Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
  1. xpl
    Awesome work! Will try it with my iPhone 4 too!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have calls working on my bionic but no texts
    Im using a Sprint Touch Pro 2 to connect to my Touchpad and i was able to connect using the method posted here but my phone shows the touchpad as a bluetooth headset. Once connected i tried to make a call the phone made the call like it should but 2 things went wrong
    1) 3 seconds after dialing the touchpad gives an error about not being able to make the call while the call actually has gone thru on the phone. there is a button on the bottom labled audio it has 2 options touchpad and phone if i select touchpad i dont hear anything but if i select phone i can hear audio from my phone like normal.
    2) when i try to message when i check under preferances it deosnt show up as a phone connected so unable to message.

Anyone have any ideas what to do ?
    regarding Bluetooth functionality of connecting mobile+TP, is it possible to implement such Code as mentioned with the link in posting #358 as preware package ?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyah View Post
    OMG! thanks a lot! its working effing perfect with my NOKIA N900!!!!

Is it just making phone calls or are you also able to browse internet? I am unable to access internet
    My Phone - Samsung Galaxy Ace succsesfully paired with HP TP, but only for audio, when i've tried to make a call, TP wrote me, that a call can not be placed on TP, so use your Phone. But when i've make a call on TP, on phone that call maked too. So the method in first post good, but not completly working... Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Ace with RUSSIAN Custom ROM (Glmst 2.0)
    HP TouchPad doctored, but with pathes, programs and games.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ernier View Post
    evo3d - sending and receiving text messages no problem. calls from TP or phone are a no go. Call made from the phone are not transfered to TP, and calls made from TP receive error message on TP but it still calls on phone.
    Just an update, incoming calls also work on my evo 3d, but making a call from the touchpad does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner_1199 View Post
    regarding Bluetooth functionality of connecting mobile+TP, is it possible to implement such Code as mentioned with the link in posting #358 as preware package ?
    I think this is a excellent reference! Thanks for pointing out that post. I really think this is what is at the heart of this issue, not what phone this will work with and what one wont. We need a friggin MAP bluetooth profile here folks!! (hint, hint freetether devs)
    Nokia E63 - calls work / no texts

Treo 680 - calls work sometimes / no text
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    so has anyone been able to use their mobile phone hotspot to connect to touchpad? any ad hoc work-arounds?
    This might work
    [webOS] [GUIDE] Connect to an Ad-Hoc Network - xda-developers
    Works with my iPhone 4 (calls only).

Sadly this would only be useful to me if I could receive and send texts, which I currently cannot. I hope someone can create a fix and post it to preware.

Luckily I can tether to my touchpad on iOS 4.3.3 using tetherme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner_1199 View Post
    Iphone on 4.3.3 already implements what the article talks about (PAN server on the mobile device) (Not sure about android)

What we are missing is PAN client BT profile on the TP, which some of us are trying to figure out how to add to the TP
    as I always understood it, tethering was connecting your device (touchpad) to your phone and using the phones 3g to connect to the web.

never realised there as a BT part to get the sms etc running.
    As far as i understand, BT DUN/PAN was integrated in one of the older WebOS versions. Maybe it is possible to port the profile from there to WebOS 3.0.x
    I'll look into it as soon as I get my own Touchpad and a terminal running. This is a pretty annoying flaw in an otherwise awesome system. Really, really stupid to make this only work with webos phones and trying to force people to buy them that way. It's all over for webos anyway.
    So let's sum this up. Is there an actual dev here? Or maybe someone from the freetether team reading?
    Quote Originally Posted by madbob View Post
    as I always understood it, tethering was connecting your device (touchpad) to your phone and using the phones 3g to connect to the web.

never realised there as a BT part to get the sms etc running.
    you are correct madbob, tethering is connecting your device (laptop, tablet, etc) to use your phones 3G connection

What this thread should be actually titled is "First non-webOS phone to be fully 'paired' with HP Touchpad", but no big deal, this will eventually turn into fully tethering once we figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by NDscham View Post
    As far as i understand, BT DUN/PAN was integrated in one of the older WebOS versions. Maybe it is possible to port the profile from there to WebOS 3.0.x
    I'll look into it as soon as I get my own Touchpad and a terminal running. This is a pretty annoying flaw in an otherwise awesome system. Really, really stupid to make this only work with webos phones and trying to force people to buy them that way. It's all over for webos anyway.
    So let's sum this up. Is there an actual dev here? Or maybe someone from the freetether team reading?
    You are correct, it was integrated into the old Pre phones, but you can't just port something written for one OS to another OS without source code, so you have to find a way around it.

One question for you though? If you think webOS is dead, why bother posting?

and yes there are some devs here, and yes we are working on a fix and no we are not working on this 24/7 because we have jobs and families to attend to

Btw, Welcome to PreCentral!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I have everything working on iPhone now. See

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...phone-4-a.html
    I can verify this works on iPhone iOS 5.07 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I have everything working on iPhone now. See

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...phone-4-a.html
    You do not have "everything" working if you cannot receive or send texts with your touchpad through your phone.

For the last week I've been pairing my iPhone 4 over bluetooth for calls and tethering internet with tetherme. But the BIG issue is the lack of text messaging, which renders the touchpad's messaging app useless for me.
    I got my devices to pair, but my work issued BB Curve 8520 shows up greyed out on the TP. I can't seem to get calls working. Any ideas?
    They show greyed out until you actually make a connection, try initiating a connection from the phone.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: