send or receive sms.
    Great work!
    Last edited by urq20v; 10/12/2011 at 05:29 AM.
    Hi Everyone,

Im running the uber kernel and am trying to pair a BlackBerry 9780 to my HP TP. No luck. I tried free tether and no luck either. The devices do indeed pair with password key exchange, but the BB 9780 is greyed out on the TP in the BT list. On the BB the 9780 has the TP in its list but it states it waiting for the HP Touchpad. No idea how to rectify this.

I have seen other users have success with BB's....... Any help is appreciated...!!!

Thanks
    Heads up - my Touchpad connected with one click to the ad-hoc hotspot created by Nokia N900 with kernel-power and QT Mobile Hotspot. Solution - Cyanogenmod7 for TP.
    Last edited by arcticrobot; 10/15/2011 at 06:54 PM.
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    I was able to pair my phone (HTC 7 Pro) to the TouchPad, but it wouldn't put any calls through.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
    Heads up - my Touchpad connected with one click to the ad-hoc hotspot created by Nokia N900 with kernel-power and QT Mobile Hotspot. Solution - Cyanogenmod7 for TP.
    is anyone having luck with bt dun on cyanogenmod 7, I tried nook color bt tether and no luck.
    Wanted to bump this for the 3.0.4 update.

Been using this method for a while now (LG Rumor Touch) and it worked fine (other than not being able to lower volume)

After installing 3.0.4 I did not reinstall any patches or programs but the TP was still able to automatically connect to my phone. I wonder if this is because of freeTether or the functionality in the patch.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    so is anyone able to tether a Droid 1 to the TP with data after the 3.0.4 update?
    My iPhone 4S paired fine and can make calls, but text doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    works great with my htc hd2 with windows phone mango edition. Make and receive calls. No texting though.
    works with droidx
    Epic Touch pairs just fine. Can call and send/receive text messages
    EVO 4G: Can receive calls but I can't make calls out nor can I send/receive any texts.

edit: also, trying to call out from the touchpad breaks the connection. I can't send/receive until I disconnect and reconnect the bluetooth.

2nd edit: making calls from EVO works, just can't make calls from the touchpad.

Summary:
    Make calls from the EVO and the sound will come through the touchpad.
    Make calls from the touchpad will result in an error that breaks the connection until it is reset.
    Receiving calls is OK.
    No texts through the touchpad.
    Last edited by ksyjoe; 10/18/2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by urq20v View Post
    Hi,first time poster here.
    I can receive and make calls on my TP when connected to my Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) with custom 2.2 ROM. Although the TP tells me it can not connect to my device when trying to call, the call is made anyway.Not able to send or receive sms.
    Great work!
    I've got It working with my OSF too! I found that they only correctly paired when I discovered the touchpad with the phone and not the other way round.

Pity about the "cannot connect to my device" messages. If you Figure how to stop those messages appearing, please let me know.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Epic Touch pairs just fine. Can call and send/receive text messages
    Is this with 3.0.4?
    3.0.4 makes freetether unnecessary now since HP took off the "webos phone" filter

Please post your WebOS version when posting if it works or not that way we cam help figure out how to fix any issue you may be having or how well it's working
    Quote Originally Posted by bebovalles View Post
    Is this with 3.0.4?

Yes, the Galaxy S2 works with both voice and text on 3.0.4.