Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by andymckay2001 View Post
    Dead loss with the N8. Touchpad doesn't see it nor it see the touchpad on Bluetooth. Saying that though, the ad-hoc workaround is finally working. Throws up "error no Internet connection sometimes" but works! Props to everyone who worked that one out!
    Keep trying; I had an N8 pair with the TP using the exact same process found in the YouTube video.

Looks like s^3 devices don't support MAP however, so SMS messaging is a no-go. However:

https://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/QLI_viewQDL.cfm?qid=18275

We may be getting MAP before long. I've emailed the device lister to request more information, and will update the thread if/when I receive it.

For anyone out there wondering if their phone supports MAP, bluetooth.org is one of the best resources for finding out. The only way you'll get SMS messages pushed to your TP is if your phone supports MAP.
    Quick note on the EVO 3D

I got it to text send/receive, however there are a few things to mention about settings that I'm not sure were mentioned (simply because I didnt want to filter through 20 pages of thread)

First: In order to text from the TP through the Evo 3D you need to be sure to enable Messaging services through BT in the BlueTooth Settings>Advanced Settings on the Evo.

Second: The TP may report that the SMS did not send (tiny little exclamation point), but from my tests, it did

As far as calls are concerned, the TP lets me dial, the phone completes the call, but then I never get audio on the TP and an error pops up saying that it cannot complete the call. However, the Evo is connected and believes it is using the TP as a headset.

EDIT:

It appears that the unsent message error might be a result of Handcent, the spinning circle remains in Handcent on my phone despite the text being successful, then when I reset my phone it re-sent the messages. Not sure how to fix it.

EDIT2:

Turning on the 'feature' in Handcent that prevents auto-resend after phone reboot didnt prevent the resend after phone reboot.
    Last edited by beradon; 09/20/2011 at 02:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oliviaik View Post
    Not working for either calls or texts on HTC Incredible. Pairing process seemed to work fine and the TP says I am connected, but I get an error message when I try to make calls and the messaging app doesn't think I am connected to a phone. When I make a call from my phone, the call pops up on the Touchpad, but there is no audio, even though the audio is set to the Touchpad. Thanks anyway!
    I have this working on my Incredible running NilsP business gingersense. Calls work incoming. Sometimes calls work outgoing when dialed from the phone. Texts work both outgoing and incoming! Text is the only useful feature and it works great so far.
    Isn't technology great?
    The year was 2005 and I was using a Dell Axim X51V paired to a motorola phone over bluetooth and enjoying internet access on the go everywhere there was a cell signal.

2001, Nokia N900 powerhouse - that does almost every connection imaginable and connects all devices I have around the house - and it won't work with any of the freetether, Bluetooth combo.
    I'm not even touching wifi since they're incompatible but bluetooth, comeon! A farking 6 year old POCKET PC has a fully working Bluetooth that the touchpad lacks.
    I've tried even mywi and pdanet on iphone 3GS and of course they don't work.

I really don't get it, did they get rid of the tablets because they're impossible to use with anything else besides a palm pre phone?

I've spent hours trying to get the TouchPad online but it just doesn't work and am completely amazed at how technology, at least with some companies, progressed over time.

/vent
    HP32TB likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh79 View Post
    Isn't technology great?
    The year was 2005 and I was using a Dell Axim X51V paired to a motorola phone over bluetooth and enjoying internet access on the go everywhere there was a cell signal.

2001, Nokia N900 powerhouse - that does almost every connection imaginable and connects all devices I have around the house - and it won't work with any of the freetether, Bluetooth combo.
    I'm not even touching wifi since they're incompatible but bluetooth, comeon! A farking 6 year old POCKET PC has a fully working Bluetooth that the touchpad lacks.

I really don't get it, did they get rid of the tablets because they're impossible to use with anything else besides a palm pre phone?

I've spent hours trying to get the TouchPad online but it just doesn't work and am completely amazed at how technology, at least with some companies, progressed over time.

/vent
    Amen Brother
    Sometimes it feels like we are going backwards
    Finally got my TP and Huawei Ascend (M860) running CM7 connected using this method. Unfortunately, even though both 'saw' each other, I wasn't able to make phone calls from the TP. I get a message saying it couldn't make the call and should use the phone itself.

I think it's because the M860 is entry level and MetroPcs has a very poor signal from where I'm trying now. I'll try again from a better reception area. Hopefully it'll work since they 'see' each other.

Thanks for the easy to follow instructions.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    16gb OCd tp, patched, full of preware b4 pairing.

