Like Tree71Likes
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    would love to know if anyone gets this going with sprint g s2
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by sam31444 View Post
    I can verify this works on iPhone iOS 5.07 beta
    Text messaging too?
    I installed a new Rom for my phone yesterday, with new kernel. Even though I didn't redoctor my TP after trying with the old Rom. This new one paired straight away.
    I can't make or receive calls. Well, I managed to dial out to voicemail once. Tried it many times since, but its not having it.

When my phone tries connecting to the TP as a Bluetooth headset, the phone dials the number with no speaker working on either device.

On my phone I enabled Bluetooth message access, texts don't appear on TP.

EDIT: If I turn Bluetooth off and on both devices, the TP will let me dial a number once on my phone, only that one time did audio come through the TP.
    Last edited by Aston Martin; 09/17/2011 at 08:25 AM.
  4. J0E
    No go for my EVO 2D. It won't even find the touchpad to begin with.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    would love to know if anyone gets this going with sprint g s2
    Tried it.

Can't place or receive phone calls. If you try to place a call, you'll get that call cannot be placed on this device error message. For received calls your phone will ring but the Touchpad will not. If you answer on your phone, the phone will show the Bluetooth connection as active but you will not get audio on the Touchpad.

For text messages, I was unable to receive any text messages, but I was able to send them from the Touchpad. It takes several seconds to send each message, with an error after each message (but it was successfully sent).
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    My HTC Desire Z and my touchpad don't seem to find eachother via bluetooth.
    Well I got my Motorola Bravo to pair, can't make or receive calls, can receive texts but can't send them
    Dead loss with the N8. Touchpad doesn't see it nor it see the touchpad on Bluetooth. Saying that though, the ad-hoc workaround is finally working. Throws up "error no Internet connection sometimes" but works! Props to everyone who worked that one out!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    Tried it.

Can't place or receive phone calls. If you try to place a call, you'll get that call cannot be placed on this device error message. For received calls your phone will ring but the Touchpad will not. If you answer on your phone, the phone will show the Bluetooth connection as active but you will not get audio on the Touchpad.

For text messages, I was unable to receive any text messages, but I was able to send them from the Touchpad. It takes several seconds to send each message, with an error after each message (but it was successfully sent).
    Replying to myself...

After reconnecting to my phone (just selecting my already paired phone from the Bluetooth menu and selecting it) I'm happy to report that text messages seem to work on the Sprint Galaxy S 2 but the phone call support is still broken for me...
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Worked on my Thunderbolt, its still working, but no text. Had to turn BT on and off to get it to work!!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I tried this with my treo 680, since my pre+ hardware is broken, I was able to pair the tp to the treo but wasn't able to get any further. Maybe the software is just too old or I have a bad setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Bledsoejr View Post
    thanks to the OP for this, I got my iPhone 4 to make and receive calls via TP, but the other person like someone said complained of an echo. Also no texting. I know its been said before I just want to add my experience to help someone out;-)

a side note, if you have MiWi for ios from cydia, your touchpad can connect to your phone that way, I did this the other day while waiting in the doctors office for my GF, was able to surf connected to my iphone. I'm assuming you should be able Skype fine too.
    Hi,

I am using Iphoone 3GS and have MyWi from cydia, can you help how to configure the TP can connect to MyWi?

I have download the fretether from preware.

please help and thanks,

From Hong Kong
    Blackberry 9650 Sprint OS6.
    Worked! But NO TEXT.
    I can get the touchpad to connect to my nexus s 4g, but an error pops up every time I try to make a call. I can't get the messaging to even think about working. Go to add phone and I can see the connection, but can't select it. Bummer, it's not really necessary but it would be cool to get it to work. It's wierd because the day I got the TP I was able to connect the nexus s to it without any trouble and make a phone call, then I did all the preware stuff and it wouldn't see the touchpad unless using freetether. I don't remember if I updated to 3.02 before or after though, probably after. Oh well, Any NS users out there have any better luck?
    Tried this on my Samsung omnia 7, phone calls work no problem, messaging doesn't work. My touchpad gets better everyday!
    Was able to get my LG env touch (VX11000) connected. Worked with voicemail will play with it more later tonight.

Was able to dial and receive calls but people say i sound like I'm under water? lol

Text messaging doesn't seem to want to work
    Last edited by gush01; 09/19/2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: update
    I don't get it, tethering either with an app or through Bluetooth always gets blocked by verizon..how has anyone done this?
    Only gets blocked if you have their spy files on your phone. Try running an AOSP rom

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
    gregcky likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    Only gets blocked if you have their spy files on your phone. Try running an AOSP rom
    Can anyone recommend an AOSP rom for droid x? I'm pretty noob when it comes to rooting/roms etc..

Thanks!
    MIUI is my favorite, but CM7 is another option. Check out droidxforums.com

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.