Palm Treo Pro 850, following the instructions it worked, had to add a code to enter, put in 0000 then when i hit allow on TP i put in 0000 and it worked (on the 2nd attempt) on first attempt i followed the same steps but i entered no pass and that caused it to fail, bc tp didnt allow me to enter no pass. What i had to do was clear both BT profiles on phone and TP, and then did a full restart both devices (sickness steps did not work until i restarted both).

Voice calling works! No text yet, guessin map profiles? however i do have a win6.5 flashed treo pro (regular ver is win6.1pro).

Quote Originally Posted by ruben00 View Post
    Touchpad needs to support PAN BT Client or DUN BT Client (bluetooth) Profile but it doesnt look like it supports either one. Yet. So, for those of us that are looking to Tether our TP's to our Iphones or Blackberries via BT, it wont work, the TP doesnt know to use the Iphone or BB as an internet gateway

Iphones support PAN (host) and Blackberries support DUN (host)

Blackberry Bold 9650 Pairs but Calls Dont work and Text Doesnt work either

Oh and I have TP running Stock kernel with a bunch of different apps and patches installed, so I dont think you need a different kernel or a fresh TP in order to get this to work
    is it possible to add or patch what the bluetooth support?

BUG: as i am literally posting this my TP or treo is auto calling my voicemail, dont know which one or why, im not touchin neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh79 View Post
    Isn't technology great?

/vent
    I am with you 1000% I still use my Ipaq Pocket PC h2215 with my Nokia 6265i "but I can not use my Touchpad"
    All these issues are not related to any cell phone. I paired my Nokia 6265i with my car radio and use it for calling and reciving, even to transfer audio from phone to the stereo.
    The problem here is HP locking down the Touchpad.
    In uni with my friend today and he ran though the video in the 1st post - Touchpad is now synced with his Samsung Galaxy S II. SMS and Voice Calls were working great on it
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    Quote Originally Posted by HP32TB View Post
    I am with you 1000% I still use my Ipaq Pocket PC h2215 with my Nokia 6265i "but I can not use my Touchpad"
    All these issues are not related to any cell phone. I paired my Nokia 6265i with my car radio and use it for calling and reciving, even to transfer audio from phone to the stereo.
    The problem here is HP locking down the Touchpad.
    yeah the biggest problem with the TP is they used a proprietary Bluetooth engine on the TouchPad/Webos instead of going with what works and is used on just about any other linux based system in BlueZ instead. To make it worse for some reason they decided to strip a lot of the functionality they previously had out of their Bluetooth engine with webos 3.0

I think in order to solve the problem fully someone is going to need to figure out how to replace the Palm Bluetooth engine with the regular Bluez otherwise we will continue to be plagued with bugs and other bluetooth weirdness. Noticed there was a bit of info here: New Bluetooth - WebOS Internals

Problem is I'm not so sure its doable as it likely requires a linux kernel rewrite/recompile with the proper driver support for the hardware. Also with Cynagenmod not being able to figure out how to get bluetooth support working in Android it doesn't bode well for get it working properly on webos either.
    Anyone tired it on a Motorola Bionic?
    When this is accomplished, can you use the phone to tether wireless in Adhoc mode or does that still only work if you can broadcast infrastructure?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Well I have played around for more than an hour and it won't work!

I have it now with on Touchpad the HD7 is in the list of devices - but not showing as connected...

On my HD7 it says the Touchpad is connected but clearly the Touchpad doesn't realise it is!

HELP!
    got my evo shift 4g to pair with the touchpad but it will not do texting at all and can send out calls only.
    Samsung galaxy s2 on sprint connected by bluetooth. Full text and phone integration. Super easy to do.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where the bug is? I have an AT&T Pre3 (SMS works) that I can pick apart the files and maybe create a patch. I tried replacing the Veer's /usr/bin/sms-service with the Pre3's and that did not do anything. Any ideas?
    Last edited by twack; 09/24/2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Did someone manage to make the SMS Function work ?

I can call it works, Quality is bad, but I cant receive or write messages
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    I have texting working 100% on my touchpad from my Android phone. No failed sends, no yellow ! icons, just smooth sailing. Here's the link -

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...e-working.html
    yeah thats fine but the down side to that is your Tp has to be connected to wifi
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    is there a way to link My TP and smart phone via bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvrdwn View Post
    is there a way to link My TP and smart phone via bluetooth.
    <<Threads Merged>>

This thread covers all the info for linking a non-webOS smartphone with a TouchPad. For webOS smartphones you just hook em up directly to bluetooth, but this does not get you SMS unless you are using a Pre3 at this point.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...